Thread: Wings of the Goddess

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm thinking Green Mage as another support job. They could have all the enhancing magics, plus a few unique ones that will set them apart. Like spells that enhance stats of party members, basically Bard stuff but using magic instead of songs. Also maybe they'd even get Regain, I'm sure DDs would love that.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Gonna Overdrive your ass! Siegfried's Avatar

I would also really like gender based jobs, ya'know?
    Like something pretty...
    Beware of my look a like!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Green Mage is cool. Maybe a Mime?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
    I would also really like gender based jobs, ya'know?
    Like something pretty...
    Yeeeeees.

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Did you read the part where mobs can actually go extinct? ;p that sounds fun.
    Too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble View Post
    I think most people are surprised considering the lack of polish on ToAU and its jobs.

I think Dancer could be a viable alternative to the BRD dependence in the game. I'm not sure how they could make Chemist work with Alchemy and all, but if they could manage it, it could also help with the number of potential healers. I'd personally most like to see Geomancer. Some have also mentioned Time Mage considering the them of the expansion.

I'm all for any of those. Another tank wouldn't hurt either, though I'd prefer they stick with traditional FF jobs rather than pull a stunt like WTFPUP again. At least if they do pull some random job out of their nether region, I hope they take steps to keep it from sucking horribly.
    alternative to BRD. I can't let this happen!! I can't have competition. Us BRDs have a great monopoly going for us.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalshiva View Post
    Did you read the part where mobs can actually go extinct? ;p that sounds fun.
    That will be sweet as now we can start having environmental linkshells on FF11.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Hey, so, like... wouldn't it be awesome to have a job that was super cute and had frills and lovely costumes and involved lots and lots of pretty pretty pretty? Yeeeeeaaaaah.
    Taru Corsair :3?

._.?

Gonna Overdrive your ass! Siegfried's Avatar

How about dual wielding shields?
    Beware of my look a like!

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Shield WSs D:

Here is some more info about Wings of the Goddess:

FFXIClopedia's Interview at E3 with S-E about Wings of the Goddess.

Allakhazam's Interview at E3 with S-E about Wings of the Goddess.

1UP Interview at E3 with S-E about Wings of the Goddess.

I'm also talking with a real life friend of mine to go to the Fan Festival with me in November. We'll see how that turns out and I'll post informattion and pictures if I can go. XD
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Quote Originally Posted by RedXIII13 View Post
    Maybe a Mime?

What really seems interesting to me about this expansion, or what it looks like to me, is the time travel back to Crystal War times. Something Besieged-like but in a larger area like Batallia or Sauromugue would be awesome. Even moreso with actual need for tactics instead of running around looking for something to hit.

Anyhow, that's my opinion on it.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Since nobody mentioned it, Time Mage would obviously have Hastega. Some other possibilities: a Quick type spell that could reset the timer on spells/abilities(already have this w/ corsair too);would have Slow 1, 2, and possibly even 3 at high levels or as a merit spell; I think Regain is a good idea for Time Mage too; Comet; Reflect possibly; and the most important thing that I personally would do w/ a Time Mage would give it a Teleport-like spell that ties into the past, there's a portal to get to the past, so this Teleport would take the party directly to the portal, both in the past and in the present.

NECROMANCER, a beastmaster that specializes in undead. There's all kinds of things that SE could do w/ a Necromancer, and I personally would love it. I also think it could fit well into WotG. You obtain abilities/spells for specific mob types in the past by killing them, then use their dead spirits in the future as 'pets'. And I dunno about an all-out charm for skeletons and fomor, but the necro could have an ability that puts the undead to sleep(a true death or something) that they come out of after a time.

I hope for a tank, but I can't imagine what SE could possibly do to make a tank that's original and not just a clone of warrior paladin or ninja. Maybe a necromancer type job could tank w/ a mix of abilities including something like "Turn Undead" which basically turns the pc undead for a limitied time, or spells like Transmogrification or Mind Wall like mammets have. Transmog absorbs all physical dmg, and mind wall absorbs all offensive magic.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Wouldn't it be cool if a Time Mage could teleport you to the same exact spot but in the past? Or maybe past versions of the crags.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Hey, so, like... wouldn't it be awesome to have a job that was super cute and had frills and lovely costumes and involved lots and lots of pretty pretty pretty? Yeeeeeaaaaah.
    NAH

I really like the idea of a Time Mage! I would certainly give that class a go. A Necromancer would be good too actually, I always played that class in Diablo 2 just so I could have an entourage of wiblets following me about.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but nothing has been announced yet, regarding jobs? Given the game is due out in November, you would expect some confirmation soonish...I hope!