Thread: Starter pack

An unknown quantity Disco Potato's Avatar

Smile Starter pack

I'm thinking about getting the starter pack (http://na.square-enix.com/ffxi/starterpack/), which seems to have only the original game. I'm totally new to FFXI and just want to try it out within that free 30 day trial. Will I be missing out on a lot of stuff that comes only in the expansions if I just make a new character and level him/her up a bit (probably staying only in the first few areas of the game)? Thanks

You won't miss anything in the starter pack, if that's all you want to do.

I think they did release the registration codes to buy cheaply for the expansions, though. Incase you decide to continue on (you probably download the expansions).

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

The only thing you might miss is the ability to get certain advanced jobs when you hit 30 for the first time, but for you to manage to get that far in only 30 days you'd have to stop functioning in the outside world for most of the trial. It's easier to level these days, but still.

Jobs to 18, subjob quest, jobs to 30, advanced job.

I personally think SE is retarded to only have a 30 day trial for a such a hardcore game. If they'd make it 60 days they'd probably hook a lot more people. But if you just want a bit of the flavor, you're not gonna miss too much.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Around 6-8 days of hardcore playing (with help from higher leveled players for general direction) could probably get you up to around the 20-25s with a subjob.

Trial seems sort of a letdown

An unknown quantity Disco Potato's Avatar

Awesome, thanks

The Twilight Melody dragontamer's Avatar

Does anyone who lives in the UK know any shops that still sell the game (not Ebay or Amazon, i mean; i dont like ordering things from the 'net.) Electronic botique/GAME as it is now does not sell it, asda, tesco and co:op dont either, thet playstation shop in st. Davids centre - by the theter doesnt, nor does the one on st. marys street and forbidden planet sells many ff things but not this game. ( >.< Oh, i live in cardiff if it helps.)

Thiking about it, online looks like tha only way to get ahold of it...

EDIT, when WAS it released in the UK? i didnt hear about it until september last year; before KH2 came out.
    Please visit my DeviantART page! If you have an account, please leave comments on my work to help me improve my drawing! Thanks!

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

They SHOULD have at least 1 copy of the current three expansions available on Xbox360.

But yah. Online copies are sparse :S...