Thread: Luneth, Arc, Refia and Ingus on NES

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Default Luneth, Arc, Refia and Ingus on NES

I didn't want my other thread to go too much off-topic, so I decided to start a new thread. If you played FFIII on NES and you named your characters Luneth, Arc, Refia and Ingus, how would you play the game? Would you make certain characters specialized in certain classes to reflect their personalities (for example, Arc as a mage)? Since Refia is female and the original NES version had four brothers, would you restrict Refia's classes to only classes where she either looks like a girl or where she looks androgynous? What would those classes be?

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    I made Refia my White Mage and I'll later make her my Shaman. Those two classes don't look so boy-ish. Summoner and Onion Knight I find acceptable for NES Refia too. But absolutely not Viking. XD
    Actually, I think a Viking could be an acceptable class for Refia since it's meant to look like a dwarf, and female dwarves have beards too. Is there any other classes she could use, other than Onion Knight, White Mage, Shaman and Summoner? For example, I usually make everyone a Dragoon during the battle against (SPOILER)Garuda.

At any rate, discuss.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Heh, well, the Dragoons do have helmets covering their faces, don't they? So you wouldn't really be able to tell what gender they are, I suppose.

I'd probably go along with what you'd do, making Refia the female/androgynous and Arc the mage classes. I'd probably make Ingus the heavy warrior classes and Luneth the light warrior and other in-between classes like Red Mage and Geomancer.

Normally I name the characters different names though, on the NES version.

And would you name them according to the Onion Kids' starting colours?

From what I can see in DS footage of them as Onion Kids, Luneth is blue, Arc is green, Refia's a pale blue (the pink one in the NES version?) and Ingus is red.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I thought luneth was purple and refia blue. i think i don't know my onion knights though, only played that one once.

I probably worry about appearances/direction because in my last playthrough of III DS Arc ended up being my Dark Knight and other melee classes throughout.

I'd make Ingus turn into fighter related classes, Arc into magic classes, Refia into female looking classes, and Luneth into a fighter class as well.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Well, like I said, I'd make Refia a White Mage / Shaman. Yeah it's kinda cliché but anyone who has played the DS version has to admit that she's just 200% cute in White Mage / Devout (= Shaman) outfit.

Right now in my latest NES playthrough (I'm training for the water crystal) my party is the following:

Luneth: Knight
    Arc: Black Mage
    Refia: White Mage
    Ingus: Monk

But my final party will be this one.

Luneth: Dark Knight (= M. Knight or whatever in the NES translation)
    Arc: Either Summoner or Warlock, don't know yet.
    Refia: Shaman (Big DUH)
    Ingus: Knight

I know I switched around the knight class, but that's because Dark Knights don't become useful until one can get to Falgabard, and I personally don't see Luneth as a monk. So I stick the Monk/Master job on Ingus until I can get my hands on some Dark Blades. Or if I can get my hands on some Onion Gear (doubt it), Luneth will be an Onion Knight. My reasons for tis setup is that I'm just following my DS-playthrough party setup and thus IMHO suits the characters the best (though I never had a monk in the DS version, but you can't get Thiefs from the Wind Crystal in the NES version).

And yes, no Ninja and Sages for my final party. Probably hard, but possible. I saw a video on Youtube of a solo Warlock kicking CoD's behind. Ouch. So no N/N/S/S should definately be possible.

I just call her Refius.
    Signature removed for exceeding the 250 pixel height limit.

~Void

Uh, can the Dark Knight still cast White Magic in the DS version?

i named the second character Ingus and it's the one Sara was really attached to. Lucky pick or maybe it's the third character...can't remember XD

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    Uh, can the Dark Knight still cast White Magic in the DS version?
    No, it now really is a Dark Knight and uses Cecil's Dark Wave from FF IV, called 'Souleater' in FF III DS. I prefer it that way. Souleater is a pretty good ability, hitting all enemies for some good damage.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    Heh, well, the Dragoons do have helmets covering their faces, don't they? So you wouldn't really be able to tell what gender they are, I suppose.

I'd probably go along with what you'd do, making Refia the female/androgynous and Arc the mage classes. I'd probably make Ingus the heavy warrior classes and Luneth the light warrior and other in-between classes like Red Mage and Geomancer.

Normally I name the characters different names though, on the NES version.
    I'd do that :]

But switcharoo Ingus and Luneth~ Just like the intro

what's wrong with a female warrior or a male white mage?

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Sage also works for NES if you want that female look. And so does Archer, Conjurer, and Bard.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    And would you name them according to the Onion Kids' starting colours?

From what I can see in DS footage of them as Onion Kids, Luneth is blue, Arc is green, Refia's a pale blue (the pink one in the NES version?) and Ingus is red.
    Onion Kid #1 was the red one. Since red is his main colour, I personally associate him with Ingus. Onion Kid # 2 (the blue one) is Refia, Onion Kid # 3 is Arc, 'cause he's coloured green, and the confusing Onion Kid # 4, who wears pinkish-purple clothes on the world map and red like # 1 in battle, is Luneth.

Yeah, they're in reverse order from when they're introduced in FFIII DS.

Colour match ftw.