Thread: Has Lost Odyssey been delayed to January(not October)?!

Default Has Lost Odyssey been delayed to January(not October)?!

I am not sure of the release date of Lost Odyssey for Xbox 360. It's Mistwalker's second rpg after Blue Dragon(Xbox 360 August 28th).

Earlier in the year Rpgamer.com announced it would come in December. Then during the spring it was announced to come out in October instead. Recently I have been seeing three release dates. Sometimes I read that it's due out sometime in October. Sometimes I read that it's due out sometime in the end of this year. Sometimes I read that it's due out in January of 2008!

I found this January information troubling, since I read that release date on ign.com and gamespy.com!

The positive if it's delayed until January is that it gives me more time to beat Blue Dragon, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. The negative is that Lost Odyssey could possibly be more important than those other three games for me. I rank all four of those around the same importance for me, but I think probably FF XII: RW is most important and tLoZ:PH is least important with BD and LO about the same importance. Lost Odyssey by itself is more important to me than Blue Dragon but I also have to consider that Blue Dragon is Mistwalker's first rpg and could be the start of a long series of popular Blue Dragon games.

Lost Odyssey's official release date has not been announced although release dates have been announced for every other major rpg this fall(except for Mass Effect, which was confirmed for November recently though). This lack of a release date news article may mean that yes it will be delayed.

What are your thoughts on this and how important is Lost Odyssey to you?
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

I don't think Microsoft/Mistwalker have confirmed the release date of Lost Odyssey. They will most likely wait until *after* the release of Blue Dragon to make a firm announcement, so as to not detract from that game.

As for personal importance, it's not that high for me. I'll definitely get it as soon as it comes out, but Mass Effect is the top RPG of the year. Phantom Hourglass is less important to me (because I'm already playing it :P), there's a Blue Dragon demo out that's sating my cool desire for that game, and I haven't even finished FF12 yet so I'm not exactly salivating over Revenant Wings (though I've played that too :P).

I'll definitely be getting all of those games--particularly Revenant Wings due to that weird orange writing under my name--but honestly they all pale before Mass Effect on the 360 to me.

Right now, Persona 3 is at the top of my 'RPG GET' list, because it's awesome and comes out soon.

Which is the most anticipated rpg this fall season? Mass Effect or Bioshock? I think this is the order...

1. Mass Effect
    2. Bioshock
    3. Blue Dragon
    4. Lost Odyssey
    5. Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
    6. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Other potential highly anticipated games(no order)...
    Two Worlds, The Elder Scrolls IV: Game of the Year edition, Eternal Sonata, FF XI: Wings of the Goddess, and some more...

By the way, is anybody interested in "The Witcher"(PC Sep 24th) and "Folklore"(PS 3 Oct 1st)?
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

I'm bumping this. It was announced months ago for October. The articles I've read in recent weeks either say it'll come out in October, late 2007, or I see a January release date on some websites!

If it comes out in October it'll probably be the 16th or 30th. 16th it'll be up against FF XI expansion pack, Grand Theft Auto IV is gonna be delayed. On the 30th it'll be up against Guitar Hero III, there are some random rpg's coming out. I don't think it'll come out on the 1st because Zelda comes out then, even though the audience is a little different it's two huge games coming out on the same day. Oct 9th and 23rd are rest weekends, I don't think it'll be out then.

I want this game!!! I'm researching it.

By the way, can I play the Lost Odyssey demo(released in Japanese Famitsu magazine) on my Xbox 360 I bought in Usa? I want a demo! Is one available?
    *Last Update 7-25-2008