Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Default SEETHE!!!

OH MY GOD~~~!!!!!

Of all the times I've played through this game, I've never gotten the Celestial Weapons without cheating on the minigames to get the Sigils, like the Thunder Plains Dodge, or the Chocobo Race. I decided to get them without cheating, and while I'm at it, get Rikku's as well. So I get the Mercury Crest no problem, and I do the Cactuar thing with ease, but when I loaded up my savefile just now, THERE'S NO SIGIL!!! NONE!!!

I thought then, that maybe I had somehow, idiotically forgot to get the thing I was actually after and just left, or maybe I forgot to save, but when I went to the sandstorm area, I could find only two chests, and they've both been open.

I keep checking my Key Items to see if maybe I'd somehow missed it, but it isn't there!!!! What do I do????

I'm after the Gillionaire ability, and the only other way I can get that is by using 30 designer wallets. The only way I can get the Designer Wallets is by doing the monster arena (I dun wanna) or bribing Defender Z's, which go at over 800,000 for five of them....when really I want Gillionaire for Bribe anyway o_o

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    I decided to get them without cheating
    There's a difference between pragmatism and using the options available to you, and cheating, which is the exploit of unintended blunders or third-party devices.

Nevertheless, I've already made up my mind. You don't deserve the Gillionaire. Try making sure you caught all of the Cactaur, and maybe that you messed up your save. It happens. Deal. It's very inunlikely that the game is just "missing" the Sigil, but if it is, then that means the DVD is scrathed, and if it scratched, it is likely to be your fault anyways.

Alternatively, you could farm the Omega Ruins for drops, and sell them all. Or fight in the Arena anyways, and sell off the items and equipment. The uber AP Set weapons fetch something akin to 100k. If you haven't, then finish off the Monster Arena Capture quests; doing one run of those makes your surprisingly rich and AP level worthy.

The only thing or person you should be angry with is yourself. Even better an option, have someone else look through the inventory for you. A fresh pair of eyes might be able to notice what you glossed over.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I believe we've found a bug here... my friend is playing through my copy of FFX, and had the same problem - Rikku's sigil disappeared from the inventory after being acquired. The game disc is in perfect working order, no scratches or dirt - and it's the same problem that Jessweeee♪ has described.
    It didn't happen to me, but then again I've only done the Celestial Weapon side-quests once. It seems entirely likely that the disappearing Mercury Sigil is a randomly recurring glitch.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Oh...my...god....this is so embarrassing...like, right after I posted this thread, I decided to try and power up the Godhand anyway to see if maybe it was there even though it wasn't showing up and it worked. I checked my inventory and realized that I had two pages of items, and that I misread Mars for Mercury....it was just fine

Well...I guess we can close this now XD

Hoe do you cheat on getting Lulu sisgil and other sigils?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Well, the item cheat totally backfired XD
    I just used a cheat on the Thunder Plains, the Chocobo Race (God I hate those birds...it's the only game EVER to make me lose my temper), and the Monster Arena :P
    I use a program like Action Replay

I'm not proud of it T~T
    ...this time I'm getting them without cheating or doing without them like I usually do :P

you need to buy a disc for the cheat?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Yep :P

I, JESSWEEEE(too lazy to copy and paste my own note) AM AN OWNER OF ACTION REPLAY SOFTWARE!