Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega Weapon is a pansy

Default Omega Weapon is a pansy

Omega Weapon is too easy. All you need to defeat him is high speed, limit breaks, and defend. I wish this game was more challenging, it's hard to feel ultra cool beating the game when you know that unless something goes terribly, terribly wrong, there's no way you will lose.

Angel Wing just defeated Omega Weapon before he even got the chance to use Terra Break.

I remember when I beat Omega Weapon when I was 12 using only Invincible Moon, Lionheart, and incredibly lucky Angelo Reverse and the Phoenix summon. That was cool (My characters were scrubs).

Anyways, what battles were actually challenging for you guys? Assuming you didn't pimp out your characters.

Blog Entries

Default This was way back in the day

Well it seemed that those Red Dragons would always use some kind of breath attack the moment I started fighting them. It hit for like 9999 damage for all my characters. Now and days I don't have a problem with this much as breath bearly hurts or heals.

Also getting to Omega was a bit of a challenge. I remember when I first for the ragnorak I seen the island and I was like whoa just like the KOTR island in FF7. finds out you can get the most powerful summon there too.

Now as for most FF's Marlboro can completely destroy you. Bad breath is the nastiest thing square enix could think of. the funny thing about it is in most rpg's after I learn it as an enemy skill I rarely use it even though it is a very deadly attack.

I think though after a good long time playing a ff, no enemy is that powerful and can be easily destroyed by lion heart or other great attacks. Griever...
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Yes, Ruby Dragons, Marlboros, and Diablos if you're not ready. This game is PAINFULLY easy. Yay Junctioning.

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

I'm pretty sure most games are easy as you play them multiple times. I don't see how being too easy as you keep playing the game be a problem. If it really is a problem that is. If not, then what do you expect? The game to grow immunity to you kicking it's ass? That would be cool...
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Every boss in the game is easy if you are prepared (and the same strategy applies to most of them).

Marlboro! Yes! How could I forget. Okay, Marlboros were pretty hard too. The first time I fought them I shat myself trying to escape before bad breath. Now a simple confuse, berserk, sleep junction to status defense and escape/esuna is easy. I forgot about it a lot though, only other time I've restarted so much was after playing triple triad.

Ruby Dragon was also hard to deal with when I tried getting Bahamut at middle levels. I agree that his breath attack was pretty rad... until level 100 and great junctions.

...damn it everything in the game becomes easy with good junctions. Now I'm not sure if the junction system is all that great.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Omega Weapon is as easy or hard as you make him, you do know that his stats reflect yours i.e. if you have really high stats so will he.

Try beating him without useing any form of invincibility and he does become harder.... what boss isnt easy when your invincible hmm?

Blog Entries

Default somthing about level 100 that sucks

L5 death + level 100 = game over

Once you get like 100% immunity to most status attacks and like 200% immunity to elementals you should have Ultima and Omega beaten. If your like me and try to fight them the moment you can. He can be somewhat hard.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserDragon View Post
    Omega Weapon is as easy or hard as you make him, you do know that his stats reflect yours i.e. if you have really high stats so will he.

Try beating him without useing any form of invincibility and he does become harder.... what boss isnt easy when your invincible hmm?
    Well I didn't use invincibility to defeat him. The first time, as a child who barely understood english, yes I did, I relied on the unreliable invincible moon. This time around, I just used defend. Actually I never got to use it since he died before terra break.

It is pretty fun though fighting him with limitations, like no limit breaks, or just certain (crappy) characters. I usually stop halfway through or die because I'm careless, but it is nevertheless challenging and fun.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserDragon

Actually, at least this is true on the PlayStation version, Omega Weapon is always at level 100 regardless of the party's level.

And personally I think he's still easy even without invincibility items.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

I said his stats, like HP ect, if you go in with all low level characters with crap stats you can kill him with one Lionheart... at least thats what iv been told lol.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I found this entire game really pathetic in difficulty. The beginning of the game suffers from the fact that a few good junctions make your party uber. I started tooling around, saw that tents turn into Curaga, bought myself a whole lot of tents and BANG, my main three characters had so much HP I could leave, go to the bathroom, come back, and still win.

By the end it suffered from everyone being able to just be uber. 9,999HP for everyone? Thank you very much! Hundred thousand damage each attack? Sure!

No boss can stand up to that xD

Peach + Bubbles = ♥♥♥ *Omega Peach*'s Avatar

I agree, but my sister and I have never beaten him. :rolleyes2 One of the best video game bosses ever! each:
    Last edited by *Omega Peach*; 05-17-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Ultima was a pushover...Omega I haven't managed to defeat yet S:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    Actually, at least this is true on the PlayStation version, Omega Weapon is always at level 100 regardless of the party's level.
    I challenge that assumption. The last time I played FFVIII (the PSX version) Omega Weapon DID NOT have over 1,000,000HP like he does at LV100. I think that's the first time I've ever been disappointed about a fight that I was so certain it was going to be a challenge.

[edit] apologies...just found the proof I needed...I guess I probably switched to the PC version when I decided to scrap the AA of emulation to run the PC version with software rendering for the FMV's.

YouTube - Proof Omega Weapon in Final Fantasy VIII is Always Level 100
    Last edited by Cyric; 11-24-2008 at 07:04 PM.
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII