Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default So

This is not a thread for posting spoilers plzkthx

Who's had the new Harry Potter book spoilt for them then? A friend (well, I say friend) thought it would be a hilarious idea to put "X KILLS Y" as his MSN name. I've no idea whether it's true or not, but it's still rather annoying. Since it seems there's an abundance of people out there who think it's jolly hilarious to spoil it for people, I think it's become increasingly difficult to avoid it. There's some obvious measures to take though that spring to mind, but all it takes is one person being an idiot, really.

If you've managed to avoid it being spoilt for you, have you taken any special measures in order to preserve your ignorance?
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

I don't mind spoilers that much since I still enjoy the story even if I know the ending. I like to tease my friends and make up fake spoilers for things (like I told them Morpheus dies in the second Matrix). Though I wouldn't do that to some random person.

However, this video got me so hard that all I could do is laugh. (you've been warned)

YouTube - AMAZING leeroy jenkins remix MUST SEE!!
    What I've been listening to:

i haven't had it spoiled ... but i don't care i don't read this e
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post

Who's had the new Harry Potter book spoilt for them then? A friend (well, I say friend) thought it would be a hilarious idea to put "X KILLS Y" as his MSN name. I've no idea whether it's true or not, but it's still rather annoying. Since it seems there's an abundance of people out there who think it's jolly hilarious to spoil it for people, I think it's become increasingly difficult to avoid it. There's some obvious measures to take though that spring to mind, but all it takes is one person being an idiot, really.

If you've managed to avoid it being spoilt for you, have you taken any special measures in order to preserve your ignorance?
    It's Psy isn't it?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

If it is me you're referring to, I assure you it's a joke. I have no idea whether it is true or not, I just threw together a couple of random characters.

I've been hit in the face by plenty of true spoiler bombs (with scanned pages provided as proof! hurray) and thus that's my way of parodying twats who do spoil.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    If it is me you're referring to, I assure you it's a joke. I have no idea whether it is true or not, I just threw together a couple of random characters.

I've been hit in the face by plenty of true spoiler bombs (with scanned pages provided as proof! hurray) and thus that's my way of parodying twats who do spoil.
    Oh, okay then. I've been scared to talk to you ever since you put that in your name because I thought you'd give it away.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

If anyone was going to be spoiling anything for anyone else, then the swine who spoils is likely to be Psychotic. I speak from personal experience here, folks.

Avoid him at all costs.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Jon Stewart had a pretty good quote on the subject. "What drives people to feel the need to do this? It seems like mean-spirited dickery."

I'm not really even a fan of Harry Potter and this is getting on my nerves. I've had to drop so many LJ communities since this started, only because people INSIST on posting their spoilers as HUGELY as possible. The scanned pictures have made it even worse. My poor friends list was being raped!

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Germ Hamee View Post
    I'm not really even a fan of Harry Potter and this is getting on my nerves. I've had to drop so many LJ communities since this started, only because people INSIST on posting their spoilers as HUGELY as possible. The scanned pictures have made it even worse. My poor friends list was being raped!
    Doing that here will result in a ban.
    (not accusing you; just saying it here so it can be considered established in case someone does it and gets all "but you never said anything!!!!" when we ban 'em!)

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post

It's Psy isn't it?
    Oh no, I'm not quite that silly! I got quite a laugh out of Psy's actually.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Alas, earwax.

How not to have something spoiled: Cancel your internet subscription. It's the only way.

It's like, there was this woman who was out gathering firewood, and she found a snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. Then, one day, the snake jumped up and bit her. The woman asked "Why have you done this to me?" The snake replies "Look bitch, you knew I was a snake." (lol NBK)

The internet is the snake. You, the user, are the woman. The snake will bite you repeatedly, be it in spoilers, shock sites like (GOAT) or (TUB) or whatever. You'll never be able to avoid it. I know this and I accept it: I was a bit miffed when I learned of the relevance between Wolzard and the Ozu family.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 07-21-2007 at 02:55 PM.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was told some spoilers about certain characters dying, which I shrugged off, but they have turned out to be all true so far and I'm very upset.

I was very, very careful. Very careful.

I wore noise-drowning headphones to the midnight party, just in case, though I turned out not to need them, and very happily turned every page without knowing what would happen.

Harry dies.

No he doesn't.

Which is true? Which isn't? OH IT'S A MYSTERY!