Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Simpsons Movie

oh wow i didnt realize peopel would acre much about the state i thought that was just me

anyways the claim that they live in kentucky was from the behind the laughter episode. it said they were a kentucky family but it also claimed they were just actors. it was all part of the joke.

in an episode you can homers dirver license clearly for the state it says NT. and theres soime other time where you can see these letters for the state but i forget at the moment. and according to the site that i found this info on, groening claimed that the state was a made up state called north tacoma. and it was amde up because it featured, high mountains, a short drive to the ocean, harsh winters and harsh summers as well. also within a days drive of PA and las vegas. obviously a state that breaks the rules of the country

idk maybe the confirmation by groening is a lie but you cant ignore the NT on the license. if i find a picture ill link it. or you can google it and see what comes up i guess?
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

It was funny, but not thatt funny. I wasn't laughing through the whole thing, though I thought it got funnier around the middle of the movie. I might have been expecting too much, though.
    wheee!

:hello: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HELLO KITTY SMILEY :hello:

It was entertaining, but I didn't laugh very much. It wasn't as funny as I expected it to be, but I'm not disappointed.

My favorite part was (SPOILER)when Homer was searching through his wallet and had a photo of his head cut and taped on Michael Jordan's body. That's not really a spoiler, but just in case..

Thanks XandrewX for the great signature!

wiki is a great place to learn things.

David Silverman, a director for the Simpsons, has claimed that Springfield is in the fictional state of "North Tacoma" (or "North Takoma"). This is substantiated by the state abbreviations NT and TA used within the show. However, this has never been officially confirmed in any canonical episode of The Simpsons or by other Simpsons producers. And on Homer's Driver License the state is NT and the zip code is 49007, which is a Kalamazoo, Michigan zip code
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

I liked the movie too.

If you're expecting 2hrs of fanservice, then you'd be right, but fortunately (and wisely, on Groening's part), it's not integral to the plot.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I thought there was a joke at some point when they're on the run and they look at four states that have no geographical closeness at all, which was supposed to poke fun at the whole 'which state is it?' debate. I know that people didn't laugh at that one when I was there, probably because they didn't know the geography. I mean, weren't Nevada and Maine included in that joke?

Shlup probably best sums up how I felt about the film in that I didn't have any real expectations either but I enjoyed it. It was good, but definitely not great. Having said that, I think I'd rather have simply watched 3 episodes from seasons 5-9 back-to-back.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

I thought the Simpsons Movie was better than the fifth Harry Potter film.
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

I liked the movie, and there were bits that were funny. I like how they greatly improved the digital animation.

To me, it just really didn't feel epic enough. There wasn't enough celebrities, wasn't enough story and it didn't really show any sort of development of character except for Homer (who is my favourite character). The bits that I found really funny, were already shown in the many commercials.

I dunno, I felt they could have done better, but I still really liked it. I would have been just as satisfied by watching 3 new episodes back-to-back.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    I went to see it with very low expectations, but I really liked it. You can tell they put a lot of effort into trying to please the fans, not just cranking out a movie for the sake of it.

It wasn't something I'd rant and rave about, but it gets my thumbs up.
    My thoughts exactly. It was funny. It wasn't a work of art, it wasn't amazing, but they did put effort into it, yes.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I'm not sure the point of (SPOILER)showing Bart's pen0r but I was too busy laughing to think. I will preface that I personally LOATHE simpsons ever since season 13 (I'm a fan of seasons 1-9 and think the show started to dip since) and I haven't watched simpsons in literally 4 years, if not more.

Regardless, I watched it with no expectations, and was happily entertained. This is sufficient for a good movie and a thumbs up from PG.

Spiderpig xD

PS: there's rumours of spiderpig making it to season 19. Whatever happened to the piggie anyway?

Spider Pig Spider Pig
    Does whatever a Spider Pig does
    Can he swing from a web? No he can't he's a pig.
    Look out. He is the Spider Pig!

Just watched it, and the ending was kind of cliche and expected, but I found it quite touching; father and son finally doing something together. Nice ending.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought it was great.

The scene where Homer is walking through the snow talking to himself was hilarious. I was seriously laughing so hard.

Also, trapuccino. Hahahahaha.

it was just a long simpson's episode. I laughed a bit, but i didn't expect anything spectacular. entertaingin, but not worth buying.