• Former Site Staff

Mine is starting to break also.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

What the heck did they do differently with the American versions? I've had my Japanese Navy lite since a couple weeks after it came out in Japan (Feb '06) and I have no problems, yet I know quite a few people who have the US White Lites and have had cracked hinges and stuff.

Do let us know how the customer service angle goes.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    What the heck did they do differently with the American versions? I've had my Japanese Navy lite since a couple weeks after it came out in Japan (Feb '06) and I have no problems, yet I know quite a few people who have the US White Lites and have had cracked hinges and stuff.

Do let us know how the customer service angle goes.
    Moral of the story: Don't buy white ones.

Mine's black and I've had no problem with it so far, except for there's one dead pixel in the middle of the touch screen, and it's been like that since I bought it.

Anyone know how to fix that?

EDIT: I take that back. Even when the DS is off, you can see it. I guess something is stuck under my screen. (How the hell does that happen?!)

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Couldn't get through to customer service, lines were busy. Probably people asking when they can get Wiis. Will try again today.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

It has to be the white ones, my black one is perfect.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

So white ones are defective? Didn't the black version come out later?

No cracks or anything on my DS Lite, but it is wearing out. As with my SP before it, the Left Shoulder button is becoming tetchy (won't work all the time), and it's GBA slot isn't working perfectly (press a game in all the way and it won't recognize it, you have to have it slightly pulled out [about 1mm]). Anyone else experience these problems?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

THIS SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED TO MINE!!!

mine looks basically the same as yours did in the picture. I called up Nintendo, I had my DS for a little over a year, and because the warranty is only for a year, they said they had to charge me.

They said it would be $75 + $7.50 for their UPS delivery service. So yeah, for a system I bought brand new for $130, they want $82.50 TO FIX PLASTIC!!! 63%.

Check out this site:
    http://www.oldschoolgamer.ca/information.aspx?SID=29

I'll probably look for others, but this one has repairs starting at $40, which is still crazy considering it's plastic, but not as bad as Nintendo by any means. At this rate though, I think i'm gonna ask one of my more handy relatives on what I should do, probably take my chances with superglue.

Let me know how this goes and I'll be checking this too

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    THIS SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED TO MINE!!!

mine looks basically the same as yours did in the picture. I called up Nintendo, I had my DS for a little over a year, and because the warranty is only for a year, they said they had to charge me.

They said it would be $75 + $7.50 for their UPS delivery service. So yeah, for a system I bought brand new for $130, they want $82.50 TO FIX PLASTIC!!! 63%.

Check out this site:
    http://www.oldschoolgamer.ca/information.aspx?SID=29

I'll probably look for others, but this one has repairs starting at $40, which is still crazy considering it's plastic, but not as bad as Nintendo by any means. At this rate though, I think i'm gonna ask one of my more handy relatives on what I should do, probably take my chances with superglue.

Let me know how this goes and I'll be checking this too
    Wow. I just got through and they told me basically the same thing. I'll probably just spend the $75 though. I live near Redmond, so I can go in and get a new one for that price, I guess.

White ones don't react well to anything.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

My Lite got a crack in it near there. I returned it under the year warranty because of the dead pixels--the crack wasn't covered.