Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone has heard that there is supposed to be a Castlevania movie set for 2009. I just heard this from Zellyhottie and wanted to share it with you all.

Here is the article from international movie database :Castlevania (2009)

Here is a movie poster: http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/...astlevania.jpg

EDIT:It appears (at least for me) I can't view this page on the server, in any case just copy and paste this into a url.

And also from UHM - Upcoming Horror Movies, I found an article where the writer/director Paul W.S. Anderson revealed details about the story, and I quote:

"It's going to explain how the Belmont clan and Dracula first come into contact, so in a way, it's going to be a genesis story of the clash between the Belmonts and Dracula. It's going to span the ages as well, which is one of the fun things about the games. There are Castlevania games in the 1500s, there are Castlevania games in the Second World War, there are Castlevania in the future, and we're going to take the same kind of approach. It's going to be a very mythic story spanning hundreds of years, but the key characters are going to be Dracula and Simon Belmont. And the whip is going to be intact, although there'll be lots of other weaponry as well."

He also added how he'll keep the goth and romantic look of the game and incorporate it into the movie.

Also, here are DETAILS from the same site

- Production is hoped to begin next spring.
- The film will supposedly have a lot of references to the game to please the fans.
- It's said that the story will span hundreds of years and focus mostly on Dracula and Simon Belmont.
- The interiors of the castle will be constructed in Budapest.
- Budgeted at an estimated $50-million.
- Rogue Pictures hopes that this will be the start of a new horror franchise for them.
- Described as in the vein of action-horror films such as Blade and Underworld.
- Director Paul W. S. Anderson (Resident Evil, Alien Vs. Predator) is also writing the script.
- Based on the classic Konami video game.

Discuss.