Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question for those who don't own a next-gen sytem

Default A question for those who don't own a next-gen sytem

I still don't have any next gen console,and to tell you the truth i don't really care.YET.
    So,my question is:which are the games that will make you buy your first next-gen system?
    My list
    1.FFXIII FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS project(except Agito) for PS3
    If i don't have a PS3 by then,these games will make me buy one
    2.WHITE KNIGHT STORY for PS3
    Another game that is a system seller for me.After playing Dragon Quest VIII it made me an instant fan of everything Level5 developes.I'm currently on the lookout for all their previous games.
    3.GRAN TURISMO 5 for PS3
    I'm a huge fan of the series.The only racing game that i like and follow since the first GT.The E3 video made me drool...
    4.RESIDENT EVIL 5 for PS3 and Xbox360
    Resident Evil 4 brought fresh air into the series in many ways although i'm still not very happy about TPS mode...Oh well.After watching the trailer i'm very excited about it!
    5.ETERNAL SONATA for Xbox360 (and probably PS3 as well)
    So far,this game looks like it will be one of my favourite next-gen games.From the intriguing gameplay to the dreamlike sound and graphics this game screams of pure awesomeness!
    6.FOLKLORE for PS3
    I don't know much about this one as of yet but it looks much like my kind of game.Although the plot (at least at the beginning) reminds me a lot of SH2,still it has a mysterious atmosphere that i like a lot.

Of course there are more,like the next game from Team Ico (for PS3),the next Tomb Raider (PS3/360),Devil May Cry,Silent hill 5 (although recent news are very discouraging imo) and maybe the mistwalker titles (for 360).
    So yeah,these are the games that so far are making me want to buy a next-gen system.And that system is obviously a PS3.
    I will not buy one until next year though.
    So what are yours?

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Halo 3
    Too Human
    Rainbow Six Vegas
    Gears of War

The hope of more Eternal Darkness. There are probably others but they are not really worth mentioning.

Playing Rainbow and Halo 3 online will provide insane amounts of wasted time

MGS4 for PS3

Lair for PS3

A few have enough pull to make me a buy a system over it, but Final Fantasy will hold the most cards for me.

Grand Theft Auto 4. I was reading about it yesterday and it seems so awesome. For the first time, if you shoot somebody, for example in the leg, they will limp, and maybe fall to the floor. Nevertheless if they are still alive they would carry on fighting. Shoot somebody in the arm, they wouldn't be able to use it, e.g hold a weapon.
    The below sentence is true.
    The above sentence is false.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    The hope of more Eternal Darkness. There are probably others but they are not really worth mentioning.
    More Eternal Darkness... yes plz. But isn't Silicon Knights working on their massive multi-part space epic? I haven't heard anything but rumors for that saga to continue.

Twilight Princess would be enough for me to fork over for the new systems. If I had the money.

Gears of War, too. I played that on multiplayer at a 360 LAN party and oh man...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FF, GTA, MGS all hold that spot for me. Definately a few others but I'm definately going with a PS3 when the time comes

Quote Originally Posted by Comet View Post
    Grand Theft Auto 4. I was reading about it yesterday and it seems so awesome. For the first time, if you shoot somebody, for example in the leg, they will limp, and maybe fall to the floor. Nevertheless if they are still alive they would carry on fighting. Shoot somebody in the arm, they wouldn't be able to use it, e.g hold a weapon.
    I wanna get this too, but I'm hoping it goes multi-platform, if it doesn't then I'll have to purchase a Xbox360 and a PS3
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

For the wii -

1. SSBB
    2. That crystal chronicles game
    3. Zelda (I know, it's already out...)

I'm buying Xbox 360 this fall for Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey, possibly Mass Effect, although I'll rent the other Xbox 360 rpg's this fall also. In the Spring I was considering buying a Playstation 3 and getting White Knight Story, but I have less interest in that now. I'll buy Playstation 3 when Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out in Usa, probably Fall 2008. The only rpg I really like on Wii would be Zelda, if I had more time and money I could have bought that a year ago. At that time I was just returning to console gaming and bought FF VII: DoG and FF XII, both for PS 2.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    More Eternal Darkness... yes plz. But isn't Silicon Knights working on their massive multi-part space epic? I haven't heard anything but rumors for that saga to continue.

Twilight Princess would be enough for me to fork over for the new systems. If I had the money.

Gears of War, too. I played that on multiplayer at a 360 LAN party and oh man...
    Denis Dyack has said that there are plans for more Eternal Darkness but before they finish that 10 year project they need to finish up their 15 year project in Too Human first. Too Human probably just took a big delay though because Silicon Knights has filed a law suit against epic for breach of contract with the Unreal Engine.

Here is to the XBox: Xtreme Chainsaw Juggling...AKA XBox 3 XD

Ciddieless since 2004

Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Maybe. Maybe.

Other than that, there's nothing at all that would make me want to buy a next-gen system.
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec

Absolutely, Metal Gear, Silent Hill, FF, and Heavenly Sword*.

*Andy Serkis is the Artistic Director!

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg View Post
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl