Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Entering college

Quote Originally Posted by *~Dagger Trepe~* View Post
    I'm gonna be a freshman.
    It is NOT okay to be a freshman! *paddles Dagger*

Me? Been there, done that, ancient history...

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Hot pockets are so key.

I would go out tonite... SY_Hepcat's Avatar

Planning to go to Cardiff Uni to do Chemistry. More nervious about my a-level results than actually going

I is will be a sophomore at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA. I've been wanting to go back since the day I left. (I is a computer engineering major. what fun!)

I will be a sophomore/junior (second year of college, but I have junior standing) at Baylor University in Waco, Texas. I'm not studying anything particularly important.

But I want to go back, because at least at school I have something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pureghetto View Post
    Don't forget to have fun or you'll end up like my brother!
    What? Successful?

I finished college in 2006, doing audio engineering. But now I'm going back to University to study either Fine Arts or Interactive Entertainment (meaning animation for games and film).

I've been doing absolutely nothing but a few random jobs here and there for the last 2 years, so sick of it. I just want to study and get on with my life.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jojee View Post
    Any way you put it, school > full time work, I think. D:
    You couldn't be more wrong. Getting out into the working world was so much better and more productive. You learn so much more once you get out of those restrictive university doors.

Articles

Sophomore at the University of Kentucky. I'm ready to go back now. Summer's been fun back home, but as KB said at school I'll have something to do.

I'm entering my final semester at Florida Gulf Coast University. I hate it. I could get into all the reasons, but it would take way too much time.

Anyway, if I had chosen more wisely, I'd probably have a great time. I hope you enjoy your college experience. Just don't act like an ass like so many freshmen do.

Exiled Idiot of Doom? Blackmage's Avatar
    I was at Middle Tennessee State University for two years under the computer science program. If I was still in college, I'd be on my last year now.

I'm kinda glad I'm not in college, but at the same time, I really wish I was. It's very mixed feelings for me. So many people go to college mainly to be able to get a job with a bigger paycheck; I, for one, am not a fan of that ideology. You gotta go to college for what you love. I thought that programming was going to be awesome and glorious and everything I wanted to do. I was wrong. And, now, I have no idea what to do; I was so sure-fire gung-ho about computer science I hadn't thought of other possibilities. Between that and losing my scholarship to video games, I'm not in college and I probably won't be going back any time soon.

So, the moral of the story? Make absolutely sure you know what you're doing with yourself before going into college.
    Kuja Highwind/Blackmage: Some guy that used to be active back around 2001... He almost made his way through Proto's Custom Title Tournament way back in the day...but almost only counts in horseshoes and grenades. Oh well.

I'm going to Evangel University this fall, which is in Springfield, Missouri. I'm planning on majoring in English Education, which should be fun. I'd say I'm pretty psyched about it, what with me having inside knowledge about the school and the best teachers and such. Also, it doesn't hurt that Facebook has been enormously helpful in finding other incoming freshmen and hooking up with them.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Going into my junior year at McGill University (BA- major: World Religions; minor: East Asian Cultural Studies). I am so excited to start my courses!

I remember my first year, I was so excited and nervous. I thought there was going to be a big change from high school, there wasn't really. Just a whole bunch of drunken, somewhat obnoxious teenagers during Frosh Week (the fact that the drinking age here is 18 did not help). Overall, I'd say so far it has been a good time, better when you make a few friends. It was only last year I started to have close friends, since before then were just a few acquaintances. But yeah, you make so pretty good friends while learning interesting things (most of the time stuff is interesting). So basically my advice is make friends, though do not forget your old ones. As far as academics go, BSing works to your advantage during tests if you know half of what you are talking about. Also, try to pick a variety of courses your first year. A lot of places that have 4 year programmes allow you to take a variety of courses your first year, take advantage of it. You might think you are interested in something but find out it is not exactly your thing.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I could've been going the the University of East Anglia (Norwich) to study either English Lit with Creative Writing or English Lit and History, but decided I wasn't happy with those options. As a result, I'm unemployed for a year! Going to go through UCAS again in September though now that I have my results. Hoping to get into somewhere like York or Warwick.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

I'm starting in September at The University of Wisconsin - Waukesha campus, then gonna transfer to UW's school in Milwaulkee~ (Lolz Jowy went there, it's a slow take over)

But the only thing I'm freaked out in, is that my placement tests put me in second year english because I apparently missed only one, if not any, so like that class is like throwing me in a pit of fire. My advisor lady said that since I did so well on my placement tests I shouldn't bring myself down a level on english, so hey if she thinks I can pass it, here's hoping~

Other than that I have fighting goals~ My majors prolly going to shift alot, but I'm going to be doing my best to get into a medical school, although I look at it this way, if I decide that medical school isn't what I want to do in a few years (BA's are highly recommended and such) then atleast I'll have a damn high GPA that could really open up alot of opportunities for when I continue my schooling past my BA in what ever my major is. I've got 4 years, hopefully my wandering mind can decide what it wants.