Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Utada Hikaru Beautiful World/Kiss&Cry single

I love Utada Hikaru's songs! Though, I dont know the new ones! I have to listen. But I first listen to her in KH1 and I love it, from there I heard her musics and Im still keeping to hear it. I think her songs are very mature like she. Maybe she is more known and respected then Koda Kumi herself, no? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Essência View Post
    I love Utada Hikaru's songs! Though, I dont know the new ones! I have to listen. But I first listen to her in KH1 and I love it, from there I heard her musics and Im still keeping to hear it. I think her songs are very mature like she. Maybe she is more known and respected then Koda Kumi herself, no? lol
    Off-Topic: Well, Utada Hikaru is obviously more respected than Koda Kumi because of the fact that Koda Kumi has that ero kakkoi image going on ("sexy/slutty" in other words) and a lot of people dont like it... that said, Koda Kumi is actually the biggest selling singer at the moment in Japan...because she works hard & is always putting herself out there... I guess she proves that sex does sell & also that working hard pays off.

Back on topic: I agree with what you said Rye, Utada Hikaru is by far one of my favourite Japanese singers & I think that her music gets better as she gets older. She writes from what she experiences and she's not afraid to experiment with her music and adapt it to what she likes. I adore Kiss&Cry & I'm getting into Beautiful world more now just from listening to it. Its growing on me. I'm enjoying her stuff a lot at the moment because of her RnB edge..

I personally love her voice too, it makes me feel calm & really suits the songs that she sings.

I do have to say though, that her Deep River era is STILL my favourite.