Thread: What do you call the PS2 chip that allows PAL consoles to play NTSC games?

Banned

Default What do you call the PS2 chip that allows PAL consoles to play NTSC games?

I was gonna buy some games from America now, but my PlayStation2 doesn't accept them.
    Therefore I'm gonna get this chip that makes the console convert NTSC titles.
    Do you know the name(s) of the chip(s) in question?

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's a mod chip. There's a bunch of different ways to go about it, you're best off researching them yourself and seeing which way will work best for you.

Banned

Is this the chip I'm looking for?

http://www.console.se/images/ps2_chip_dms4sepro.jpg

Like Hsu said, there are a lot of them. Just remember that breaking the seal on your PS2 to put a chip in will nullify your warranty on your PS2. I personally would go with the disc swap method they have for doing this. I don't know exactly how it works, but you start your PS2 with this disc, the PS2 reads it, then you swap it with another and it reads that and magically it can play any game (it's not that simply, but you don't have to open and potentially mess up your PS2). And I think it's cheaper.

But that chip you showed is probably one of many chips that would work.