Thread: Easiest way to obtain High Arcana

Default Easiest way to obtain High Arcana

What is the easiest way to obtain high arcana (not from rewards from monteblanc or w/e, im talkin the harder ways).

I know of 3 methods really.
    1.) Bazaar using materials (omg soul of thamasa is so hard to get!)
    2.) 5% drop off rare game mobs with the canopic jar.
    3.) Steal from espers? (all i have left is ultima and zodiark to get.)

Whats the easiest way? i just need my high arcanas for my tournesol =(

ive always wondered what the use of arcana is cause as soon as i get it i sell it
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Soul of Thamasa isn't hard to get. I have like 9 of them.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

The problem is selling the Souls blindly. I made that mistake and now I'm one High Arcana short for a Tournesol.

After the ones you get as hunt rewards or stealing from hunt club game, the only way to get a Soul of Thamassa is a rare drop from Oversouls. I've been trying this and it's a lot of effort with little payoff.

I'm considering bypassing the Bazaar and just trying for a High Arcana drop from a repeatable rare monster. Hopefully the ones that appear easily can drop them as well.

i had started ff12 again and i have got my first high arcana from belias im trying to get lots of high arcanas early so i wont have to get the bazzar items and stuff.

I just make sure that I get one from every Esper I beat. Espers have terrible loot tables except for the High Arcana, so I just reset until I get one, then I blast the Esper to pieces. It's a little tedious, but I'm an obsessive perfectionist.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronama View Post
    What is the easiest way to obtain high arcana (not from rewards from monteblanc or w/e, im talkin the harder ways).

I know of 3 methods really.
    1.) Bazaar using materials (omg soul of thamasa is so hard to get!)
    2.) 5% drop off rare game mobs with the canopic jar.
    3.) Steal from espers? (all i have left is ultima and zodiark to get.)

Whats the easiest way? i just need my high arcanas for my tournesol =(
    soul of thamasa is NOT hard to get. activate the rare hunt game at phon coast then go to barhiem passage for ishteen. steal from him...slip into the other zone & steal from him again. run away to the red crystal & beam out. you'll get TWO souls every time cuz of the fact he appears in two zones side by side.

rinse lather repeat....you can get 99 souls doing this.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Almost 10 years ago! I'm sure that Kuronama has either worked out how to do it, or has long given up.

Please don't revive threads this old, thank you!