Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and The order of the Phoenix (movie)

its true that valid pints were missed out but still..they can make up for it in the 6th film

gahnie you know that so isn't going to happen.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

I saw it today and I did feel that it was rushed, they really hurt my favorite book into a movie, but it was better than GoF I suppose. What really irked me was
    The problem with the film was that it seemed to be too rushed and like before they exaggerate with the magic. The actor for Vernon didn't portray his character well he wasn't mean at all and that's not really the only time. In the movie there seemed to be several scenes where they didn't portay the scenes from the book correctly, like Dumbledore at the hearing he had sort of a temper and didn't portay Dumbledore's personality of really always staying calm and harry sometimes at points too, sure he didn't feel sorrowful when he needed to be and called out for Dumbledore because he was avoiding him,in the book he did really want to speak of him, but he didn't show it as not to seem as you know...)
    Umbridge didn't seem quite right enought, but i guess she was okay.

What I liked was the intro The department of Mysteries looked wicked cool,much better than I imagined and the Death Eater's entrance was tight. It was said that there was no Death Eater with a baby head or Ron being strangled by brains which I was looking forward to the most.
    Luna Lovegood was just right and I was sort of expecting a short side to Hagrid's journey to the mountains. Of course I didn't expect the Ron Weasly is Our King Quidditch thing at all, but I expected at least to show Harry practicing and then get put off from the team.

Oh well it looks like I won't get hoxed into seeing the two other films.

Yellow Winged Angel

Just got back from the 8.45 screening (I had planned to go to the 8.00 but it was sold out.) I thought it was pretty good, not as good and comprehensive as the book (which is, tbh, my least favourite of the series, yet still good. ), but it has its moments, the usual smart-arse remarks from Ron... and Hermione!

(SPOILER)I did find the ending a tad cheesy though. As follows:
    Harry: We've got something Voldemort hasn't... a huge wedge of cheese...
    Voldemort: AARRRGGGGH! CHEESE! MY ONE WEAKNESS!
    *film ends*

Also, Snape is still totally my favourite character...

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

I actually liked it alot. It felt rushed, like the last movie, but the book's mood actually made this good for the movie. Also, the acting was just incredible. The actors who played Luna and Umbridge just rule, and the regular characters' acting skills are improving with every movie.

EDIT: It sucks that "Weasley Is Our King" didn't make it in, though. Whatever.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

As for the good points, Bellatrix Lestrange was perfectly cast. I actually said when I first read the book that Helena Botham Carter would be perfect. Aside from that the duel with Voldemort & Dumbledore was brilliantly done (if rather short though).

Str8 Pimpin'

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bipper View Post
    I loved that new girl character - the blond/white haired girl that is a bit quirky. Her character is absolutely adorable in every manner. Her character is just so - real.
    Luna Lovegood

I just came back from seeing it about 1 1/2 hours ago, and though it was decent, they left out a LOT, and it was really fast-paced. Yeah it made his confusion more believable but at the same time, it doesn't give the audience much time to breathe. Also, (SPOILER)they took out a couple of things that were necessary. Ron and Hermoine weren't made Prefects! Or is that in HBP? Hagrid didn't mention that the one giant lady was on his journey with him, in fact, all that was mentioned was that he went to see them. He didn't mention anything about the journey. Harry's reading into Snape's mind was too short and sweet, didn't show when Lily interrupts and I thought that was kind of important. Tonks wasn't introduced, so is it assumed that Harry already knew who she was? Cho wasn't the one who told Umbridge, it was her friend. Umbridge wasn't very developed at all, and Sirius' death happened so fast that it didn't register with me that he'd died until it showed Harry talking to Dumbledore in his office. They did the thing where Umbridge observes the teachers WAAAY too quickly, imho. I was so waiting for the scene between her and Gonagal xD.

All in all, I give the movie 7/10 stars. Too much was missing and it was too fast paced.

yeah thats true! but remeber its a huge book!
    also i love Snape to! ima gonna have his babahs

i saw it yesterday, it was really good but it was short it wouldnt have been if it was any other book but its the longest book so i was expecting it to be the losgest film.i they missed quite a few things out but it was a really good film apart from the length. it could have just been a little bit longer

snape is by far the best character....the only others who come close are sirius and dumbledore

I thought it was good. I've liked all the movies so far. I knew once the books started to get long, the movies would start to tornado from one scene to the next to fit in as much as possible.

Although I enjoyed it, I do get an odd feeling from this movie... Like I was watching filler almost. After it ended, despite significant things happening, I still couldn't shake the feeling like nothing much did happen. It was like the whole movie was just for the final 5-10 minutes to set up the "beginning of the end," and the rest of it could go completely untold. That's really not accurate, just how it felt.

I still liked it, though. Many movie adaptions of books are so god awful, so it's nice that each of these is taken very seriously with huge budgets and time spent into them. The movies serve as visual candy for the bigger plots of the book, and the movie at least accomplishes that.

My friend saw the movie with some girl that's crazy for the SnapexHarry pairing for whatever reason. When (SPOILER)Harry says, "We've been at it for hours! If I could just take a break...!" and is all panting and sweaty, I guess she screamed in absolute joy. Harry Potter fans are the best thing since Star Wars fans .

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    My friend saw the movie with some girl that's crazy for the SnapexHarry pairing for whatever reason. When (SPOILER)Harry says, "We've been at it for hours! If I could just take a break...!" and is all panting and sweaty, I guess she screamed in absolute joy. Harry Potter fans are the best thing since Star Wars fans .
    sort of puts a new spin on the master/pupil fantasy with the enmity between them oooh la la

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Book>Movie.

(SPOILER)The fight between Voldy and Dumby did kill major but though

The movie made the book look good. (But only because of the pretty Patronus charms, and an amazing Luna Lovegood.) And boy, isn't that saying something, because Order of the Phoenix was the very worst book Rowling ever spawned.

You can say, ultimately, smurf all happens in both book (and consequently), movie. Sirius' death was so anti-climax it hurt. Emma Watson labours constantly. Daniel Radcliffe has been balded. Rupert Grint has an incessant pout. And Malfoy? My god. Where?!

I didn't have many expectations for this and I've become highly critical of Rowling since this book came out, so I can say -- meh, it was alright. Nothing great and nothing I'd watch if not for the sake of watching.

P.S. Voldemort was just ugly and funny. I don't know if it was meant to be scary. The one other thing that was brilliant, though, was Bellatrix Lestrange. Her break-out from Azkaban and laughter just gave me the chills.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Hang on, in PS, Harry remembers a green FLASH, not so much a jet, am I right?

I'm pretty sure that it wasn't the killing curse, otherwise the description would have been a bit more green - I mean the killing curse is kind of a big thing.

Haven't seen the movie yet, am nervous about Luna, she doesn't look like how I imagine her at all, but everyone says she is fantastic, so if she's a good actress the appearance won't matter.

Also: Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix looks PERFECT. Squeeeeee, they got her right!