Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shaved, Trimmed, or Unshaved? (To Girls)

No, see, then it becomes a waiting game. My girlfriend demands I shave everytime we see each other. I hate shaving though because it is boring and when I am on vacation, I don't want to shave, I do that enough for work. She told me that if I don't shave, she won't shave her legs. I told her "Fine, don't."

It took her about five minutes to give in. I laughed at her, said "Don't play my games". I eventually shaved the next day though.

Girls will typically give in before guys will. Simply because girls value their appearance more and hairy legs do not feel good in the typical jeans that girls wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    No, see, then it becomes a waiting game. My girlfriend demands I shave everytime we see each other. I hate shaving though because it is boring and when I am on vacation, I don't want to shave, I do that enough for work. She told me that if I don't shave, she won't shave her legs. I told her "Fine, don't."

It took her about five minutes to give in. I laughed at her, said "Don't play my games". I eventually shaved the next day though.

Girls will typically give in before guys will. Simply because girls value their appearance more and hairy legs do not feel good in the typical jeans that girls wear.
    Your girlfriend just gave in too easy. It's not playing the game, if you give in before it's began. An the jean hair thing I don't understand. A woman's hair would have to be pretty thick before she could feel it whilst in clothes! She'd have to be coated like a dog for that!

Articles

Mine grows in patches. Once it gets to a certain length it just looks ridiculous so I'm usually clean shaved. I do prefer a bit of a trimmed one though.

She understands me. That is why she gave in so easily. We play the game with a lot of things, both of us hanging on as long as we need for the other one to give up. She knows that I won't concede on certain things first, so it is just easier to give up immediatley rather than have it drag on. She also knows that I'll eventually shave after the game is up, simply because it makes her happy. Our relationship is full of joking competitions like that.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I look like Grizzly Adams.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    I tried to get stu to grow a beard, and just when it was starting to get cute, he left my influence and shaved it off!

at least it hurt him terribly! Serves you right stu for going against my wishes!
    ;.;
    I might try it again when school starts up! Then I could fit in with philosophy kids!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa View Post
    That doesn't take females long to accept. An a smart woman would just beat him at his own game, an tell him if he can be a hairy beast, so can she. Their not going to stay hairy faced, if it means their girlfriend is going to be hairy legged.
    Sweeping Assumption That Every Woman Should Share Your Opinion C-C-COMBO BREAKER
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudDragon View Post
    Mine grows in patches. Once it gets to a certain length it just looks ridiculous so I'm usually clean shaved. I do prefer a bit of a trimmed one though.
    That's the problem I ran into. Some spots were a little thick, but there were random spots where it just wouldn't grow. It was kinda yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy View Post
    I think it depends on the guy. Some suit it, and some really do not. I prefer clean shaven though
    Yeah, I pretty much feel the same way.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I tried giving stu the 'I'm tired of shaving my legs' shpiel, but he just threatened to shave his head if I gave it up:]

anaisa, I think you have a hair phobia or something. I dont' think letting guys have facial hair is standards dropping. My dad shaved everyday back when he worked at a food processing plant (but kept a moustache) and the day he quit was the day he started growing a beard and he's had one ever since then. I can't imagine my dad without a beard, really.

Besides, RSL's beard made him quite fetching, I think!

Heck, even the bible thinks that guys should have long flowing beards! It's the way that guys seem inclined to grow, so it can't be too bad. Maybe you should start appreciating natural things and let your leg hair grow even if you're not making a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    Sweeping Assumption That Every Woman Should Share Your Opinion C-C-COMBO BREAKER
    Dozy assumption based on your inability to read posts properly. Look again:
    when they're old enough to accept that no matter what they think of their womanly advice, a man is only going to change his appearance to suit what women want so much. we're lazy creatures, and facial hair will grow....aside from some few races of people.
    My post responded to this one. The sort of women that are mentioned in that post, were the same sort of women I was referring to in my post. So it's not an assumption every woman agrees with me, I'm referring to a certain group of women, that do agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    I tried giving stu the 'I'm tired of shaving my legs' shpiel, but he just threatened to shave his head if I gave it up:]
    You don't have another threat to counter that one?

anaisa, I think you have a hair phobia or something. I dont' think letting guys have facial hair is standards dropping. My dad shaved everyday back when he worked at a food processing plant (but kept a moustache) and the day he quit was the day he started growing a beard and he's had one ever since then. I can't imagine my dad without a beard, really.
    If a woman had hairy legs, most men would look upon that badly, an nobody would think that was weird. If I say I look upon men having facial hair badly, that's considered to be weird. Because society has taught people it's ok for men to have a hairy face, but not for women to have hairy legs. I make up my own mind.

Besides, RSL's beard made him quite fetching, I think!
    I've just thought of what you can counter threaten the shaved head with! Tell him if he shaves his head, you're going to start wearing an RSL style stick on beard, because you think it'd make you look quite fetching.

Heck, even the bible thinks that guys should have long flowing beards! It's the way that guys seem inclined to grow, so it can't be too bad. Maybe you should start appreciating natural things and let your leg hair grow even if you're not making a statement.
    No way! I wouldn't even let my hair grow for a statement. My threaten men with hairy leggedness game, is not something I need to practice. I appreciate nice natural things, like animals. Not horrible natural things, like human leg hair.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nice natural. And who is the definer of that, you?

Anaisa is the Definer of All. The Keeper of Knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    Nice natural. And who is the definer of that, you?
    I'm expressing my own opinion. I would have thought that was obvious. If I say somethings nice, it means I think it's nice. That's not straightforward enough for you?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like beards on some guys, but I hate stubble. It hurts.

My boss will execute me on spot if I don't shave. =D

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDragon View Post
    So girls, what do you think about facial hair on men?

A nice bearded guy, a clean and trim shave, or a complete shave?

Guys you can answer too if you like on your own preference.
    umm... i'd have to say either a clean and trim shave or a complete shave.