Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation

Also buy many Wrists and Steepled Hats. You'll thank me later.

Banned

Make sure you get a Mythril Sword during disc one. Otherwise, you can never get again. And believe me, it's very important that you get one.
    Last edited by PuPu; 08-15-2007 at 02:46 PM.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    Make sure you get a Mythril Sword during disk one. Otherwise, you can never get again. And believe me, it's very important that you get one.
    PuPu remembering the important things with his brilliance as usual.

Mythrill Sword, ehh? Usually that's one of the worst weapons in an FF, but I'll make sure I find/purchase one.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

It's not a great weapon in and of itself, but it's the only way in the game for Steiner to learn Armour Break. It's also used in synthesizing Grand Armour.

The last boss on the first disk hold one as a rare steal item, but otherwise you can buy them from Treno or Esto Gaza.

Quote Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
    It's not a great weapon in and of itself, but it's the only way in the game for Steiner to learn Armour Break. It's also used in synthesizing Grand Armour.

The last boss on the first disk hold one as a rare steal item, but otherwise you can buy them from Treno or Esto Gaza.
    It's weird when you don't know a single thing someone is saying about a game!

I know Armor Break from X, but Grand Armor sounds nice, thanks for the advice, and yeah, I'll be doing periodic updates on this thread to show my development and so on.

I didn't want to go into specifics as to not spoil anything. Suffice to say, Treno and Esto Gaza are locations you'll be visiting later in the game, Armour Break operates in pretty much the same way it does in FFX and Grand Armour is just a kick-ass suit of armor for Steiner.

Banned

I wouldn't recommend stealing it from that boss, seeing as how you have to watch your HP because it can be a difficult battle; it also ends after a certain amount of time. And also, Esto Gaza is not supposed to be accessible by Disc 1, seeing as how the story doesn't progress over there until Disc 3. But you can access it if you collect certain treasures from the mini-game of Chocobo Hot&Cold and increase the abilities of Choco, which you will find out about later.

And yes, if you have Mythril Sword, you can synthesize Grand Armor, which is the best armor for Steiner and Freya (not counting the Tin Armor; trust me, it's totally not worth getting at all). And also, you can get Grand Armor as a rare steal from a certain boss in Disc 4 (This was what I had to do to get it xD).

Disc 4 in FFIX is also very similar to Disc 4 in FFVII. There are many places which cannot be accessed anymore due to certain events.

And just to let you know, there are many miss-able items in FFIX.
    Check this guide out if you want to know what they are:

GameFAQs: Final Fantasy IX (PS) Miss-able Items FAQ by Rebirth Flame

Thanks PuPu, but looking at the guide before I even play it will be a massive spoiler itself, I'll visit it once I start to play the game, ya know?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Despite looks quina is an amazing character recruit him as soon as possible because he is an amazing blue mage.

The best party is

Zidane
    Garnet/dagger
    Quina
    Steiner

I destroyed the game with these.

I'm swear there's a guy called Amarat, is he poor in gameplay or something?

Banned

It's not actually a complete walkthrough of FFIX; it just lists the items that can be missed throughout the game and how to get them. The only spoilers are names of locations, if you consider them to be spoilers.

As for the characters, you will know how good they are once you meet them. I can't really recommend any ones that are really good for you, since I don't know your style of playing. Though I will recommend Vivi though, since Black Magic is actually very useful in FFIX. Unless you don't like Black Magic or something.

Quote Originally Posted by demondude55 View Post
    Despite looks quina is an amazing character recruit him as soon as possible because he is an amazing blue mage.

The best party is

Zidane
    Garnet/dagger
    Quina
    Steiner

I destroyed the game with these.
    You can "destroy the game" with any character(s) you know...
    Last edited by PuPu; 08-15-2007 at 02:45 PM.

I wasn't suggesting that he try to get it by disk one (I didn't know you could, other then stealing it from said boss). But yeah, you're better off just buying it then trying to steal it. It's not that long before you reach Treno after disk one anyway.

EDIT: Wow, my reaction time sucks.

Banned

Yeah, so buying a Mythril Sword in Treno is the best option here. Buying two would be even better.

I'm guessing this weapon will be unbelievably pricey...?