Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Readingggg~

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Pink Grin Readingggg~

I rarely read nowadays because I never really make time for it. I haven't bought a book in like, ever -- but today I bought Steven Gerrards autobiography.

What was the last book you bought? How often do you read?

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I can't even remember what the last book I read was. I have very little patience with reading

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

James and the Giant Peach.

Years and years and years ago.

I think the last book I actually bought was A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. I don't read as much as I used to, but I try to make time for it.

I bought a Thai cookbook and Volume 2 of Fruits Basket manga last.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Needs to stop disappearin Black Angel's Avatar

I last bought New Moon by Stephanie Meyer. I read it in two days.

Smile and Be happy :love: louby_4eva's Avatar

The last book I bought was years ago, but I read all the time. I recently had three James Herbert books bought for me, and I borrow my boyfriends books. Right now I'm reading a book by Ian Irvine, I've read 6 of the books in this series in the last six months. I find it hard to make time to read, but when I do have the time I will read for hours.

Smile and Be happy

the last book i bought was harry potter and the half-blooded prince, that was ages ago and even then i rarely read books,and i still havent finished it.

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

I bought three books last week :O I love buying books, and I do so every month, every fortnight, even. It's true I don't have very much time to read sometimes, but I intend to read LOTS over this summer. I hate not being able to read some, even if only a little everyday.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This past week I bought and read Heat: An Amateur's Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook, Pasta-Maker, and Apprentice to a Dante-Quoting Butcher in Tuscany by Bill Buford and Children of Hurin by Tolkien, edited by Christopher Tolkien.

Heat was a wonderful read. Very funny, and it gives a great glimpse at the world of professional cooks and kitchens. I had no idea that Mario Batali liked to down 12 bottles of wine, swear like a sailor and rummage through garbage cans. But I can totally dig it. One of those rare books that entertains and informs at the same time. I could read this book over and over again.

Children of Hurin was a very fast read, I finished it in a few hours. But I didn't feel like it offered up that much more than what was already told in The Silmarillion. It was ok but I doubt I'll read it again.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I bought The Dark Tower about two weeks ago. Started it last night. I read for a couple hours a day when I was a kid, but don't nearly as much now that I'm older. But I did pick up somewhat my first year in college, and this summer I've read the first six books of the Dark Tower series, which I would consider a lot.

The Final Fantasy PSP Strategy Guide.

Gosh I hate reading the last time I read a real book was during school about 2 months ago. The book was called Among the Free.

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Cloud View Post
    Gosh I hate reading the last time I read a real book was during school about 2 months ago. The book was called Among the Free.
    You only hate it because you can't, Joseph.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Cloud View Post
    You only hate it because you can't, Joseph.
    At least I have a better excuse than "I read my Final Fantasy Strategy Guide"

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2