Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Premiership Fantasy Football League 07/08

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Sugerkids top of the table? I like how this is panning out.

You take care now Captain.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Aaaargh.

Schmeichel, Kanu and Essien all not playing today is bugging me. That means I have Hahnemann (already conceded, playing Pompy), A Ferdinand (West Ham - also already conceded against Arsenal) and Wallace. I don't mind Wallace so much as I rate the lad but not happy with the other ends.

EDIT: Hahnemanna;ishdfg[oihaspogiasrgp I hate Sven so hard right now, he's intentionally screwing with my Fantasy team I swear. On the upside, *goes to post in other thread*
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Must. Reclaim. First.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I just made a huge jump this week and my whole defence is part of the dream team.

Just take a look.
    AND I still have my wild card.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I think my refusal to put Arsenal players in my team is going to dampen my campaign somewhat, but I'm sticking to my beliefs, damnit

Not only did Spurs not do their job and lose last night, but their insistence on playing Michael Dawson instead of a less competent defender means I don't get 10 points from Stephen Hunt this week.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Good thing about my team is that whenever manchester united get a clean sheet I get a lot of points.

Well, after a cruddy last round I don't know how on earth I've managed to stay in 5th. It's been time for some drastic changes so I've played my wildcard. I've swapped my reserve keeper for a cheap keeper still getting regular games (Kirkland) and dropped the expensive, yet pretty ineffectual Jenas for Hamann. Now I've got some cash in reserve to replace the injured Zamora next week with a half-way decent striker. Van Persie, maybe?

Aw crap. NOW they tell me that Van Der Sar's injury will keep him out for next week. Now my reserve keeper is up against Man United next week.

Finnan maybe the next to go if he spends any more time on the bench.

Latest team (3-5-2):

GK - Van Der Sar (Man Utd) - will probably get auto-replaced
    Def - Finnan (Liverpool)
    Def - Arbeloa (Liverpool)
    Def - Ferdinand (Man Utd)
    MF - Hamann (Man City)
    MF - N'Zogbia (Newcastle)
    MF - Essien (Chelsea)
    MF - Fabregas (C) (Arsenal)
    MF - Johnson (Man City)
    Str - Viduka (Newcastle)
    Str - Torres (Liverpool)

Bench:
    GK - Kirkland (Wigan)
    Def - Taylor (Newcastle)
    Def - Neill (West Ham)
    Str - Zamora (West Ham) - injured

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

If I were you, I'd sell Kirkland quick. Screw the penalty - you'll be penalised just as bad against United at Old Trafford. In our last five games against Wigan, we've scored 16 goals... and have never lost to 'em. But yeah, these things happen. Don't know why you bothered with Kirkland really. He's cheap for a reason. Better off with Taylor this weekend, and possibly coming weekends too. But more to the point, the extra 0.5-0.6 for the likes of Schmeichel, Green or Hahnemann would be well worth your money. Personally, I have Schmeichel and Hahnemann as a preference to the big four keepers. They make more saves because the defence isn't as good, but they still keep a lot of clean sheets. Much more likely to get bonus points, too. Kirkland's only clean sheets were at home against Sunderland and Middlesbrough, and that's no amazing feat.

Spending points to get points pays off, believe me.

EDIT: You'd really be better off spending points on the defenders in front of VDS, it should be noted. If you're going to have United players in your squad, go for Rio or Vidic - they'll get goals, bonus points and clean sheets.

Heh, well I originally though the Wild Card was one extra transfer - not unlimited transfers for the round! Luckily a realised this before the transfer window closed... My new team:

GK: Schmeichel (Man City)
    Def: Arbeloa (Liverpool)
    Def: Evra (Man Utd)
    Def: Toure (Arsenal)
    Def: Ferdinand (Man Utd)
    MF: Johnson (Man City)
    MF: Fabregas (Arsenal)
    MF: Pennant (Liverpool)
    MF: Hamann (Man City)
    Str: Torres (Liverpool)
    Str: Abebayor (Arsenal)

Bench:
    GK: "Calamity" James (Portsmouth)
    Def: Neill (West Ham)
    MF: N'Zogbia (Newcastle)
    Str: Viduka (Newcastle)

You could say I'm backing a certain four teams to do well...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Skogs View Post
    Heh, well I originally though the Wild Card was one extra transfer - not unlimited transfers for the round!

I can't believe I didn't know that and take advantage of it. aoirshg[oasihgao;iehga

Banned
    Blog Entries

A man united clean sheet did me well but vidic only played 20 minutes. :/

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

City screw up another City clean sheet and I'm putting the blame once again firmly on Sven not playing Schmeichel. Is he injured or something? They got loads of clean sheets against even United when playing him, they stop getting clean sheets when they stop playing him. Take the hint, Sven, or bugger off. >=( Richards again being too expensive for his own good, with a yellow to boot... on the other hand, Schmeichel not playing means I got Hahnemann's clean sheet added to my points for today.

Still, making enough points out of this weekend to warrant my spending and allow for me to spend more points for more changes for next weekend. Enjoying this! I don't care to get top points, I just like getting a really nice looking team.

Dropping Essien, Scholes and Kanu for the next round. Bringing in N'Zogbia, Elano and Tevez. Difficult decision really, given Essien and Kanu are likely to be back in the fray after the internationals... but you never know these days and I need more goal-points from my midfield and I think those guys will get them. Likewise Tevez is only getting better for United and is starting to nab bonus points too, which can only help.

Ronaldo, Wallace, Fabregas, Anelka, Abedayor, Bouma, the Ferdinands, Richards and Kelly hold onto their spots... for now. Looking at the West Ham and City defenders as possibly getting replaced unless things change.

EDIT: I figure after subs (Schmeichel/Essien/Kanu for Hahnemann/Wallace/Kelly) I'll get at least 54 points for this weekend. Awesome. My decent bench payin' off!

Gargh, bloody Andy Johnson does nothing in my team for eight weeks, then scores the moment I transfer him out. You just made my list, man. I'd be mad at Robin Van Persie for scoring three in two games the moment I switch my captaincy to Cesc, but I can't stay upset at him because he is a bit of a hero.

I wouldn't blame Sven for City conceding these past couple of games. Although the stats are pretty impressive, Schmeichel looked pretty shaky at times early on in the season, and much of that record was actually down to the superb defence in front of him. Still, I can sympathise with fantasy football frustration, even if it's not about the same player.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I did well this week I'm hoping I'm in the top 5 when the group table updates.