Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe this.

Default I can't believe this.

I was watching that Final Fantasy retrospective yesterday evening and I discovered a horrible/excellent mistake I had made.

Despite knowing that American Final Fantasies had been renumbered (4 -2 and 6 - 3) I have somehow missed out the Original Final Fantasy 3 altogether. I didn't even know it existed. For some reason my brain let me think that it and 6 were the same game which makes no sense now...

So I've ended up with a completely new Final Fantasy to play and i'm over-joyed! Embarassed as hell though.

Does this thread have a topic?

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Did you never find it odd we had a Final Fantasy 3 forum and a Final Fantasy 6 one?
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Just that I'm an idiot. There isn't really anything else to it .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radje View Post
    Just that I'm an idiot. There isn't really anything else to it .
    Finally, SOMEONE admits it!

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    placeholder_text.jpeg

They don't half make it hard to find a *cough*(SPOILER)Translated ROM*cough* though. I must say.

Could mean a DS is on the cards.

(SPOILER)Well you won't find anything if you don't add SOM2FREAK to your search, honest.

Enjoy the game, this one is one hell of a lot of fun.

Strange how you knew about the number changes, but still manage to miss Final Fantasy III. Still, i imagine that your were pretty happy to find you had a new Final Fantasy, i knew i would have been (though the embaresment may have somwhat canceled it out...)

Enjoy the game. Can i ask, are you emulating, buying NES, or buying DS. Becasue i would reccoment DS, for FFIII, and all the other Final Fantasys and great games too.

Like games, humour, lively communitys and paunchy homosexual men
    dressed in tight green latex (or even just the first three)?
    Come visit zeldauniverse.net
    and their forums!

(SPOILER)Thanks for the hint.

I'm planning on emulating simply because it would feel wrong not to do so having emulated all the other early Final Fantasies (The turbo button is my friend.) However somewhere along the line I'm buying a DS for sure in order to play the remake and also for all the other games that are good for the handheld.

It was pretty embarrassing once I realised how obvious my mistake was. I've remembered why I started thinking that both games were the same. Most importantly was the first time, years ago, when I was introduced to all of the Final Fantasies before VII the person who handed me the copies had obviously missed out III by accident and instead put the imported American version of VI. So I had seen the games were identical and never thought more about it.

Secondly though, having never, ever visited this part of the EOFF forums I have never heard a single ounce of stroyline or character information or gameplay of III. It is completely new to me and I can't wait to get cracking on the play-through once I find a good ROM.

(SPOILER)http://www.dgemu.com/search.html Have Fun!

(SPOILER)Every version i've tried has a bad checksum apparently. No doubt i've done something very basic and wrong but this is annoying. Cou;d Snes9x v1.39 be the problem?

(SPOILER)Snes9x is for super nintendo games, the original ffIII was for the nintendo I would try nestopia

Amazing! Thank you very much. I'm not exactly improving my image of stupidity by not realising that I was using a Super Nintendo - only emulator. *Sigh*

Thank you again though. I'll be pinned to the screen for hours.

Lol, at least you can admit your mistake, and type with full grammer.

Oh, and i agree about what you said with the turbo button- saves time with all that level grinding, don't you think?

Like games, humour, lively communitys and paunchy homosexual men
    dressed in tight green latex (or even just the first three)?
    Come visit zeldauniverse.net
    and their forums!