Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and The order of the Phoenix (movie)

just seen it!
    its a good film i really enjoyed but there were mistakes that i just cant drop.
    1. Cho! they did this really badly!(SPOILER)Cho and the irrerigation was a poor move. they made it sound Cho was a good girl an the verateserum was the problem. plus it makes Snape really look evil and not on dumbledors side which was a poor error.
    2. Sirius(SPOILER)AVADA KEDAVRA??!! SERIOUSLY??!! why did they do that?? that was such a bad move there gonna regret that big time!
    3. Harry(SPOILER)what the f**k was up with harry! his father figure and the only family he has left has just been avada kedavrad to death and harrys all like meh..
    4. the profecy(SPOILER)ok..if i hadnt read the book i wouldent have understood it! plus harrys all calm and shiz when he should be going spare
    5. dumbledor(SPOILER)not enougth involvment im afraid a few bits and peices were need in there and they left em out
    6. Kreature(SPOILER)needed more of him
    apart from that i loved the film. the last part was great and i loved it!

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

I guess now that the only hope that they can make this movie make more sense is that they actually filmed more stuff such as a longer scene telling the prophecy and other key parts and just hope that they shot some extra parts and just cut them for the theatre release and hopefully will put them in the DVD movie and hopefully takes out or has an alternate scene with Bellitrix killing Black without the Avada Kedevra curse, piss poor mistake on his part. I think this movie should have definately been way longer and Yates should have definately slowed the pace down and took his time with this plot because it was way to fast and it would not have hurt to make this movie longer. I don't think us Potter fans wouldn't mind watching this as almost a 3 hour movie, do you guys? Because when I first heard they were shooting this, I figured it would have to be about 3 hours to get the most important info in it. Its like others have said, I only understood the actual plot because I have read the book, and if I hadn't read the book, then it would have been kinda hard to follow. Anyway, I read that Yates is also shooting HBP, I am kinda dredding that. They should have just used Chris Columbus to direct them all, or hell let Cuaron do this one because he did a damn good job on PoA, which I think is the best one as far as plot goes and capturing the great details of the book. Yates, you go to hell, you to hell and you die! LOL. But I do dred HBP and hopefully he won't dissapoint again. I knew OotP would be a difficult one to shoot, but I think this is the worst one in aspect of including key book detail, but it is really good with the action and ass kicking.

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Beautiful Movie.

Absolutely.

The plot was a little rushed... but does touch on many points the book does (imo could have touched on many many other things too...)

I loved Luna Lovegood... she was such a weirdo... but so adorably cute ^^~
    Bellatrix Lestrange was perfect!
    Dolores Umbridge... GOSH! I hate her so much more in the movie than I did in the book.

The final fight scenes was like "o-O Ragnarok Online eat your heart out" wonderful special effects.
    ...I did kinda feel an emotional string being tugged when (SPOILER)Sirius Black was killed, I didn't expect it despite reading the book... I was like... WHOAH!

Kreature... ;_;? I wanted to see Kreature in the film.

To early to make this post make sense. ~

As a movie alone if I were to give it a serious rating -~-~-~ ~~~ 7.5/10.

Heh, what did you guys expect? Its not as if anyone who is going to see it hasn't read the books, or at least knows what is going to happen anyways.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Garnie View Post
    just seen it!
    its a good film i really enjoyed but there were mistakes that i just cant drop.
    1. Cho! they did this really badly!(SPOILER)Cho and the irrerigation was a poor move. they made it sound Cho was a good girl an the verateserum was the problem. plus it makes Snape really look evil and not on dumbledors side which was a poor error.
    2. Sirius(SPOILER)AVADA KEDAVRA??!! SERIOUSLY??!! why did they do that?? that was such a bad move there gonna regret that big time!
    3. Harry(SPOILER)what the f**k was up with harry! his father figure and the only family he has left has just been avada kedavrad to death and harrys all like meh..
    4. the profecy(SPOILER)ok..if i hadnt read the book i wouldent have understood it! plus harrys all calm and shiz when he should be going spare
    5. dumbledor(SPOILER)not enougth involvment im afraid a few bits and peices were need in there and they left em out
    6. Kreature(SPOILER)needed more of him
    apart from that i loved the film. the last part was great and i loved it!
    1, 2, 5 (SPOILER) 1)Cho didn't do it in the book. Her friend Marietta did. Cho only felt bad in them because she liked marietta but she also liked harry, so she was conflicted. This way, harry can still feel okay about liking cho, since she didn't snitch of her own free will.

2) JKR never actually said what killed Sirius. You can't tell whether he was killed by avada kedavra or was knocked through the curtain. I feel this ambiguity was still there in the movie.

5) Dumbledore is supposed to be reclusive from harry in this book :P

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Man, you guys are critical.

The movie, did all that it was supposed to do. It entertained. I was entertained. I mean, what do you expect from the Harry Potter movies? Aside from the 3rd film, NONE of the Harry Potter films come close to being "great" movies. They're popcorn flicks. And the 5th book was ENORMOUS. Did you guys really expect all the details to be included? They didn't include a lot of stuff, true, but they did get most of the major plot points across.

It was a good summer movie.

the movie was wonderful. i loved that they included snape's memory that was my favourite part.

also, people need to realize it's a movie BASED on the book. it got the main points across as movies often do.

yeah i did love the film! its just that i felt that parts were left out out i felt that neede to be included!
    but i wasnt dissappointed! i did like the film! id defently watch it again

yeah it's totally a movie and if they had all the parts you wanted in, it would be a copy of the book and about six or seven hours long.

Blog Entries

Big fans of the books are never going to see the films live up to their expectations. Jesus, get a grip, I'm sure the film is awesome with or without the missed-out bits.

there was a picture here

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

The movies are just movie representations of the book. If you watched LOTR a great deal of detail from the books are removed, I think, but the movies themselves play out straightorwardly and properly.

Harry Potter will probably do that, albeit in its own way. For example, from the 5th movie:

(SPOILER)Cho Chang didn't start the fight with Harry leading to them breaking up, and so this means in the 6th book Harry will have to break up with Cho Chang (or they will just pretend that kiss never happened) and then kiss Ginny

In any case, the above example is just a pacing issue. I hope the movies won't need to completely fill up the next two movies with details to compensate though (they will have time to revamp the screenplays to take into context the content in the 7th).

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

It was good, but I think it had room to be better. I hate to be critical because I've read the books but I was a little disapointed at how some of the things worked out.

Str8 Pimpin'

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really hope I didn't come off as one of those crazy people who are like OH MY GOD HARRY'S HAIR IS TWO SHADES LIGHTER IN THE MOVIE THAN IN THE BOOK THAT'S A TRAVESTY JK ROWLING IS GOING TO DIE! DESECRATIOOOOON! But there's a difference between a book not living up to a movie, as they almost always do, but the movie still being good (Goblet of Fire, LoTR, for example) despite missing a few details, and a movie just completely missing out on almost every single standout part and line of the book. xD

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    and a movie just completely missing out on almost every single standout part and line of the book. xD
    That's exactly how I feel. It's not that I expected the movie to have everything in it, I'm just severely disappointed in what they chose to leave out in favor of other things.

so what you're sayin is it's not tom bombadil?