Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BOOK OF DOFUS.

The Twilight Melody dragontamer's Avatar

Default BOOK OF DOFUS.

The main point of this thread is to share our stupidity.

have you ever done something REEEALY stupid that could have so easily been avoided.

anyway.

I'm battling the Undying again with ease, and after a couple of minutes he starts throwing up his palings. he uses the physical immuneity first so I think: right, this is not going to take too much longer, so i'll bring in a reserve char to speed things up. Sounds good, right? WRONG! I say bye to Penelo, hello to Fran and set Vaan to use Renew on the party.
    But...
    Fran...
    Was wearing mirror mail...
    And I compleatly restored the Undyings health!!

How darn stupid is that!!??:mog: :mog:
    Please visit my DeviantART page! If you have an account, please leave comments on my work to help me improve my drawing! Thanks!

Using elemental equipment against a monster that absorbs the same element and wondering why the monster's HP hasn't dropped a bit.

Running around the Great Crystal without a map. Boy, that's so ridiculous it isn't funny.

Thinking that Reflect will solve all problems... *Reminisces fight with Zeromus* GAH!!! Piercing Graviga!

Casting Reverse on one character and another one (from my party) casts Renew, and Reversed member is in range. Instant kill!

Wow, I never realized what a fool I am.

this isn't in ff related but im kinda proud that it took me six shots to figure out that i was shooting at a clump of grass!!!!
    explanation:
    out by the fence theres a new woodchuck hole with two stupid chucks
    i decided to shoot them using a 22.
    turns out i cant hit but it didn't really matter because they didn't notice the bullets raining down on them.
    that night i think i see one out again so i shoot 6 times and wonder why it aint moving i go get the binocs and see its a damn clump of tall grass.
    so now im gonna get abigger gun
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Namelessfengir View Post
    this isn't in ff related but im kinda proud that it took me six shots to figure out that i was shooting at a clump of grass!!!!
    explanation:
    out by the fence theres a new woodchuck hole with two stupid chucks
    i decided to shoot them using a 22.
    turns out i cant hit but it didn't really matter because they didn't notice the bullets raining down on them.
    that night i think i see one out again so i shoot 6 times and wonder why it aint moving i go get the binocs and see its a damn clump of tall grass.
    so now im gonna get abigger gun
    0_o You've gotta meet my friend...

Me? I cast silence on King Bomb hoping he wouldn't use renew. Also, at the beginning of the game, I tried using Libra on monsters and kept wondering why it didn't work...

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Lol me too with the Libra thing, the spell description wasn't very helpful. I thought it was like Scan or something.
    jkhkjg

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Sometimes you outwit yourself. I read up on how to make the Kaisar Wolf appear (killing the Linbur Wolf). I wasted a lot of time trying to make the darn wolf appear, but only after I joined the Hunt Club did I realize that was the other prerequisite. I would have been better off not knowing anything beforehand.

yeah u know the sidequest where u can set up the lovestruck man with the viera girl? yeah?
    well i forgot what the Viera looked like and thought Kjrn (another sidequest person) was the viera he was talking about and i spent ages doing the talking bits with her and finally completed that bit only to find it was the wrong girl and i could have finished the viera dating sidequest ages ago if i had gone into the shop where the actual Veira he liked was at.
    it was just so annoying because u don't finish the Kjrn one till like before the bahamut.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

FullMetal Dope XD ~ Hot ~ rayquaza0's Avatar

Default I feel the pain?

i remember when i was playing ffxii, i went to the toilet, my uncle who also like ffxii went into my gambits and put the gamit as ally<any (>) attack, he did that to all my characters and un equipped there shields armour and accerossories, i then came out of the toilets and quickly un paused the game, i was fighting the hell wrym and kept wondering why my characters kept dieing = ( i only found out when i had a gameover screen because my uncle laughed his head off and told me. I should of realized

:greenking

i had gambits set up to cast protect, haste, regen, shell, and cura on self. Took me ages to work out why i was getting demolished by wolves on the phon coast.

Then i worked out the Mirror Mail i had just equipped had auto-reflect! Doh!
    Quistis Treppe Groupie #3

mine was quite simple. i put the magicite thingy you found in the castle vault thingy (the one balthier was after in the beginning of the game) to my main buffer and kept wondering why she never did cast a single spell even though i had her gambits on. all she did was walk/stand around.

never read hte description.... stupid me...
    I NEED SIG. I NEED SIG.
    CAN ANYONE GIVE ME? I'LLGIVE ALL MY LOVIN' TO THEE IF YOU GIVE ME. SIG. PLS??????
    :mog: :mog:

(SPOILER)PEE KA BOO!

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Never tried using Libra on enemies, but I also tried to silence King Bomb. I also, rather foolishly, wondered if I could simply run past Garuda because I was tired and wanted to at least get a look inside the Tomb of Raithwall before I called it quits for the evening. Oh dear.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Blog Entries

I got hell wyrm down to about half health and left, went through the place with a dead main party I forgot to revive and my level 30 reserve team. I decided to be an idiot and run over some traps. Immobilized and gradual petrify on balthier, my only remaining party member

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I was fighting the final battle and whilst he had both a Paling and Magical Barrier, I did not bother to revive my spare team and then got pwn'd. It should be noted that he was practically as good as dead, just a few more hits left.

First time through the Sand Sea I ran up and hit one of the Elemental Entites. In about 1 minute my whole party died in a firey explosion of awesomeness. What makes this even stupider is my party had Libra on at the time,I had just choosen to ignore the stats.
    Now for some words of wisdom:
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.....hmmm wait just a minute.

Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
    - Britney Spears, Pop Singer

The Twilight Melody dragontamer's Avatar

JESUS!!! I startec this thread MONTHS ago!!! this is true life and happened yesterday!

I logged onto my stepbrothers pc (we dont live together, which is why he's had the internet for years and i only got it last week), my bro, Harry, is trying to get into FF and KH, so i showed him around the wonderous EIES ON FWNAL FANTASDY! sorry, EYES ON FINAL FANTASY!!! :sing:
    Ahem. anyway, i showed him the basics, how to navigate the website, how to post, and everything else, and whilst surfing the forums, i noticed a title that struck a chord with muy humor; BOOK OF DUFUS. i laughed, as thoes kind of titles do (how sad, eh) i pointed it out to harry and toldhim how to find out who posted in the thread last, at what time, ect.
    And then i showed him how to find out who started the thread.
    'WHEN THE BLDY FUDGE DID I START THIS?!'

Well, i am glad that it hasnt been forgoten, keep it up guys!
    Please visit my DeviantART page! If you have an account, please leave comments on my work to help me improve my drawing! Thanks!