• Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post
    By god, I hope it never does.

I do not wish to see a repeat of "Excuuuuuse me, princess."
    *does The Dance of the Retarded Three-Year-Old*

Make it! Make it now!

Blog Entries

The movie whould have Link talking like this...
    *Link walks over to Zelda*
    Zelda: Morning Link!
    Link: Ha! Yaaa! Hup!
    Zelda: WTF?
    No, not really, but anyways...
    It'd be great in a sorta way.

i wouldn't mind a Zelda movie, but it just seems perfect prey for butchering....

I just thought it would be a cool idea but some people don't have an open mind about it

the problem with franchise movies is people will never be happy with it. look at harry potter look at x men look at everything based on a book (which is most movies)...fanboys will always complain about storyline, what was put in or left out, bad transition issues 'when link gets hurt he shouldn't be able to shoot energy out of his sword, but in the movie, he CLEARLY got scratched by the cat and then used it later that day without having been healed! i want my ten bucks back!'

i understand that people hold these themes and characters near and dear to their hearts, but they have to remember that a film is realized by so many different people than the games/books/whatever are, and that means things will change.

in short, if it happens, it will fall somewhere between the first mortal kombat movie (in my opinion the best you can hope for) and D&D movie (not even a good movie if you know nothing about D&D, and gods help you if you do)

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think it would be pretty neat as a CG movie, and they'd find a decent voice for Link. I think Ocarina of Time would be a decent storyline =D

There are a lot of game serieses they didn't make movies on which they were based.

They never made a Mega Man movie. They never made a Need For Speed movie. I think two examples is enough. Continue talking about a Zelda movie even though it'll never happen. If it were going to happen, it would have happened by now.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I would totally watch it if Link just grunted and the people magically understood him. Or put words in his mouth. I love mute heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ceej View Post
    There are a lot of game serieses they didn't make movies on which they were based.

They never made a Mega Man movie. They never made a Need For Speed movie. I think two examples is enough. Continue talking about a Zelda movie even though it'll never happen. If it were going to happen, it would have happened by now.
    What? No Need for Speed movie, what's all those Fast and Furious and Gone in 60 Second type movies. They don't share the name, but ain't they essencially the same thing. Fast cars and stuff [/Never played or watched any Car movie outside of Cars ]

If Need For Speed doesn't count, let me give you a second example: Shadow Hearts. Like I said, there are plenty of them. I can name many of them, but it'd be pointless to do so when I can make a point with two examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexicon View Post
    the problem with franchise movies is people will never be happy with it. look at harry potter look at x men look at everything based on a book (which is most movies)...fanboys will always complain about storyline, what was put in or left out, bad transition issues 'when link gets hurt he shouldn't be able to shoot energy out of his sword, but in the movie, he CLEARLY got scratched by the cat and then used it later that day without having been healed! i want my ten bucks back!'

i understand that people hold these themes and characters near and dear to their hearts, but they have to remember that a film is realized by so many different people than the games/books/whatever are, and that means things will change.

in short, if it happens, it will fall somewhere between the first mortal kombat movie (in my opinion the best you can hope for) and D&D movie (not even a good movie if you know nothing about D&D, and gods help you if you do)
    your right in every way.

i cant believe people had a problem with transformers movie. i was a fan of that since i could barely talk. and even though it was way different from the series i still found it to be the best movie i seen this year. and definatly on my top 10 favoirte movies.

people jsut need to lighten up and realize that people wil interpret things differently.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    If Miyazaki makes it, I'll allow it.
    It would be cool animated and not live action.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Link Doesn't Talk!
    Yeah, I can see it now: Link's only form of communication consists of "'HAAA', 'HYAAAAAA', and 'WAAAAAAA'"

Or sign language.
    I was going to link you to a video I saw on Newgrounds a while back of Link trying to buy some hearts at the store in Kokiri Forest communicating like that, but then I noticed Newgrounds is down now. It is hilarious, though.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Zelda doesn't have enough plot and dialogue to be a movie, really.

But then, I can think of a way that Shadow of the Colossus could be made into a stellar movie, and Zelda would be as well using pretty much the same formula. Little dialogue at all, just the hero going from point A to point B and slaying the fearsome beast with a lot of pretty scenery and sets in between.

Colossus would probably work better since it doesn't have a dungeon involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Link Doesn't Talk!
    Yeah, I can see it now: Link's only form of communication consists of "'HAAA', 'HYAAAAAA', and 'WAAAAAAA'"

Or sign language.
    I was going to link you to a video I saw on Newgrounds a while back of Link trying to buy some hearts at the store in Kokiri Forest communicating like that, but then I noticed Newgrounds is down now. It is hilarious, though.
    You mean this?

Anyway, I'd probably watch the movie, but I don't think I'd like it much due to the lack of... well, stuff to put in the movie o_O;;