Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Such a long wait!

By the time when FF13 is out, the price of PS3 should be cheaper. I might buy both at that time, it's probably worth it. I mean, if FF13 has delayed for so many years, then the price of PS3 will be cheaper in every year or so.

I'm a proud owner of a PS3 and cotrary to popular belief there are already some fine games on the system Oblivion is awesome, Ninja Gaiden Sigma is great and then there's the likes of The Darkness, Resistance Fall of man and F.E.A.R one thing I don't like is people's obsession with exclusives. FF XIII will in all likelyhood be a PS3 exclusive and I reall feel for XBOX 360 owners in this regard. Couple of games on that system I'd love to play too. It is a long wait for FF XIII but as has been said before, that's part of the reason these games are so special.
    I will never be a memory.

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

All PS3 games have a long wait, I'm still waiting for Ninja Gaiden Sigma, supposed to be released, just need to drive 1:30h to find a store that actually has it.
    Last edited by Hyperion4444; 08-29-2007 at 08:21 PM.

If i were Playstation CEO, I would have made the starting price 400$.
    It would have been a terrible lost, but worth it!
    (How many compagnies would be bankrout by doing a sytem that is just too good?)

By making it 400$, the support would have been more vast. (because the game compagnies create their games on systems that sold alot and fast, like Nintendo Wii.)

But even with 360 one year advance (like PS2 had) the sales doesn't compare to the huge success the PS2 had in it's time!
    Nintendo Wii already surpassed X360 in sales in less than a year!
    While Playstation 3 got a quick boost this year.

The game compagnies don't want to make games on a system if it's not going to be sold, and they base themselves on the sales, not considering that people might purchase the game and wait later to buy the system.
    But thoses who really looses making exclusives, is X360.
    X360 = 10 millions
    Wii = 7.7 millions
    PS3 = 3.3 millions
    this was taking in June and things changed

X360 officially has 30% failure rate for the red ring of death. meaning:
    10,000,000-30%=about 7,000,000 X360 actually works, with a year advance!
    And considering that thoses failures ended up in people re-buying their system:
    10,000,000-30%*2= 4,000,000 purchased a X360, with a year advance!
    Unlike thoses compagnies, I know my math.

If you want to debate this, go ahead.

The 30% failure rate is only for disk scratching, cracking and hacking, And doesn't include X360 that just doesn't work(like core rebuilts) when you buy them, runs out after a short while and thoses who occasionnally self-explodes.
    (Perharps it reallised it was a Xbox and decided to commit suicide? I don't know but it happened!)

In conclusion, the 'X360 Exclusives' are PC games.
    So again the debate of, why buy an xbox if you have a PC. comes back.
    While Xbox 360 didn't even offer a wireless controller until Wii/PS3 arrived on the market just shows us that it's just for the Green.

Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    XII isn't even a year old, so it's not that long of a wait. Waiting for a new single-player one between X and XII was a real long wait.
    Hehe! I'm guessing that like a lot of people, you aren't counting FF X-2from 2003, I don't blame you from what I've heard about it though! :)
    ffX was made in 2003 and then ff1-2 wich was a huge disapointment its so cheesy cant wait though for XII

FF X was Dec 2001
    FF XI was Oct 2003(PC version)
    FF X-2 was Nov 2003
    FF VII: DoG was Aug 2006
    FF XII was Oct 2006

Which game is the best? I like FF X best. I'm excited about FF XII: RW on November 20th!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Chocobo

Which game is the best? I like FF X best. I'm excited about FF XII: RW on November 20th! [/quote]

Same FFX rocks ive only just started on XII they hav changed to much for my liking i like the game play of X cause you can just leave them in battle.

Remember how Japan's release date is always 4 months before an N/A release...
    Welcome back to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifleheim7 View Post
    For me it's not going to be a long wait (even if it gets released by the end of 2009 in Europe) because i have many FF's and other games that i want to play/finish!
    Although when SE starts to throw us more promotional stuff (screenshots,videos) the waiting will start to get real hard.
    I promised myself that I would not look at those pictures/videos however I have managed to see everyone that is released

*sigh* Yeah, its pretty much impossible for it not to get pushed back. Its only 13% done and they have been working on it for like... a year? Oh well, this one is going to be so amazingly awsome. I am like doubly phycked for this one than I was for XII.
    From what we have been seeing, I believe that Lightning (if that's her name) will be the charater that the magority of the story will be based around, however that Joshua Ritz (or whatever his name is) might control the bulk of the story... who knows?

I wish square would give us more info!! Actually, no I don't because then the wait would seem exruciatingly long....

Love ya, Square!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I think they actually said something about delaying the release because of the high price on the PS3 awhile back....but of course I don't think that will be necessary with all the time it's gonna take for them to develop the game :P

Same FFX rocks ive only just started on XII they hav changed to much for my liking i like the game play of X cause you can just leave them in battle.[/QUOTE]

Are you getting FF XII: RW on the day it comes out(Nov 20th in Usa) like I am?
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Squenix's FFXIII is more than 80% finished.
    The 13% was just a bad joke of IGN.

Pink Grin yes

Are you getting FF XII: RW on the day it comes out(Nov 20th in Usa) like I am?[/quote]

yeh i cant wait

FFXIV Character

A'nako Suri (Hyperion)

I liked FFX and X-2 they were great. FFXII was also a great game, but i miss the random battles, and the romance too lol. I think they should release anew FF with the old turn based system, and maybe even a job system that would be awesome :P

Quote Originally Posted by pspkilla View Post
    I liked FFX and X-2 they were great. FFXII was also a great game, but i miss the random battles, and the romance too lol. I think they should release anew FF with the old turn based system, and maybe even a job system that would be awesome :P
    I cant tell whether you are joking or not. XD.

Squenix's FFXIII is more than 80% finished.
    I strongly, strongly doubt that. Noone knows how much FFXIII has been completed, but its gonna be a long, long time before its released.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky