Thread: Should I give the Blood Sword to Firion

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Default Should I give the Blood Sword to Firion

Firion has all the White Magic so he doesn't have a lot of Stregnth to begin with. But that's more than taken care of with Gus and Leila and Maria has Holy 6 and Ice/Fire 5 and Bolt 4, so I don't really have a problem doing damage. It's awesome that Blood Sword drains HP, but it's soooo weak, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Also, Esuna 5 can cure anything right?

Keep the Blood Sword until you reach the (SPOILER)Emperor in Pandemonium. He's weak against that weapon. Just equip it to some who has a high sword skill
    Last edited by Crossblades; 07-16-2007 at 04:43 PM.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Where WAS the Blood Sword? I don't think I ever found it.

You'll find the Blood sword in the basement of Castle Fynn.-

I started to play the game not long ago because I havent beated the game before :rolleyes2

I gotta beat this and 12 to have the list complete

I've also beaten Mystic Quest, but Im not sure if I'll ever get my hands on FF tactics
    RPG<3

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzoya View Post

I started to play the game not long ago because I havent beated the game before :rolleyes2

I've also beaten Mystic Quest, but Im not sure if I'll ever get my hands on FF tactics
    Haha, you're playing this game for the same reason I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Omni Legacy View Post
    Also, Esuna 5 can cure anything right?
    Yeah. But if you want it to have a better chance of curing status ailments such as petrification in battle you should raise it to a higher level. At higher levels it'll be able to cure everyone who is petrified in your team. Keep in mind that outside of battle Esuna will always work at high enough levels but in battle it'll ocassionaly fail even if your Esuna spell is at the right level to cure the status ailment.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post
    Keep the Blood Sword until you reach the (SPOILER)Emperor in Pandemonium. He's weak against that weapon. Just equip it to some who has a high sword skill
    Yes, the Blood Sword is very useful during that battle. However, it also seems to work wonders against many other bosses, at least the ones in (SPOILER)Jade and Pandemonium.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Why is everyone (SPOILER)talking in spoilers? Everyone knows that(SPOILER) the Emperor exists so what are you going to (SPOILER)spoil by saying (SPOILER)Emperor?

Where WAS the Blood Sword? I don't think I ever found it.
    If you're playing Origins, there are two: the one previously mentioned in Fynn Castle, and the one Pavel gives to the party before entering the tornado. Not sure about other versions, though.

I would suggest paring it with another sword (one in each hand). That way, even if the Blood Sword misses, you'll be doing damage with the other one while leveling up your sword skill. Just don't forget to remove it when undead enemies greet your party. However, if Firion is your white mage, it may be better to leave him in the back row and give it to someone else.
    Last edited by Snap Jumper; 08-29-2007 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omni Legacy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzoya View Post

Haha, you're playing this game for the same reason I was.
    And for the same reason I am :P