Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and The order of the Phoenix (movie)

of course in the book it was ambiguous as to what happened to black, maybe in the movie she told them to reveal it early and that's what happened all along, we'll just have to wait and see.

luna lovegood, though she may look different from what you imagined, should be easy for someone to portray....just gotta be a space case.

The reason why I didn't like any of the first four movies, except the first, is because of Dumbledore. In the first one, he's exactly as I imagined, but the last three (And possibly four), his character has been rather cold and distant, most unlike the calm and kind Dumbledore. He's always supposed to be relaxed, and only shows signs of anger when he is trying to save someone (Like with Barty Crouch JR., or Voldemort in the fifth movie). I find the guy who plays Dumbledore rather scary, but I might still see this movie just because I've seen the other four.
    Last edited by Doomie; 07-17-2007 at 05:31 PM.

that's true the new actor for dumbledore seems more severe, and his voice is a bit too strong. he does a good job in my opnion, but you're right about him not being as good as the original actor...too bad about death etc.

AYE. Dumbledore is so UNIMPRESSIVE. You take someone like Gandalf, who's pretty much the omniscient equivalent of Dumbledore, and he's so amazing. You feel his power. Dumblydoorrrreeee is just an old man to me.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Seriously. Just the other day, I was thinking that Ian Mckellen would have made SUCH an amazing Dumbledore.

But to be Dumbledore after Gandalf would've been such a degeneration. The thought crossed my mind, but it can never be!
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

well yeah...of course he would i wonder if they tried to get him

I think that McKellen said that he would not want to be Dumbledore (he was never offered the part, but was close to the decision, apparently, and knew before it was released that Mike Gambon was). I think he said somewhere that he would interested in playing a different role later in the series (though at this point I'm not sure what that would be - two movies left... the Muggle Prime Minister as a cameo? Scrimgeour? I guess I can wait four days to find out the other new characters.)

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

I noticed the dumbledore thing as well. The first one was aloof and calm. but hte second actor shook someone. I knew the real dumbledore would never do that. Angers me. But what can you do.

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

I agree that the new Dumbledore is too aggressive. He often says lines in a way that make my mouth go all lopsided. In the new movie, he even yells at all the students "Don't you have studying to do!", and book-Dumbledore would never shout at the student body like that.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    I agree that the new Dumbledore is too aggressive. He often says lines in a way that make my mouth go all lopsided. In the new movie, he even yells at all the students "Don't you have studying to do!", and book-Dumbledore would never shout at the student body like that.
    He'd never need to, because they all have a huge amount of inherent respect and reverence for him.

Default spoilers (for people who care lol)

Ive only seen the movies and now im definatly going to start reading the books now....over all the movie was ok on par with the rest but yeah as a person whose only seen the movies it felt like one huge set up for things that are about to come because at the top of my head the only positive thing they accomplish is now everyone believes (Well the ministry more importantly) that Voldemort is back!

Thar fight between Voldemort and Dumbeldore reminded me exactly of the one between Orichimaru and the 3rd Hokage in Naruto with all the spells and summonings (if you can call that lol)

but yea overall good movie the only major noticable rushed thing in the movie was the death of Sirius really! Damn though those 2 hours did fly by lol

edit: and the actor who plays ron said he was dissapointed on the whole missing out of quidditch stuff but he said they're going to do it in the next film.....might be possible because david yates is directing again....

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought the first Dumbledore sucked too (not to speak ill of the dead or anything).

Of course Ian McKellen would have been a great Dumbledore, he's Ian McKellen. I would pay to hear him read through a phone book and I'm sure others would do the same.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I would normally complain like I do about every movie, but I realize there is only so much they can do with so much materials. That being said, I noticed how often times they change situations where Harry gains new insights by having another character or Harry himself have the revelation (Harry's revelation about Voldy being unable to love was originally explained by Dumbledore). The movie had it merits though and it was awesome to see Dumbledore and Voldy duke it out though not as impressive as I imagined it. I was also upset at how passive and weak the DA students were while fighting the Death Eaters. I know students should not be able to handle full grown wizards so easily, yet in the book they at least put up much more of a fight than in the movie. To be honest only Harry really got to show his talent.

I liked the fact that Umbridge was easy to loathe in a much similar manner to the novels.

oh, sweet nuthin' themagicroundabout's Avatar

There wasn't enough Hagrid. :{