Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So here's my rant!

Default So here's my rant!

I was so mad today, Because I started a new game and my wonderful 4 year old has gotten a hold of my Strat. Guide and I was missing some pages! Yes, I know I should have kept it out of his reach, But oh well. Anyways, So I am in the great crystal and that is one of my missing pages. So, instead of getting madder then I was, I pulled a walkthrough up on my computer and just had my Husband guide me through it. (You should have seen him trying to pronounce some of the names of the area)! Anyways, So, I get one walkthrough on the computer and it was so off, I got lost and had to go back to the top of the crystal and get on the computer to find another one!! Well, I find another and I get lost again!! Grrrrrr!! I was mad!! So finally I found one and got thru the crystal no problem!! Now, I am just doing some hunts before the I move on in the game. So, to continue, I was doing the Belito hunt and I wanted to look at it in the guide. So I look for it, Mind you book is messed up, and I find the page I need along with the pages I needed for the crystal!! I told my hubby, First thing in the morning I am going to EB games or Wal-Mart or somewhere and get a new guide!! I am done!! Anyways, Thanks for listening!!

Further proof children should be killed.

Just my opinion but games are much more fun and rewarding if you don't use a guide, especially XII which is too easy to need a guide.

yeah but the guide comes with pretty pictures.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

You're kidding, I can't imagine doing Giruvegan without some kind of guide.
    jkhkjg

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Navigating the Great Crystal is tricky even with a map. I found copying an online map by hand and then annotating it with room names and whether the staircases branching out of each room were going up or down the most helpful. Even then I got turned around a couple of times.

You don't realise how incredibly handy the automapping feature is in this game until they take it away.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    LOL WTF!?

anyway, thanks for contributing with the rant, i can feel your pain. In the Great Crystal, a guide absolutely helps.

oddly enough though when i recently played it I decided not to look for any guide and just wing it. I don't know if it was FF instincts or pure luck, but I managed to get to the core straight through (didn't get the side stuff) without getting lost. so my advice would be to not play this game w/ a guide, although there are some things i couldn't blame you for looking for (i already have on this playthrough for a few hunts)

Articles
    Blog Entries

Im a child.. *Runs*

I love books, Id never ever rip pages out of books

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    You're kidding, I can't imagine doing Giruvegan without some kind of guide.
    No your kidding! I loved Giruvegan! I was flying through the game since Elder Wyrm & bang the gate crystal kicked me in the head(metaphorically). I never used the guide for the storyline would have been lazy only used it to do side quests, get optional espers etc.

You freaking need a guide for reaching Ultima, Omega Mk XII and the Excalibur in the Great Crystal anyway. Jeez I sat for ages looking at the page in the official guide trying to work out what gates to unlock and how to go about unlocking them. In this case it is certainly NOT more fun without the guide. With the guide you get to laugh at the game lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post

Thats right, make things better for the next generation lol

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Balthier Rocks View Post
    Im a child.. *Runs*

I love books, Id never ever rip pages out of books
    KILL HIM!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Is this a topic?

I got stuck at Giuvergan, but that's about it.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I got through the Great Crystal and beat Ultima without a guide

...Ultima was a BITCH to kill, but I did it on the first try...