Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What was the last play you saw?

Quote Originally Posted by Cz View Post
    I'm off to see the Monty Python musical, Spamalot, tomorrow, which ought to be a lot of fun.
    You lucky bastard.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

An unknown quantity Disco Potato's Avatar

I saw "Flowers for Algernon" at my high school last year. It was a great play, and the acting was wonderful for high school standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post
    Rent's been around for a while, my sister dragged us all to see it a few years ago. Me and my mom left before intermission. My dad was forced to watch the play.

Wait, isn't "Everyone and their Uncle has AIDS" what they called it in Team America?
    In Team America, "Rent" was called "Lease" or something like that, and it had a song called "Everyone has AIDS"

Quote Originally Posted by persephonehermione View Post
    I like Rent though............................

...........................Am I the only one??
    I like Rent too, although some of the characters annoy me

Ciddieless since 2004

Hamlet. That was three years ago, I think. It was okay.

EDIT: Or maybe it was Juno and the Paycock. I dunno. Both were three years ago anyway.
    Last edited by Odaisé Gaelach; 08-09-2007 at 01:30 AM.
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec

I'm off to see the Monty Python musical, Spamalot, tomorrow, which ought to be a lot of fun.
    You lucky bastard.
    QFT x 13783.

Uhm; I guess it was "Falling Leaves". This thing about AIDs victims written and performed by AIDs victims themselves. It wasn't very good theatrically, although the message was beautiful.

The last BEST piece of theatre I've seen was this thing called "Don't Look Back" a few months ago. It was promenade theatre and ohhhh It was loosely based on this ancient Greek myth and they made us walk all around this abandoned hotel (which they'd done up) and different rooms would have different scenes. It was just breathtaking. I've never been so moved by a piece of theatre in my whole life

One of the BEST scenes that comes to mind now is when we walked (without guides and in groups of three) into this small dark room, and all of a sudden there's light from above us, and we realise we're actually standing in what's supposed to represent a coffin, and the light comes because the guy above has just lifted the coffin lid. And he's mourning and dropping petals down on us and we're just staring back up at him... jbjewhjw
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by persephonehermione View Post

I like Rent though............................

...........................Am I the only one??
    Nope, you aren't the only one.

The last off-Broadway play I went to see was Once Upon a Mattress produced by my school. It wasn't mandatory the third time I went to see it and I loved it so much. Sure, it was done by amateurs, but they hardly seemed like it.

The last on Broadway play/musical was The Lion King a couple years ago; which was also my sixth time seeing it. Though, technically speaking, the most recent was Aida. But I saw it via online streaming.

You lucky bastard.
    Quoted for insane amounts of truth.

Last play I saw was also my first play, Driving Miss Diasy, it was enjoyable enough, and I think this weekend I'm seeing Little Shop Of Horrors.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I saw The Woman in Black in London last march. Fantastically frightening :O

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

The last one I saw was "How I Learned to Drive." It wasn't technically manditary if it was for extra credit questions on the final exam, is it?

I want to make it up and see Avenue Q someday.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Jane Eyre. Before that Joseph & The Technicolor Dreamcoat, then before that Les Miserables, then before that Phantom of the Opera.

I don't watch plays. I did watch King Lear as a play due to mandatory participation.

It was one my sister was in...she played a house...I think...I can't remember...

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

The last musical I saw was Man of La Mancha (before that was Wicked and Spamalot).

The last play I was in was the Wizard of Oz (as the title character) in a local church production.

You lucky bastard.
    I second the luckiness.

Hmm, let me think... It would have to have been Little Britain Live. It was alright. Now that I've moved into the city, I plan to go see a lot more theatre.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Oliver! It was....decent?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I LOVE theater!!! I totally suck at acting so I always sign up for backstage work. Unfortunately, the only people interested in seeing a play with me are my grandparents, and for some reason we never get around to watching any XD

So...the last play I saw....well, I was in the light booth, so I can say I saw Phantom of the Tollbooth from the same point of view as the audience.

Technically, the last play I saw without doing backstage stuffs was Pom Pom Zombies. The schools were doing the One Act Play Festival, so we got to put on our play and watch the other schools do theirs too n.n

It's a lovely play about....what was it about....well, there were zombie cheerleaders...that's all I remember, but I did like it! Our middle school did it right after that but I was in high school by then so I didn't get to see it ; ;