Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please answer my questions about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Does anybody still play Arena or Daggerfall? What about the other small budget Elder Scrolls games? Any news on a part 5 to come out?
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

Arena and Daggerfall are also fantastic games, however they're anything but small. Daggerfall is credited as being the biggest game ever made, in terms of the explorable world. Morrowind has about 6 square miles in the world; Oblivion has around 12; Daggerfall has 63,125. It has more than 15,000 towns/dungeons/cities etc.

So don't play Daggerfall if you want to beat a game quickly. Having said that, I don't think anyone can truly appreciate Morrowind and Oblivion without having played Arena and Daggerfall, since there is such a strong connection between the game content.

P.S. The UESP wiki is my favourite Elder Scrolls resource.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Most of Daggerfall is randomly generated though.

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

I've had Oblivion now for like 6 months (maybe more closer to a year by now), and I still play it here and there... especially when I got the new expansions... lol

I'll just say, Every time I play, I'm STILL finding new things to do, new dungeons I haven't found before... and all kinds of quests and stuff. lol

It really is one amazing game... I wonder when I'll get around to actually playing through the MAIN story line... haha

My only problem with the game, and I hope they touch up this a little in the future... Is that the item rewards in hidden dungeons... and the items I find, aren't much motivation for exploring, after you've played for a while... I mean... usually I just run through the dungeon either invisible or I kill everything in sight... lol In hopes that Maybe something interesting will be down there, but often I seem a little disapointed.

I just can't wait to see what the future of this series holds... the worlds are always so HUGE!... lol so much content, your head would explode... xD
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

63,000 square miles?! How is that possible for Daggerfall? This is very big!
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
    Most of Daggerfall is randomly generated though.
    And you really do notice it. Well, actually quite a bit of Oblivion, especially the natural landscapes, was also generated with a topological engine. There are, of course, certain differences between the two.

I'd love to play Daggerfall, but I simply can't get into it anymore. It's one of those old games that get older every year, if you know what I mean. It's a bit like the first 3d flight simulators.

An awesome game nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    63,000 square miles?! How is that possible for Daggerfall? This is very big!
    It's all flat landscape with a couple of ponds and a few houses here and there.
    Last edited by Discord; 08-23-2007 at 01:27 PM.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Game of the Year Edition will be out next month. It includes Oblivion, Knights of the Nine, and The Shivering Isles, in a new case, but nothing else I believe, it's kinda like a Warcraft 3 battle chest thingie.

Sep 10 - Xbox 360 and PC versions out in Usa
    Sep 11 - PS 3 version out in Usa
    Sep 14 - Xbox 360 and PC versions out in Europe
    Not sure when the PS 3 version comes out in Europe
    Not sure when any version, or if, will come out in Japan

So is anybody here going to be playing Two Worlds? Two Worlds comes out around now and is like Oblivion, but not sure how long it is and how good it is. It's not as popular and the reviews are lower also though. I'll rent it later, probably won't buy it or beat it I'm sure.
    *Last Update 7-25-2008