Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stop drinking from plastic water bottles!

Default Stop drinking from plastic water bottles!

We should stop drinking from plastic water bottles.
    1. It's not good for our health.
    2. It's really, REALLY, bad for the environment.

Producing these bottles wastes A LOT of water (much more than you can drink from the bottles itself) and A LOT of electric power (20 times more than a London household does in average every day.).

PLEASE save the Earth NOW! Stop drinking from plastic water bottles!

"Can sins be forgiven?"
    "I haven't tried."
    "Tried?"
    "Tried."
    "I'm going to try. I'll tell you how it turns out."

-- from Final Fantasy VII Advent Children

Blog Entries

On my english class we once had an argue about this! And it is true bottle water is actually bad for your health! But we came up to a conclusion that we should re-use our plastic bottles instead of bying new ones

After seeing this thread, I'm going to drink from 10 times the amount of plastic water bottles than I'd usually drink from.

Yeah, especially with Aquafina admitting that their water is actually just tap water ... xD And to think that I used to drink Aquafina all the time.
    wheee!

:hello: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HELLO KITTY SMILEY :hello:

Because plastic water bottles will cease production when the members of EoFF cease to consume them. It has been foretold by the elders.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I drank a water bottle last night and felt really sick for a while this morning. Do you think there's a connection?

Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post
    I drank a water bottle last night and felt really sick for a while this morning. Do you think there's a connection?
    Theirs an important life lesson here, Water is bad for you or you just drank urine that was clear.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    Theirs an important life lesson here, Water is bad for you or you just drank urine that was clear.
    Nah, it was definitely water...

...at least I think so.. >_>

..I hope so, or else I have serious psychological issues.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I never drink water! Only sodie pop, milk, and juice for me. But even if I did drink water, I wouldn't pay for it when I could get it from the sink for free.

The only way you would get sick from drinking urine would be if there was something wrong with it. As it is, normal everyday urine has the same qualities as water.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Considering that we are paying the government more taxes for some sort of water purification system in our taps, why does anybody drink bottled water?

I'm very confused by this.

Blog Entries

The message is dont drink from plastic water bottles, not dont drink water from plastic water bottles, so drinking soda from plastic bottles causes the same damage. (apparently)

Anyway if they made glass bottles again or cans that could be closed, i wouldnt need plastic bottles

And why drink tap or bottle water when the rain falling right on your head
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Blog Entries

Probably! you see, they add some chemicals to bottle water so the taste becomes different than normal water! However it's a very small ammount! BUT if people drink all the time bottle water they can have some problems

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    The only way you would get sick from drinking urine would be if there was something wrong with it. As it is, normal everyday urine has the same qualities as water.
    Do currys have an effect on urine? I remember having two currys once and when I went to have a leak, it was surprisingly dark and not bloody but just, not right. OH WELL.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Do currys have an effect on urine? I remember having two currys once and when I went to have a leak, it was surprisingly dark and not bloody but just, not right. OH WELL.
    Don't know about that, but odds are you just didn't drink enough water that day.

Anywho, drinking bottled water is a bad idea for more reasons than just the health effects from the bottle anyway. You don't get many of the minerals you need from water from a lot of bottled water. You're better off drinking tap water.