Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151929 ... LastLast

Thread: Villain Grand Tournament

Blog Entries

5000 on Psycho Mantis.

He can read you... (breathe) like an open book!

I'll throw mine in later. Good villains I'm seeing though. Damn.

4k on Phoenix.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

NOTE: By clerical error, Albedo should have been assured a spot but was not. I have dropped Dedede from the seeding in favor of him. The posts have been updated accordingly.

Two figures faced off in the midst of a huge ruined temple. Around the temple, statues of strange bird-like creatures in various poses could be seen.

On one side of the battlefield stood a thin, almost emaciated man in a skintight, sleeveless black shirt and a pair of baggier black pants. His face was obscured by a gas mask, and his breathing was hollow, airy, and easily audible to those around.

On the other side of the ruins was a woman, full-figured and dressed in a skintight green and yellow suit. Her hair was a deep red, and it billowed in the air as her eyes glowed with indescribably insane malice. Around her, an aura of flame in the shape of a bird flickered, almost as if superimposing itself over her.

In a mobile platform high above the field, a young man immaculately dressed in a suit and tie stood, coolly surveying the battlefield.

"Greetings," he said calmly. "I am Yagami Light, and I will be commentating for this event. We are here at the beginning of the Villains Grand Tournament, where the cruelest, evilest and most black-heartedly foul beings attempt to destroy each other for your pleasure. For only in this cruel way can justice truly be meted against such despicable individuals.

In our first match today, we bring you two beings of powerful psychic prowess. One is Psycho Mantis, mass murderer and clairovoyant. The other is the Dark Phoenix, an insane and twisted wretch with extraordinary psionic capacity. It is said she has wiped out an entire populated solar system.

Were betting not a crime, I know where my money would be. Begin!"

Psycho Mantis made an immediate dive behind the statue as an immense conflagration consumed a thirty-foot radius around Phoenix. Her eyes were now ablaze with white fire, and the aura of the firebird for which she was named was clearly visible around her. The very stone of the ruins melted under the immense heat she was radiating as her power began increasing.

Psycho Mantis seemed to vanish, his body turning transluscent. The blaze in her eyes intensified as she cast her head around, her hair moving impetuously with each movement.

A snapping sound could be heard as a statue was broken from its pedestal and hurled at Phoenix.

Phoenix made a contemptuous gesture with her hand, and the statue was instantly incinerated, leaving nothing but a black powder remaining.

Two more statues were torn from their pedestal, and Phoenix's expression changed from one of contempt to one of annoyance. The aura around her expanded, and continued to grow. The wicked flames engulfed the entire battlefield, consuming it utterly. A horrific scream could be heard, muffled by a gas mask. A scream that ended abruptly in utter silence.

As the flames cleared, all that remained was a wasted and desolate piece of shattered earth, with Phoenix floating in the middle, her eyes blazing with unholy fire.

"As expected, Phoenix is the winner," Light said, almost bored.

Advent VII: 17,500
    Chaos Is the Key: 10,000
    chibitenchi86: 19,000
    Eiko Guy: 30,100
    f f freak: 19,000
    Firo Volondé: 127,258
    Hazzard: 51,800
    Kentarou: 5,000
    Laddy: 20,000
    LunarWeaver: 17,000
    Magus of Zeal: 32,500
    Mercen-X: 23,000
    Ninja Ryu: 59,988
    professor_scissors: 258,000
    Rase: 1,120,000
    Rocket Edge: 44,000
    ShunNakamura: 15,000
    Starlight Angel: 12,020,000
    Studder: 19,000
    Triumphant Hero: 1,415,000
    TyphoonThaReapa: 74,750
    Zante: 281,900
    ZauberSternerin: 24,000

The second battle is between Sephiroth and Kuchiki Byakuya. It will take place in the Danger Room. The fight will be posted either Tuesday or Wednesday. Betting will be open until that time.

Sephiroth ftw. 5,000 on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zante View Post
    Sephiroth ftw. 5,000 on him.
    Someone doesn't know Void very well.

Bank on Byakuya.

Blog Entries

Darn it! >_< Oh well. 2000 on Byakuya.

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

All my money except 258 on Byakuya
    This is a signature.

Articles
    Blog Entries

1k off Sephiroth, because Void's pretty fair. And if he isn't, I'll be okay.
    Last edited by Laddy; 08-20-2007 at 09:08 PM.

bank on Byakuya, as i know how Void's twisted little mind works when it comes to Sephiroth.

I bet 1,500 on Sephiroth still. We're talking his angel-ish form, right? The man controls algebra! It's unbeatable.
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 08-19-2007 at 06:45 PM.

Sephiroth's Super Nova

While the other guy has...cherry blossoms. The choice wasn't that hard.

Jokes aside, Kuchiki appears to be quite good too according to his wiki article, so I think this is going to be a close match. Its also interesting that both he and Sephiroth have an angelic theme to them. I am looking forward to this fight no matter who wins.
    Last edited by Zante; 08-19-2007 at 06:44 PM.

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

10,000 on byakuya. Bankai FTW.

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

I'll put 7500 on Byakuya Kuchiki.

I am unsure on this fight .

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Please bear in mind that certain attacks are altered to not be stupidly overblown. This primarily applies to Final Fantasy Villains, such as Kuja and Sephiroth. Sephiroth's Super Nova, for example, is changed to a huge explosion of fire that expands outward from his point.

This is not necessarily saying Sephiroth will lose, but this is also not saying he will win. Just be aware that any stupidly overdone attacks will be changed for this iteration of the tournament.