Thread: FF6 : Sprites and Portraits :)

Chocobo FF6 : Sprites and Portraits :)

the script is very funny and the sprites are exceedingly cute and very expressive

but would you remake FF6's art? Make the whole thing a living, breathing video game-motion picture of Yoaka Amano art? Not a "CG-remake" like Advent Children, but for FF6 something like digital watercolor?

well, if you wouldn't whose sprite or portrait do you love? I've always liked Edgar's and Celes'

I approve of this thread!

Now, I have some mixed feelings about it. I personally think that FFVI would make a really -great- animated series, mostly due to the fact that there's alot of things that can go on that like you nearly have to go out of your way to see, and then a few added on things that explained some thing better AKA I want them to go "Shadow, You are the father!". xD

CGI is out though, never never never. And I don't really think Amano-styled animation would do well with it. I could see it being extremely clean cut, and due to the vast range of emotions the story shows, clean cut animation would be the best.

The game is very flowy, much like Amano's art, but for some reason I can't see it flowing with amano's art. xD

Yes. I think Relm should be given a breast reduction.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Please, you can't tell me you've seen the FFIV DS CG trailer and NOT say an Amano style CG art would work for FFVI. Hell I actually got goosebumps from seeing the CG opening and Ending in Anthology. I say stick with what SQ knows best and be damn sure to stick with Amano's designs cause he is an artistic god.

I like Terra and Setzer's portraits as well as their sprites.

Blog Entries

Setzer has some really cool poses but they all look good
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Moomba

thank you!

I just thought it would be really nice if the whole game was a flowy piece of the style the portraits were drawn in Very watercolor, almost like Saga Frontier (the cover)

haha FF6's opening is the best, especially when the little gong-like sound comes with the Squaresoft logo at the start, and how the title comes in at just the right music and the light as Terra and the Magitek suits are riding out of the lab

and Terra's theme in the snowfield (credits) at the start is gorgeous imagine it all flowy...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I like Terra and Setzer's portraits as well as their sprites.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Hell I actually got goosebumps from seeing the CG opening and Ending in Anthology.
    Yeah, there's a FMV video on there called "For the lovers" and it is beautiful. (despite a typo on the text!)

I like Edgar and Sabin's profile portraits.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I used to really hate cell-shaded games but DBZ (i forget which one but it looked real good) and DragonQuest VIII gave me hope for the artform, and I think it would be great for this game especially. The whole reason Amano received a diminished role in the series is because translating his art into 3d was considered to not work, but with today's technology, or with cell-shaded ala DQVIII, I think it would be beautiful and i would definately buy it in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Orichalcon View Post
    the script is very funny and the sprites are exceedingly cute and very expressive

but would you remake FF6's art? Make the whole thing a living, breathing video game-motion picture of Yoaka Amano art? Not a "CG-remake" like Advent Children, but for FF6 something like digital watercolor?

well, if you wouldn't whose sprite or portrait do you love? I've always liked Edgar's and Celes'
    I like how Amano's name gets censored for being taken in the same context as the word I'd use to describe his concept art.

But there's just no way I'd ever let these sprites look any different. See my avatar? It's an FF6 edit, made to look somewhat like myself to show my belief that FF6 has got the best sprites ever made and is the only game in history that I like purely for its graphics, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

The Anthologies FMVs were amazing.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Orichalcon View Post
    thank you!

I just thought it would be really nice if the whole game was a flowy piece of the style the portraits were drawn in Very watercolor, almost like Saga Frontier (the cover)

haha FF6's opening is the best, especially when the little gong-like sound comes with the Squaresoft logo at the start, and how the title comes in at just the right music and the light as Terra and the Magitek suits are riding out of the lab

and Terra's theme in the snowfield (credits) at the start is gorgeous imagine it all flowy...
    I would love to see a 3D version of Amano's work. FFIVDS has my hopes up for the few cutscenes it may feature. But imagine a fully 3D Am,ano style FF? It would probably be etherail and dreamy like Okami

I forgot about that trailer Psychotic. Yes it was a really beatiful work of art.

I kind of wish Locke didn't look so coy in his game portrait.

hahaha. the big flirt

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    The Anthologies FMVs were amazing.
    You can't say that the meteor in the opening FMV for FFV was good looking.

Anyway, I would leave it as is, but it would be refreshing to see something like FFIII DS for FFVI. FMV's would have to be Amano art though, to add some variation.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?