Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: the toughest boss

Quote Originally Posted by Xurts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Sephiroth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Sephiroth View Post
    I was Lv. 100 and HP 9999 of all characters, and still I needed to beat that Omega for 30 minutes...Even I had Hero and Holy War too...
    I couldn't help but lol at that.
    But I beat Omega already my friend...
    It's impossible not to with Holy Wars. Good job though.
    It is very possible without holy war/trial, hero/trial and invincible moon.
    I've tried it, it is easy

Rinoa have to be in 255 DEF (so she could survive the attacks and revive the others)
    Squall and Zell with 255 ATK
    Other STATS have to be above 130! (keep them as high as possible, using magic junction, devour (Eden's ability), or UP item such as Vit-up, Luck-Up, etc (get them from refine)

you may want magic, revive, recover, auto haste, auto protect, auto shell, etc on your ability.
    the party must have item and a bunch of megalixir!

Battle:
    First use meltdown/ doomtrain. Then, Cerberus, if you'd like.
    Just keep everybody's hp 9999 everytime, and
    use aura on Squall and Zell often.

....I meant it's impossible not to beat him with Holy Wars.

..... Well, Sorry. So, you mean it is possible to beat him without invincible drink? or... ah whatever. well, my point is just don't be afraid leveling up till 100 and win without that invincible drink and invincible moon.

I didn't think Ulti was the toughest FF final boss. Necron was, wait, and CoD.

The toughest boss in FFVIII would have to be...well...to be honest, none of them are "hard" for me anymore. I guess...Ultima Weapon. Yes, Omega was easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg View Post
    Zeromus was the hardest for me. Heck, the entire Lunar Sub-terrain was a a pain in the ass.
    Yeah, this one and the entire final area of FF3.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I didn't think Ulti was the toughest FF final boss. Necron was, wait, and CoD.

The toughest boss in FFVIII would have to be...well...to be honest, none of them are "hard" for me anymore. I guess...Ultima Weapon. Yes, Omega was easier.
    What??? Are you joking or soemthing....? Ultima Weapon is more than more than moooore easier than Omega...

Ultima is a noob compared to Omega. srsly.

Banned

No boss in FF8 can be considered hard when your characters have 1HP and Aura status. You can use Haste to make this strategy even more effective. I casted Aura and Haste on my party. As soon as Ultimecia used Hell's Judgement, I was able to pound her with constant Limit Breaks and finished her off before she was able to make her next attack. The same thing happened when Omega used Megido Flame. Ultima Weapon is extremely fast and cheap, but can be killed with one Lion Heart.

Hardest is Zeromus in FFIV (PS1) because he deals more damage with Big Bang than Rosa can heal with Cure4. Halfway through the battle, everybody except Cecil was KO'd and if I revived them, they'd just be easily KO'd again. So it was just Cecil, using Fight and an Elixer whenever his HP got below 2000. I ran out of Elixers before I finally beat him. It was almost a Solo Cecil challenge.

Next would be The Undying, I fought him with Lvl 45 characters on Active. (I think I was a little underleveled though) Almost all of his attacks could KO my characters in 2 hits, and he was really fast.

NeoXdeath was also quite hard, since he had multiple parts you had to defeat. In most boss fights, you had the advantage of many characters vs. 1 foe. Not here though.

Necron is hard, but not as hard as people think. Grand Cross doesn't actually do damage; it places statuses on your party (one of which is KO) and can reduce your HP down to 1-10. One time it even missed my party completely. After he uses Neutron Ring, he'll use Blue Shockwave 3 more times before the next Grand Cross. Blue Shockwave only reduces a characters HP to 1; it's not that bad.

All others weren't really that hard. Shuyin was the easiest.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    By end game all of Zidane's Dyne skills do 9999 damage, even True Energy which is cheaper to cast than Thievery, also unless their is a trick to Thievery, I have never been able to get it to do that type of damage it usually does about 5000 to 6000 points at most.

Steiner's Trance ability doubles his attack power which menas by endgame, he begins to do 9999 points of damage with his normal attacks. It's the reason I keep him in my party.

When you get four people dishing out 9999 six times per round (using X-magic) Necron drops pretty quickly.
    Thievery's damage formula: [Number of steals * Speed]/2. So if Zidane's speed is 35 it takes 572 steals to max it, 500 steals for 40 speed. This seems like a lot, but it doesn't take that long if you steal from bosses and occasionally from enemies. Frog Drop takes longer to max than Thievery, actually.

Steiners attacks vary with damage and can be reduced by Protect and high defense, fixed damage spells cannot be blocked or reduced and will always deal a certain amount of damage. That's why spells like Thievery, Frog Drop, and Dragon's Crest >>> Steiner.
    Yeah but all three of those abilities require extra effort and knowledge of the formulas to get to work effectively. If you were going for a completionist game then I agree they are better than Trance. If you are doing a straght playthrough though, then Trance still remains effective. Besides it's not like the Trance states reduce the effectiveness of these abilities so it's still marginally useful (well except the fact you can't control them:rolleyes2 )

Necron barely uses status buffs and Steiner with any of the last three swords can do max damage in a Trance state so I still feel it's valid.

Besides the point here is the fact that Necron is a loser how the hell did I get into a game mechanics conversation?

Yeah but all three of those abilities require extra effort and knowledge of the formulas to get to work effectively. If you were going for a completionist game then I agree they are better than Trance. If you are doing a straght playthrough though, then Trance still remains effective. Besides it's not like the Trance states reduce the effectiveness of these abilities so it's still marginally useful (well except the fact you can't control them:rolleyes2 )

Necron barely uses status buffs and Steiner with any of the last three swords can do max damage in a Trance state so I still feel it's valid.

Besides the point here is the fact that Necron is a loser how the hell did I get into a game mechanics conversation?
    If you're just going straight through the game and not bother to get stronger then of course Trance is going to be useful. Steiner would be a better choice there since his attacks are the easiest to max. However, if you took the time to get stronger, then characters with the fixed damage skills would be the best choice.

I think you mentioned something about using Trance to beat Necron, and I felt compelled to comment.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you're just going straight through the game and not bother to get stronger then of course Trance is going to be useful. Steiner would be a better choice there since his attacks are the easiest to max. However, if you took the time to get stronger, then characters with the fixed damage skills would be the best choice.

I think you mentioned something about using Trance to beat Necron, and I felt compelled to comment.
    Looking back, yeah that was what sparked this... damn we went off topic didn't we?

Looking back, yeah that was what sparked this... damn we went off topic didn't we?
    We may have strayed slightly off topic, yes.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

if you have aura(which is drawable with enc-none) then ultimecia and omega weapon are easy.. the only thing you have to watch out for is ultimecia and griever blowing away aura, ultima(i assume you have either that or flare junctioned to str) and whatever restorative magic you have junctioned to get your person to 9999 HP.
    da rest is easy

Omega Weapon > Ultimecia

I didn't particularly think she was hard, just really really long.

"Reflect on your..." "Childhood..." "Your sensation..." "Your words..." "Your emotions..."

Been years since I played this marvellous game but I somehow managed to get to the end with none of my characters on 9999 hp. I'd say Squall was my best on about 7650 hp. Took me freakin' weeks to defeat Ultimecia and thus complete the game as a reault of my low hps. Hated the junction system!!!
    I will never be a memory.