Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Readingggg~

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I read a book, and then I try to read another when I’m finished that one. I’m pretty casual about it, though.
    The last book I bought would be Needful Things by Stephen King. It was at one of those weird book fairs that was raising money for straw hats or something.

[test2]loony bob[/test2]

Nevermind, I forgot I got a Nirvana biography a long time ago because I needed something not boring for a book report.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The last book(s) I received were the Dragonlance Annotated Chronicles and Dating for Dummies (which I apparently need, I can't imagine why ). The last book I bought with my own money was, I believe the 8th volume of the manga Genshiken.

I don't read very much anymore. It's been a while since I really engaged with a book, and so I'm not as keen to pick up new titles. The last thing I read was Isaac Asimov's Foundation series a couple of weeks ago, and I didn't really warm to that either. I do intend to pick up a couple of biographies in the week, but I don't think I'll be reading any more fiction in the near future, besides the new Harry Potter book.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

The last three books I bought were Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte), Dubliners (James Joyce) & Tess of D'Urbervilles (Thomas Hardy). The week before THAT, I bought Mrs. Dalloway (Virginia Woolf), David Copperfield (Charles Dickens), The Count of Monte Cristo (Alexandre Dumas) and Don Quixote (Cervantes).

I spend an awful lot of my money on books. I just -- cannot -- go into a bookstore and not buy something. It makes me feel sick coming out empty-handed. I actually feel sick.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Resha View Post
    The last three books I bought were Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte), Dubliners (James Joyce) & Tess of D'Urbervilles (Thomas Hardy). The week before THAT, I bought Mrs. Dalloway (Virginia Woolf), David Copperfield (Charles Dickens), The Count of Monte Cristo (Alexandre Dumas) and Don Quixote (Cervantes).

I spend an awful lot of my money on books. I just -- cannot -- go into a bookstore and not buy something. It makes me feel sick coming out empty-handed. I actually feel sick.
    God, me too. When I found 100 dollars a few weeks ago, I spent it almost completely on a ton of books. xD

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Resha View Post

Now Dubliners is a terrible book I had to study it for A-level english it sucked so much I had trouble writing my essays not because it was particulary hard to write them but it was boring as hell almost nothing happens in any of the short stories in there. I think it's entirely overrated (as is most James Joyce unfortunately) and since we could have done our course on Frank Herberts Dune or Bram Stokers Dracula I was entirely gutted that we had to do that book.

Next books I intend on buying are:

Harry Potter and the deathly hallows ~ JK Rowling
    A feast for the crows ~ George R R Martin (a song of fire and ice book 4)
    Of Fire and night ~ Kevin J Anderson (Saga of the seven suns book 5)

those are the ones I HAVE to buy there'll be others that just catch my eye.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The Essential Calvin and Hobbes.

Suffice it to say, it eclipses all of the books thus far mentioned in this thread combined.

I also purchased The Children of Húrin recently, and as far as reading goes, pretty often.

Blog Entries

I usually only read the paper, but the last book I read was The Alphabet of Manliness (not that I need instructions on manliness ).

there was a picture here

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Don't expect me to be logged on for a couple days after July 21st. :mog:

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Now Dubliners is a terrible book I had to study it for A-level english it sucked so much I had trouble writing my essays not because it was particulary hard to write them but it was boring as hell almost nothing happens in any of the short stories in there. I think it's entirely overrated (as is most James Joyce unfortunately)
    James Joyce's literature is almost too hard to get. Although I actually found Dubliners to be quite good, and I liked some of his stuff in school.

Str8 Pimpin'

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't bought a book in a while. I guess it might be the last series of unfortunate events book.

I've gotten quite a few books off of bookmooch.com though, the latest one was a UK harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban paperback.

Right now I'm reading that, the second Dark Tower book, and Thud! by terry pratchett. Also a book by Christopher Pike.

I like to start books and not necessarily finish them xD.

Oh yeah, I'm in the middle of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance too!.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonziekins
    Don't expect me to be logged on for a couple days after July 21st.
    Is it going to take you that long to recooperate? it couldn't possibly take that long to read!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would be more concerned about logging on BEFORE the 21st, because I'm scared of surprise spoilers on the intertubes. :[

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

that kind of spoilers they arrest you for, rye because it means that you just thwarted scholastic and bloombury and those big publishing houses don't like that.

I read my stories, and read me and my friends role play ones too

I like reading Manga, Pretear and Sailor Moon
    Offline/Online