Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons Movie

It was better than the extremely unfunny past few seasons, but as alot of people are saying, it doesn't beat The Simpsons' Golden Age, that being within the first 10 seasons.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Pretty freaking funny. I was expecting crap until people started saying it was good. I was still skeptical, but I wasn't disappointed.

I just got back, that was definately better than anything I've seen since Hot Fuzz.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    It was better than the extremely unfunny past few seasons, but as alot of people are saying, it doesn't beat The Simpsons' Golden Age, that being within the first 10 seasons.
    The first few seasons were not even close to how good it got a bit later in the series, and still worse than the last few seasons. People just claim the old episodes are much better to seem oldschool or some. Just like with Southpark, the older episodes are much more childish. It took a few seasons for the writers to get what they should be doing.

Saw the movie today and it was quite good. The first half was really intense in terms of joke frequency. Then towards the end, it got a bit more slow paced to cram in the story elements mandatory to a full-length movie, but it was still more intense than other movies in the genre of comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by jrgen View Post
    The first few seasons were not even close to how good it got a bit later in the series, and still worse than the last few seasons. People just claim the old episodes are much better to seem oldschool or some. Just like with Southpark, the older episodes are much more childish. It took a few seasons for the writers to get what they should be doing.
    I agree that the first season wasn't stellar, but the second season was great, as was the third and so on. The second season had the classic Sir-Putts-A-Lot episode, along with the rare Radioactive Man comic episodes, both on my list of favorites. The third season had Flanders' opening of the Leftorium and Flaming Moe's. Most of the episodes inbetween were worthwhile too. Sure they had their hiccups, but so did later episodes (Homer discovering the Third Dimension in Season Seven? Come on now.) So I stick by the earlier seasons, barring the first I guess.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

spiderpig was meant to be the funniest thing in it. someone described it to me and it just seemed pathetic....but i think the simpsons suck anyway so i just posted in this thread to jip them :bigbiggri
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    spiderpig was meant to be the funniest thing in it. someone described it to me and it just seemed pathetic...
    That was no where near the funniest thing in the movie, not by a long shot.
    whos' obama?

Spiderpig being Harry Potter looked funny in the adverts.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

I liked it. I thought the beginning was better than the end, but pretty funny overall. They didn't show the teaser for The Dark Knight like they were supposed to, though!

Spiderpig, Spiderpig, does whatever a spider pig does,
    Can he spin a spider web?
    No he can't, he's a pig.

And no, that wasn't the funniest part.

I went in with pretty low expectations, so wasn't disappointed with what I saw. It's obvious that a lot of effort was put into the script, rather than just putting out a lazy feature length version of the TV show. It had a few laugh out loud moments, and even the stuff that looked unfunny in the trailer came across quite well. Considering the state of the show at the moment, this could have been much, much worse.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

i cant beleieve they didnt actually reveal the state the simpsons were in. i mean come on 400 episodes and a movie and still what sate is it???

pshh i know which one actually

i have a good feeling ill end up seeing it again i loved it.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    i cant beleieve they didnt actually reveal the state the simpsons were in. i mean come on 400 episodes and a movie and still what sate is it???
    It's Kentucky.
    whos' obama?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by jrgen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    That's a pile of crap. The first season isn't anything special, and you're right about them needing to find their feet. By the second season, they'd got the basics figured out and put out some good episodes, although still little truly special. But once they got to season 3, there was some magic there. Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk, Flaming Moe's, Homer's Triple Bypass, Marge in Chains, Bart Gets an Elephant, Homer at the Bat, And Maggie Makes Three... etc.

It's hard to point at any particular time when The Simpsons lost it. I don't agree with the "made in the '90s" thing - after all, episodes like A Hunka Hunka Burns In Love and HOMR come after 2000, but you could just see it as seasons went past; the big names became bigger deals, the storylines went from crazy to bizarre, and the snappy wit just dissipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    It's Kentucky.
    but kentucky isnt a 5 minute drive to the ocean?
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs