Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Xurts View Post
    Squall had childhood problems that explained the way he was, and had good reason to be that way.
    OOC:I haven't played the game in a while, but FFVIII Disc 3 Spoilersdidn't none of them remember their childhoods because of GFs?
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xurts View Post
    Squall had childhood problems that explained the way he was, and had good reason to be that way.
    OOC:I haven't played the game in a while, but FFVIII Disc 3 Spoilersdidn't none of them remember their childhoods because of GFs?
    (SPOILER)They gradually remembered them once Irvine mentioned the orphanage. Squall had only recently junctioned a GF, so he was the first to remember when Irvine mentioned it.

No, no, no, Xurts; I believe that Vivi isn't in the slightest ever depressed and it's completely understandable how the little guy has the right to be sad, cause he gets pushed around at every village/town/city you go to, people always blaming him for what's happened because of his unkindly appearance to the Black Mages. His kind is very enigmatic and small, he was split from them at a very young age, from what I've seen, and raised in a world full of humans and the usual races. The kid's confused when he sees Black Mages, and questions if he's one of them constantly because he wants to find an official answer to his existence. Vivi thinks a lot for a young child, and is courageous, brave and has lot of confidence which others don't see, except for the party. That's why I respect and acknowledge Vivi, he isn't just useful for one spell, but a valuable friend to the party as well.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

(SPOILER)@Xurts: For a start, Vivi looks very different from the other black mages. For all anyone knows, he is a more advanced version. In fact, he is an advanced version which is why he lives longer. But he is just curious to find out who created him and what his expected life span is. How can you plan your life if you dont know whether you're gonna live to 3 or 300?

And at least Vivi had a reason to be scared, because he realised that he was likely to die any day soon. And he was right, because he dies at the end of FFIX.

Personally, I dont have anything against Squall either, except for the fact that he was involved in the most fake 'love' ever. Also, he's a bit pathetic. Some people deal with their problems, but Squall couldnt. He had plenty of years to accept them, unlike Vivi. Yet Vivi, unlike Squall, faced up to his problems and confronted them. He stood up for himself and his race and that takes courage - courage that Squall didnt have.

Anyway, I leave for abroad soon, so I have little time for discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    No, no, no, Xurts; I believe that Vivi isn't in the slightest ever depressed and it's completely understandable how the little guy has the right to be sad, cause he gets pushed around at every village/town/city you go to, people always blaming him for what's happened because of his unkindly appearance to the Black Mages.
    Wait until you progress farther in the game, he isn't too bad at first but he gets super emo at times, and he always has a depressed/moody vibe to him. At least that what it seems like to me.

Vivi gets picked on in towns sometimes because he resembles Brahne's Black Mages, so people are naturally going to be hostile towards him. Vivi's problem is that he never stands up for himself when people question him. If he would actually defend himself and speak up he would never have a problem with people. Of course, Vivi never does that because he's such a shy, depressed little thing that would never hurt anyone even if he was being attacked (Black Waltz 3 being the exception since Vivi is actually pretty awesome in that scene). See what would happen if he didn't take from anyone?

he was split from them at a very young age, from what I've seen, and raised in a world full of humans and the usual races. The kid's confused when he sees Black Mages, and questions if he's one of them constantly because he wants to find an official answer to his existence.
    I see how that would be confusing, but as soon as he sees Black Mages he should immediately realize they're the same. It can't be anymore obvious that they're the same, yet he still questions it for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    (SPOILER)@Xurts: For a start, Vivi looks very different from the other black mages. For all anyone knows, he is a more advanced version. In fact, he is an advanced version which is why he lives longer. But he is just curious to find out who created him and what his expected life span is. How can you plan your life if you dont know whether you're gonna live to 3 or 300?

And at least Vivi had a reason to be scared, because he realised that he was likely to die any day soon. And he was right, because he dies at the end of FFIX.

Personally, I dont have anything against Squall either, except for the fact that he was involved in the most fake 'love' ever. Also, he's a bit pathetic. Some people deal with their problems, but Squall couldnt. He had plenty of years to accept them, unlike Vivi. Yet Vivi, unlike Squall, faced up to his problems and confronted them. He stood up for himself and his race and that takes courage - courage that Squall didnt have.

Anyway, I leave for abroad soon, so I have little time for discussion.
    (SPOILER)Vivi isn't an advanced version, but instead a prototype. Luckily he lives longer than normal Black Mages do.

Squall being socially detached was his way of dealing with his problem. He didn't want to experience the same hurt he felt when Ellone left, so he chose not to become emotionally attached or rely on anyone. Fortunately he meets Rinoa who breaks him out of his funk.

Vivi only defends himself a couple of times throughout the entire game. The Black Waltz 3 battle being the most significant. He's more shy and afraid than he is courageous.

Courage? You think Squall didn't have courage? Squall shows courage countless times throughout the game. He confronts Edea and Seifer head-on without help, saves Rinoa several times (Garden battle, coma, space, sorceress memorial, etc.), and even enters time compression without any real certainty of what would happen. No courage? That's absurd. I do have respect for Vivi, but saying he has more courage than Squall? No.
    Last edited by Xurts; 08-24-2007 at 04:07 AM.

UPDATE - Alrighty, just got out of the lifa tree and it was amazing...the amount of EXP and AP was astounding, because I was struggling before. Eiko's a funny little bugger!

Characters are levels - 29-32 (Tell me if it's OK or not - I like to know other peoples levels)

I've got to go back to Maiden Sai, any advice before I go there?
    Also, will I be able to control Steiner anytime in the remainder of Disc 2, and Freya?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Don't worry you will.

UPDATE - Alrighty, just got out of the lifa tree and it was amazing...the amount of EXP and AP was astounding, because I was struggling before. Eiko's a funny little bugger!

Characters are levels - 29-32 (Tell me if it's OK or not - I like to know other peoples levels)

I've got to go back to Maiden Sai, any advice before I go there?
    Also, will I be able to control Steiner anytime in the remainder of Disc 2, and Freya?
    I think I was around 30 when I went back to Madain Sari. I fought Hilgigars at 25 and was lucky enough to steal the Fairy Flute.

You won't be able to control Steiner and Freya again until disc 3.

UPDATE - I've got to go to the Black Mage Village, again, and I've just commandeered the boat, Narcissa; on disc three, and I'm planning to do some level grinding and item finding fun before I resume the story.

Character level - 35-40 (I have returned with the original party: Dagger, Zidane, Vivi and Steiner) - I've noticed that Dagger randomly will be inactive to input commands on unfortunate occasions, but I don't really care.

The usual question and a bit more: Are my levels good enough for the next boss, and where can I get a better weapon than the Coral Sword, for Steiner and a weapon for Zidane which is higher than 44 in attack?

Also, would it be possible to take on Grand Dragons at this stage, what tactics should I use, and what amount of EXP are we looking at, also care to give a rough estimate on how much HP it has?

Banned

You don't need to overlevel. Seriously, your stats are fine. But if you still want to...

Grand Dragons have roughly 13000 HP. They give 8800 XP and 3 AP. They are level 60, so they are quite powerful and their attacks can most likely kill a character in one hit. But their most devastating attack is when they decide to cast Thundaga on all characters. If you have a Coral Ring, equip it to absorb Thunder Elemental damage. You should also equip the Antibody ability, since they can also inflict Venom status on your characters. The best way to kill them is to have Quina cast Level 5 Death. This can be learned by Eating a Whale Zombie on the shore near Esto Gaza.

And I'm assuming you are planning on fighting these on the plateau above Gizamaluke's Grotto, since you don't have the Airship and most likely don't have a Gold Chocobo yet. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    You don't need to overlevel. Seriously, your stats are fine. But if you still want to...
    Is that so, what level is efficient enough for the upcoming boss?

And I'm assuming you are planning on fighting these on the plateau above Gizamaluke's Grotto, since you don't have the Airship and most likely don't have a Gold Chocobo yet. Right?
    You are correct, and it would take me around 6-7 turns to probably defeat this dragon, cause my attacks take away around 2500 on average, but probably 2000 because it's dragon type, this would work more in Freya's department. I might just challenge them when I'm level 50, it's too difficult right now, so I'll just settle with Garudas.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Isn't Eiko a little honey?
    ...Geddit?

Banned

Is that so, what level is efficient enough for the upcoming boss?
    The next boss isn't going to be until a little later, so about level 38 is fine. Make sure you manage to steal the Holy Lance from it, since it is the third best lance in the game.

The thing is, would I need the Holy Lance, cause I won't be using Freya?

If you don't use Freya ever then the answer is no, don't bother.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?