Thread: Help with Treasure Chest Game in Omega Ruins...

Banned

Default Help with Treasure Chest Game in Omega Ruins...

I seem to find chests in the Omega Ruins that randomly contain items OR start a battle.
    I managed to open two chests once, and got the battle from the third one, and then all the chests disppeared!

What's this?
    Do the chests disappear for ever, or do they come back after a while, or do I have to open them correctly on the first try?
    Do the chests' contents randomly change every time you reload the file?
    Are there miss-able items in there?

Help, please.

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_20 View Post
    What's this?
    GameFAQs is your friend.

Info from here

The treasure chests' contents do not depend on their location, but how many you have opened. If you touch a Save Sphere, the counter will reset.

1) 1x Lv.4 Sphere
    2) Defending Bracer (2 slots) Silenceproof, Darkproof
    3) Turnover (Magic Counter, Counter-Attack)
    4) 2x Lv.3 Key Sphere
    5) Defending Armlet (Stoneproof, Poisonproof, 2 FS)
    6) 2x Friend Sphere
    7) 1x Lv.4 Key Sphere
    8) Phantom Ring (Ice Eater, Fire Eater, Lightning Eater, 1 FS)
    9) Cactuar Wizard (Half MP Cost)
    10) Warmonger (Double AP, Double Overdrive)
    11) 2x Teleport Sphere
    12) 99x WARP SPHERE!

Do the chests disappear for ever, or do they come back after a while, or do I have to open them correctly on the first try?
    Yes, no, and you don't have to, but if you want 99 Warp Spheres, you should try.

Do the chests' contents randomly change every time you reload the file?
    Yes.

No, the chests are empty. :rolleyes2 You don't need them any more than you need every non-story related item, though.
    This is a signature.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Firo Volondé View Post
    No, the chests are empty. :rolleyes2
    I didn't mean "are there items in there?", but "are there UNIQUE items in there?".

Anyway, thanks, but I've got one more question that wasn't mentioned in that guide:
    do the chests disappear in groups?
    I mean, if I make the chests on the far right disappear, will the other chests still be left?
    Or does every single treasure in the entire dungeon disappear simultaneously?

The chests disappear in groups yes, except for the group of four. Those will stay no matter what. But with the group of two and the two groups of three, you have a certain time limit in which to properly open each group of chests. If you can open them all, you get the items. If any one of them is a monster, all will disappear.

There was a guide on gamefaqs.com that told people how to open them all properly, but the technique is so rather frustratingly difficult that someone took it off because basically only the guy that wrote the faq could do it with his method. I have done it. It's not that difficult, you just NEED a metronome or a ticking analog clock. You have to open them on the beat of a second, and like EXACTLY on the beat. Pretty much you count how many chests are in the room. You arrive at the chest on a beat, wait a number of seconds equal to how many chests are in the room, and on the beat of the last second open the chest. But again, the timing has to be like EXACT or it won't work, which is why so many people have a problem with it. Even with a metronome or ticking analog clock it is still a little tricky. But I can attest to having done it, so it is possible.

On the other hand, when I got 99 Warp Spheres, I went ahead and maxed everyone's stats. I still had like 80ish when I was done. And to your other question, there are no missable items that can be found in those chests. All of the weapons that they give can be made, and the only decent one is the Phantom Ring. 2 Lv.3 and Lv.4 Key Spheres are easy enough to obtain, so don't lose sleep trying to get all of these chests, it's not that worth it.

Banned

Wait, does that mean that I can finish one group, then save, and then try the next group?

No, you have to do them all in one go, if you touch a save sphere then the chests will get messed up.