Thread: Need HUGE recap from beginning to Tomb of The Unknonw King... NOW

Default Need HUGE recap from beginning to Tomb of The Unknonw King... NOW

Yesterday, I picked up FF VIII again, seeing if I could get into the game. Not playing it for about 3/4 months, I remembered how good of a game it really is. The only thing is, I CANT REMEMBER WHAT HAS HAPPENED.

I am at Deling city for the second time (after visiting TOTUK) and I am in *spoiler... I think* Rinoa's Father's house. They are having this conversation and I have no idea of what is goin on. So please refresh my memory by telling me EVERYTHING that has happened since the very firsy cut scene... EVERYTHING!!!

Thanks

okay, there is really nothing that hard to understand, the first disc is pretty easy to follow, so read this:
    The very beginning scene is Squall and Seifer fighting in the training center, Squall gets defeated, and is sent to in Infirmary in a place called Balamb Garden, where he attends school. After meeting an mysterious girl, his teacher, Quistis Trepe, comes to take him to his class, and reminds him that in order to take the SeeD Field exam, he must travel to the Fire Cavern to get one of his first GFs, Guardian Forces. He passes, accompanied by Quistis, and takes the SeeD field exam, with his partner, Zell, and commander, Seifer, his worst enemy. The exam takes place in a town called Dollet. Here they meet Selphie, who joins them in their group as Seifer goes by himself. He leads them to an old abandoned tower, where some Galbadian soldiers are. They venture into the old tower, and meet Biggs and Wedge, who operate the tower, which apparently used for Satelite waves, which wasnt used for years. They return to Balamb garden, after an exciting escape from a Mechanical Spider. Squall, Selphie, Zell, and another applicant, passed the SeeD exam with flying colours. Now SeeD, Squall attends a SeeD banquet, and there he meets Rinoa, and they share a dance. He later get called by Quistis, to investigate this "Secret area" in the training center. There Quistis and Squall talk about various things, which isnt really important to the story.
    The Next morning, Cid, the Headmaster of Balamb Garden, sends Squall, Zell and Selphie on their first mission as SeeD's. They must go to a small town called Timber and assist a group called the Forest Owls, in their assanination of the President. On the train ride, Squall and his party faints, and have a dream. Squall is someone called Laguna, and his party is in the Timber Forest, then end up in Galbadia, where he tries to make a move on someone names Julia.
    When the party eventually reaches Timber, they find the Forest Owls, and find out Rinoa is a part of the forest owls. They do the mission, get to the president, but find out it is a fake president. The real president is using the satelite from Dollet to make a live broadcast to the world about appointing a new Sorceress. Sorceress Edea. In Timber, the party goes to the broadcast and finds Seifer there. Seifer learned of Squall and party, and even when he wasnt appointed as a SeeD, he threatened to take the presidents life, only to be stopped by Edea. Edea takes Seifer from the world, and makes him her personal Servant. The party, now including Quistis, goes to the nearest Garden, Galbadia Garden. On their travels, they go into the dream world once again. This time Laguna and party are investigating some machine in the ground. After investigating it, Laguna and the rest of his part falls of a cliff, and they meet year later.
    Squall and party eventually get to Galbadia garden, where we learn that Seifer was Rinoa's old Boyfriend. Quistis speaks to the headmaster of galbadia garden (Martel). They recieve a message from Martel from Cid, telling Squall to assist Martel in his opertion. Martel, fearing Edea from taking over his garden, tells Squall and party to travel Deling City, where Edea is haveing a parade. Their missing is to assaniate the sorceress, and to meet General Caraway, who will give them the details, and who also happens to be Rinoa's father. They travel to Deling, but only to have a guard telling them to travel to the Tomb of the Unknown King to collect a SeeD's sword number who went in and never returned. They travel there, get the number, and travel back. Then getting inot the mansion, Caraway explains the details of the parade and how to kill her.
    This is it i think, enjoy the rest of the game

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Come join the FF8 Hangman! Made Possible by.... me!

Ok, but why do they need to kill the presedent? Why are they told to assasinate him?

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Squall's party were hired to kidnap the president not kill him. (SPOILER: Edea kills him)
    ...Geddit?

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Edit: I need to pay more attention to posts before me before I jump in conversations.
    Last edited by Ouch!; 07-28-2007 at 12:39 AM.

If you don't remember anything that has happened before where you are, it wouldn't be a bad idea to start over. Not only would it give you a full understanding of events, you would also have the chance to become more accustomed to the battle and junction system and would maybe find some things you missed on your previous playthrough.
    Quote Originally Posted by hplvr View Post
    The Next morning, Cid, the Headmaster of Balamb Garden, sends Squall, Zell and Selphie on their first mission as SeeD's. They must go to a small town called Timber and assist a group called the Forest Owls, in their assanination of the President.
    The Timber Owls were not going to assassinate the President, only kidnap him in an attempt to liberate Timber.
    On the train ride, Squall and his party faints, and have a dream. Squall is someone called Laguna, and his party is in the Timber Forest, then end up in Galbadia, where he tries to make a move on someone names Julia.
    I would like to add that the events in the dream took place several years ago while Galbadia was trying to take over Timber.
    The party, now including Quistis, goes to the nearest Garden, Galbadia Garden. On their travels, they go into the dream world once again. This time Laguna and party are investigating some machine in the ground. After investigating it, Laguna and the rest of his part falls of a cliff, and they meet year later.
    The excavation site Laguna and co. are at is actually the excavation of the Crystal Pillar, which is explained later in the game. Later Kiros goes to Winhill to meet Laguna, but Ward does not come along. His whereabouts will be revealed later.
    Squall and party eventually get to Galbadia garden, where we learn that Seifer was Rinoa's old Boyfriend. Quistis speaks to the headmaster of galbadia garden (Martel)*.
    His name is Martine*.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart's Friend Milhouse View Post
    Squall's party were hired to kidnap the president not kill him. (SPOILER: Edea kills him)
    (SPOILER)Spoiler tags ftw.

ballsballsballs of steel Jimsour's Avatar

You probably should start over, its not the same as just reading it on a forum and you'll run into problems later on story-wise.

Besides, its not like its very long, I've gotten to that point in about 3 or 4 hours of gameplay, taking my time!
    I'm a big fan of the Mars Bar Diet; You don't eat the Mars bar, you stick it up your arse and let a rottweiler chase you home.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You go to this school where you learn to be a mercenary. While taking your big test to get qualified, you find out that one country is trying to repair a communications tower, but why when no one's broadcasted television or radio in 17 years?

When you get back, the next day you're dispatched to help a resistance team. For a mysterious reason, your whole party falls asleep and dreams they are different people, however, when you compare notes, you realize the different people were all together.

When you arrive at your job, your first task is to help kidnap the president of the country with the radio tower, you do that, but it's a fake, so you're forced to flee the town, but not after you catch the television broadcast. One of your fellow students attacks the real president on stage and one of your teammates reveals where you all are from. Then a sorceress appears and leads your fellow student off into thin air.

You flee to the nearest branch of your school, but are subjected to the Dream World again, and find out more about these three men you inhabit the minds of. When you get to the school, you hear that your student was executed and given your new mission plan: kill the sorceress that showed up at any cost, and another member is dispatched to help you snipe her down.

To do this, you must go to the capital city of the country who has seemed to become badder and badder. You are to meet with a high ranking general of the country's army, but the girl you served in your first mission is hesitant to speak with him. After you collect a proof of your worth, he brings you in and details a plan to kill the sorceress at a parade that evening in her honor. You are divided into two teams, with the girl left behind because she is not a mercenary. One team will wait in a tower until a certain time to snipe the sorceress, the other will wait over the area she will be and will control the gate mechanism to trap her.

The last girl is actually the general's daughter, and after she tries vainly to convince the second team of an alternative plan to stop the sorceress, her father attempts to lock her in her room. The leader of the second team feels remorseful for having spoken so harshly to her, and returns, just after the girl has left, and right before the automatic timer clicks in. They are forced to take a detour through the sewers to get back to their post.

The girl makes it to the sorceress with a bangle intended to inhibit her magical abilities, but she is cast aside like a ragdoll and the sorceress goes to make her intentions of being super evil known to the whole country. She kills the president and leaves the girl to be devoured by some monsters, forcing the first group to go rescue her.

After that, the parade begins just as planned, The second team makes it back to their post just in time to clamp a gate down around the sorceress's float, while the first team rises up out of a clock in perfect range to stop her. But instead of making an instant surprise attack, the sniper from the other school can't collect the nerves to shoot her for some reason, so by the time the leader convinces him to, the sorceress is able to block it easy, and they take her on face to face. They win, but it is an empty win; she uses a magic attack to stab the leader through the chest with shards of ice and the rest are all captured by the soldiers of that country.

LOL INSERT DISK TWO.