Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommendation

Default Recommendation

I've contemplated thoughts of purchasing the game, and have reached the conclusion of doing so, but I haven't bought it yet for I'm thinking of ordering it.

Anyway, I want to know your personal thoughts and opinions on the game, name some of the appealing features and the disadvantages, but leave out spoilers. Thank you.

Hazzard out !!!
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

It really is a fun game to play. Great characters and story. The game itself is just plain beautiful. Highly recommend it.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

It's up there on my top three. It's incredibly good with a brilliant story, excellent characters and it's got tons of references to the older games. I think it's better than the two before it definetly.

Better than VII and VIII? I highly doubt it, but look forward to finding out...anymore opinions?

Well it all boils down to opinion. I find it just barely above FFVII and lightyears ahead of FFVIII. Mind due I think that most FF games are light years ahead of FFVIII If it wasn't for Quistis that game would get none of the love that I give it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by f f freak View Post
    Well it all boils down to opinion. I find it just barely above FFVII and lightyears ahead of FFVIII. Mind due I think that most FF games are light years ahead of FFVIII If it wasn't for Quistis that game would get none of the love that I give it.
    I find it just below ff7, and far above ff8, and I actually liked ff8. This one, 7, and 10 are my top 3. 7, 9, then 10.

Banned

FFIX has the cheapest and hardest optional boss in the entire series. Whether you consider than an advantage or disadvantage is up to you.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

It's the best game in the series and that's enough to buy it!
    You have some great music, story, character design, FMVs, and sidequests, so it deems the best.
    The person in my av tells all.
    Last edited by Ashley Schovitz; 08-07-2007 at 02:26 AM.

Yellow Winged Angel

It's the last good FF game; definitely get it. There are a lot of references and tributes to the older FF games, which is nice. It has the best characters in the series (better than 6 IMO), and pretty much everything about it is awesome.

PS: FF8 > All of you combined x 4854561.

Quote Originally Posted by Xurts View Post
    It's the last good FF game; definitely get it. There are a lot of references and tributes to the older FF games, which is nice. It has the best characters in the series (better than 6 IMO), and pretty much everything about it is awesome.

I like the sarcasm in your post. You see when you put FF8 you obviously pressed the wrong number and meant 9.

I like the sarcasm in your post. You see when you put FF8 you obviously pressed the wrong number and meant 9.
    Oh no, I made no mistake there. I meant to say FF8.

There's no need to try and cover up your mistake with lies. We accept that people occasionally make silly little errors like the one you did.

There's no need to try and cover up your mistake with lies. We accept that people occasionally make silly little errors like the one you did.
    I'm sorry, it seems that there is no hiding my mistakes from you. What I should have said was:

FF8 > FF9 + planet earth

I like your comments, and I will get it then, but I still doubt it will blow my mind as much as:

FF's; 7, 8, 10 and 12...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Alright Hazz, check this out. IMO, PS started the new gen of FF, and with the other two, which you've played, I feel VII was a better overall GAME (battle mechanics, gameplay, minigames, just overall GAME) whereas VIII had the edge in story (slightly) and overall cinematic feel.

I feel that FFIX combines the best of both worlds, it's probably the best "all-around" game in the series. But I feel that in doing everything really good, the battles weren't as fun as in VII and the story wasn't as original or great as VIII. It's still a great game though and considering you've played the other games I definately recommend it. You'll like it.