Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega Mark XII or Yiazmat?

Smile Omega Mark XII or Yiazmat?

Which one is harder to beat Omega Mark XII or Yiazmat? I have beaten Yiazmat in about 6.5 hours and 32 stages. I am dreading Omega Mark XII. Give me your opinions please!

Thanks, Paula

Banned

Omega just hits hard. Yiazmat hits pretty hard and you have to worry about statuses like Stop, Petrify, and Sap. Not to mention that his physical attack can randomly cause Death and he can kill a character in one hit with his Death Strike attack.

Yiaz is definitely harder.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    Omega just hits hard. Yiazmat hits pretty hard and you have to worry about statuses like Stop, Petrify, and Sap. Not to mention that his physical attack can randomly cause Death and he can kill a character in one hit with his Death Strike attack.

Yiaz is definitely harder.
    PUPU HAS SPOKEN! THIS THREAD CAN BE CLOSED NOW!

Both are easier then your average uber-boss for various reasons but I would say Yiazmat is harder then Omega.

Articles
    Blog Entries

And them Reasons are?

Due to Omega XII's attack patterns (ie only using attack) it's very easy to beat him by abusing the famous Reverse/Lure stratagy. At high enough levels you can basically set your gambits and let your characters do the work for you, but even at lower levels (60-70) the boss fight require minimal input from the player.

Yiazmat is similar. After setting semi-decent gambits the only time I had to touch the controller during the first half of the battle was when my party leader was killed and the game asks you to select a new one. After half way I actually had to input commands every so often due to deathstrike spammage but even then things were relatively straightforward. It not until his last 5 million HP or so when he actually becomes challenging and if it wasn't for the fact that you can leave the arena without consequence he would actually be rather hard. As it is though, the fact that you can leave to re-stock Chronos Tears and recover your MP means that the last leg of the battle can easily be undertaken in several smaller chunks which drastically reduces the difficulty.

Karellen I have played VII (beat both emerald & ruby weapon), X, X-2, and am working on XII and I am positive Yiazmat has been the hardest boss/mark I have ever beaten. So I don't get that it is easier than an under boss?!?!?!

Thanks, Paula

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by PJLinwood View Post
    Karellen I have played VII (beat both emerald & ruby weapon), X, X-2, and am working on XII and I am positive Yiazmat has been the hardest boss/mark I have ever beaten. So I don't get that it is easier than an under boss?!?!?!

Thanks, Paula
    Ozma is far harder then anything in VII X, X-2 or XII.

In fact Emerald and Ruby where pathetic side bosses because of cheap materia combos.

Thanks, Paula
    Yiazmat and Omega XII are significantly easier then Omega and Shinryu from FFV, Penance and the last few Dark Aeons from FFX, Iron Giant in FFIII (DS) and debatable Ozma in FFIX. These either require much more proficient use of stratagy then the FFXII uber bosses or require far more leveling.

That being said, I think Yiazmat/Omega's status as the 'uber' bosses of FFXII is debatable at best. Despite having much lower HP, I found Zodiarc to be significantly more challenging.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Karellen View Post

Thanks, Paula
    Yiazmat and Omega XII are significantly easier then Omega and Shinryu from FFV, Penance and the last few Dark Aeons from FFX, Iron Giant in FFIII (DS) and debatable Ozma in FFIX. These either require much more proficient use of stratagy then the FFXII uber bosses or require far more leveling.

That being said, I think Yiazmat/Omega's status as the 'uber' bosses of FFXII is debatable at best. Despite having much lower HP, I found Zodiarc to be significantly more challenging.
    I disagree with some statements. The only one that is harder than them is Ozma.

Omega and Shinryu from FFV
    Well, if you are going to include the cheap trick of Reverse+Lure, I'll include the cheap tricks of:

Omega:
    1. !Sshot+2 swords+Swd Magic Bolt 3. Killed in 1-2 attacks.
    2. Casting Stop.

Shinryu:
    1. 2 Dragon Lances+Jump. If three characters have this, he'll go down in one hit.
    2. Casting Berserk.

And lets not forget the infamous Kiss of Blessing trick.

Penance and the last few Dark Aeons from FFX
    Forget about Zanmato?

Iron Giant in FFIII (DS)
    Can't say much about this...

debatable Ozma in FFIX
    Debatable? Ozma has his cheap trick of automatically getting to attack before any character gets to make an action, and not to mention, strong attacks like Curse and Meteor, which can almost always wipe out your party in one hit to his disposal. The only debatable things here are luck, or how high leveled you are. Of course if you are overleveled, maybe 70+, then he's much easier than at, say, level 60.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Forget about Zanmato?
    Zanmato? Thats random to use, + its cheap as well. Not much of a challenge.

Well, not exactly random, the more gil you give Yojimbo, the higher chance he does the big Z.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balthier Rocks View Post

Forget about Zanmato?
    Zanmato? Thats random to use, + its cheap as well. Not much of a challenge.

Well, not exactly random, the more gil you give Yojimbo, the higher chance he does the big Z.
    Exactly. I posted that cheap move because he posted the cheap Reverse+Lure trick.

Another vote for Pupu!

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

No matter how hard you try you can't beat the PuPu, he is, the Chosen One.

If you are going to include the cheap trick of Reverse+Lure, I'll include the cheap tricks of: Omega: 1. !Sshot+2 swords+Swd Magic Bolt 3. Killed in 1-2 attacks. 2. Casting Stop. Shinryu: 1. 2 Dragon Lances+Jump. If three characters have this, he'll go down in one hit. 2. Casting Berserk. And lets not forget the infamous Kiss of Blessing trick.
    The Sshot combo requires mastery in two jobs and something like level 4 or 5 (I can’t remember the exact level when Magic Knights gain access to Thundaga) in the others. Unless you were planning it from the beginning, chances are you’ll have to grind in the last area for some time to get those jobs up that far. Similarly, acquiring even a single dragon lance takes ages due to the moderate scarcity of Crystal Dragons and the fact that the lance are rare steals. Acquiring 8 is a nightmare. Omega XII only requires equipment, levels and magic that you could already easily obtain by the point in which you fight him.

In addition, while the above tactics make Omega significantly easier then they would otherwise, they are still moderately annoying. Kiss of Blessing trick might get rid of Omega’s hideous counter attacks, but it will give him enough strength to cause serious damage to, if not one-shot, your characters. Considering at average levels it will take you at least 3 turns to take him out, your still in serious danger of losing your attacker and your whole strategy falling apart. Similar problems arise with Shinryu unless you’ve deck out your party with dragon lances as above. With the Reverse+ Lure strategy you aren’t even in remote danger of losing to Omega XII. I didn’t realize that Omega was susceptible to stop though. I admit that that would have a significant effect on his difficulty.
    Forget about Zanmato?
    To be honest, yes. To be fair though, I don't really think abusing a boss' weaknesses is really the same as using an instant-kill attack. At least the former requires some kind of stratagy
    Debatable? Ozma has his cheap trick of automatically getting to attack before any character gets to make an action, and not to mention, strong attacks like Curse and Meteor, which can almost always wipe out your party in one hit to his disposal. The only debatable things here are luck, or how high leveled you are. Of course if you are overleveled, maybe 70+, then he's much easier than at, say, level 60.
    I say debatable because it’s easy enough to continually retry the battle until you get favorable conditions. Omza can be impossible or a complete pushover depending on what attacks he plans on using against you.
    Last edited by Karellen; 08-09-2007 at 03:13 PM.