Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obsessed Much?

At first I liked it, but then it started to remind of Dragon Ball Z in the way of the story arcs lasting way too long and dragging on way too much. And I remember Dragon Ball Z making be bored back in middle school. Really the only anime I watch nowadays is Bleach and thats all I need ;)

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mythra View Post
    At first I liked it, but then it started to remind of Dragon Ball Z in the way of the story arcs lasting way too long and dragging on way too much. And I remember Dragon Ball Z making be bored back in middle school. Really the only anime I watch nowadays is Bleach and thats all I need
    The reason Naruto is similar to DBZ is because the creator of Naruto got most of his insparation from DB and DBZ.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    If you can say anything besides "it's cool." "the animation is nice." or "it's cool when they fight & powers & stuff like that."
    Then post. Otherwise, you're wasting my time and you should think about the question I asked.
    As a Shonen/Young Boys show, Naruto is mostly aiming for those kinds feelings. It's simple enough for folks to understand and be entertained by. Those who are more inclined to Higher Thinking will most likely not enjoy such shows, particularly if they cannot turn off their 'higher thinking'.

The OP, Proxy, is obviously one of those 'Higher Thinkers'. I didn't draw this conclusion due to his distaste for Naruto, but I recall not too long ago that his signature was the character 'Iggy' from the anime Ergo Proxy. Despite the similarity in name, he's probably watched it--and Ergo Proxy is definitely not 'simple entertainment'.

Trust me, if these obsessive Nartuto fans got a taste of any of the great, more mature shows, they'd ease off of their Naruto-ism.
    This is true, I love my Naruto but I would never put it on the same level as Cowboy Bebop, Voices of a Distant Star, Last Exile or my beloved Night on the Galactic Railroad. But you'd be surprised how many rabid fanboy/girls of the series have actually seen some of the "higher thinking" anime and love it just as religiously. Inu-Yasha fans are similiar which is why I like the anime fan culture. It's easy to pigeon hole people but 9 out of 10 times the person will surprise you I find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythra View Post
    At first I liked it, but then it started to remind of Dragon Ball Z in the way of the story arcs lasting way too long and dragging on way too much. And I remember Dragon Ball Z making be bored back in middle school. Really the only anime I watch nowadays is Bleach and thats all I need
    Bleach is way more like DBZ than Naruto is. Wait till you get to some of the later stuff you'll see what I mean...

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm sure I'd like it more if I watched a subbed version of it in Japanese. The dubbed version on Toonami makes me wanna tear my hair out. I HATE the voiceovers. It's so smurfing annoying.

However, the battle scenes (whenever I watch the show, I turn on closed captioning and turn the volume off) are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post
    However, the battle scenes (whenever I watch the show, I turn on closed captioning and turn the volume off) are pretty good.
    Thanks for the idea Poe, I had to choose between Naruto with voiceovers and Mind of Mencia just now.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Naruto's voice is a earache on the dubbed version. That's true.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Sometimes when I'm walking around on campus I will occasionally see as many as three or four overweight nineteen to twenty-four year-olds unapologetically wearing a Naruto headband as part of their public school attire, with a complete seriousness about them.

I've never seen an episode of Naruto, but I am very grateful that the show exists for these experiences alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    Sometimes when I'm walking around on campus I will occasionally see as many as three or four overweight nineteen to twenty-four year-olds unapologetically wearing a Naruto headband as part of their public school attire, with a complete seriousness about them.

I've never seen an episode of Naruto, but I am very grateful that the show exists for these experiences alone.
    Yeah, it's even funnier if you mess with them by saying something like "Nice One Piece Headbands!" or the classic "Sasuke is a fag!" Both piss them off so much.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post

Yeah, it's even funnier if you mess with them by saying something like "Nice One Piece Headbands!" or the classic "Sasuke is a fag!" Both piss them off so much.
    Roflmao...ok not really but thats hella funny! I think its really funny when you see people who actually dress like the characters. Cosplay is so funny! Point and laugh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ace14 View Post

Roflmao...ok not really but thats hella funny! I think its really funny when you see people who actually dress like the characters. Cosplay is so funny! Point and laugh!!
    errr anthony according to you you did buy a headband and you wore it in Pub-lik

True I bought a headband and I wore it in public but its not like I'm showing off hand signs and showing that I'm a huge loser for naming jutsu and doing the hand signs for them. I just wear it to show I like the show.

True I bought a headband and I wore it in public but its not like I'm showing off hand signs and showing that I'm a huge loser for naming jutsu and doing the hand signs for them. I just wear it to show I like the show.
    Cough cough isabella

Quote Originally Posted by Arc_Master_14 View Post
    Cough cough isabella
    Lmao she is really REALLY obsessed, I am not like her.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It's funnier if you tell them to do some crazy jutsu on you, 'cause 90% of the time, they will do the hand movements and chanting for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post

It's funnier if you tell them to do some crazy jutsu on you, 'cause 90% of the time, they will do the hand movements and chanting for them.
    Awww Geeks...
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.