View Poll Results: Does Family Guy really live up to all the hype?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

13 40.63%
  • No...

10 31.25%
  • I dunno...

0 0%
  • lolz teh baby stewie dun liek his mom!!!!!111!!1!!@@1!!1

9 28.13%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: STFU & GTFO, FAMILY GUY IS TEH KEWL!!!!!!

i like family guy.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Yeah, I do prefer it to the Simpsons. I find it much funnier.

I think Family Guy's great. Sure, the "keep the same gag running for half a minute" jokes can be a pain, but even great comedy shows have their share of misses. The show has its faults, most of which have already been pointed out in this thread, but all I ask of a comedy is that it make me laugh, and Family Guy does that.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Family Guy is the most overrated show on TV. It's just not funny most of the time. The humor is slapstick and the jokes dragged-out and often completely random nonsense. It used to be hard for me to put words on just why Family Guy is not very good, but South Park mocked it perfectly in their Mohammed episodes. The show could literally be written by manatees.

South Park > Futurama >>>> Family Guy
    Rating South Park higher than Futurama invalidates not just your opinion, but you.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Rating South Park higher than Futurama invalidates not just your opinion, but you.
    This statement is true on so many levels.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Such an opinion is demonstrative of the highest ignorance of South Park. The last few seasons (and many before that) are all pure awesome and just continue to get better. How many shows can say that?

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm guilty of owning all seasons of the show. I love it, but I can see where people are coming from when they say it sucks. I'm afraid the new fad seems to be saying Family Guy sucks just because someone else says so though, but the guy on YouTube has very valid points.

These days, it's just a way to kill time when I've got nothing to do.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I was pretty amazed how many people saw the South Park Cartoon Wars episode and were like "Oh my god, Family Guy is the same formulaic over and over again!" How could you not be able to see that after like, five episodes? It seemed pretty smurfing obvious to me. I didn't even watch that video, so maybe I'm just repeating what he said.

It's not that it's an awful show, it's just not nearly as creative, original, or hilarious as a lot of other comedies on TV. I do love Brian, and the show can be mildly entertaining, but there's so much out there that's smarter and funnier.

Slightly off-topic, Futurama is a great show, but South Park is both more outrageously hilarious and a far more valid and piercing social satire. Agreeing with Raistlin can be a painful thing, but Futurama is always going to have its fans who remember the lovable characters and goofy sitcom situations; South Park pushes (or has pushed) the envelope in so many ways that it's going to be an important part of tv culture for a long time.

Like Jebus Shiny said, most of the things the guy said in the video is why I find Family Guy so funny. So there's a lack of character development? It's a freaking CARTOON. The non sequitur is what I find so funny.

Also agreeing with Poetically Pathetic, it seems it's just a fad now to say that Family Guy sucks.

It has a humor that appeals to some people and doesn't appeal to others. Just like South Park. I happen to like both shows, but in very different ways. I found "Cartoon Wars" hilarious. But it hasn't kept me from still finding Family Guy funny.
    Last edited by Kirobaito; 08-08-2007 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    Like Jebus said, most of the things the guy said in the video is why I find Family Guy so funny. So there's a lack of character development? It's a freaking CARTOON. The non sequitur is what I find so funny.

Also agreeing with Poetically Pathetic, it seems it's just a fad now to say that Family Guy sucks.

It has a humor that appeals to some people and doesn't appeal to others. Just like South Park. I happen to like both shows, but in very different ways. I found "Cartoon Wars" hilarious. But it hasn't kept me from still finding Family Guy funny.
    *temporarily returns from exile*

I have yet to post in this thread. Or in anything for the last month.

I'm a fan of random, irrelevant humor, thus Family Guy does tend to evoke a chuckle or two from me, however, Futurama is vastly superior in every possible way.

Also: MILF, just when I thought you couldn't be any more awesome you do all that. In other words, you can have me. *gets naked*
    lol signature

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    Like Jebus said, most of the things the guy said in the video is why I find Family Guy so funny. So there's a lack of character development? It's a freaking CARTOON. The non sequitur is what I find so funny.

*temporarily returns from exile*

I have yet to post in this thread. Or in anything for the last month.

I'm a fan of random, irrelevant humor, thus Family Guy does tend to evoke a chuckle or two from me, however, Futurama is vastly superior in every possible way.

Also: MILF, just when I thought you couldn't be any more awesome you do all that. In other words, you can have me. *gets naked*
    Haha, I saw someone with a sig similar to your old one and just assumed as much without reading the name.