Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I can't believe this.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

A problem with getting a DS is that it costs about 160 euros, which is something I can't afford, really. I played the DS version on an emulator, and for some reason, it now worked pretty well. The only things that lagged badly were the world map and towns. I played the game for about 4 hours and a half, and the save games were working normally (I could save, quit the game, shut down the emulator, load up the emulator and the game again, and the saves were still there), and things looked fine, until it seemed one of the save slots had become corrupt. Maybe I should have saved over that slot, but I didn't... so when I loaded the game next time, all my save slots had disappeared. Oh well, that was my 4.5 hours of playing FFIII DS.

The game felt quite a lot like the NES version. The random encounters seem a lot more infrequent, and the enemies may be slightly harder (I got a game over once when Luneth was wandering alone in the world map and faced two Berserkers, and once when I tried the Kazus mines with only Luneth and Arc), though has the maximum number of enemies you can face at the same time been decreased? The characters all seem pretty nice. Elpizo, I think you're right, Refia is a really sweet character. ^^ With the save games gone, I don't have much left of the game, except my memories... and a screenshot of Refia saying (about Ingus joining the party), "Of course not! His sword is worth twice that of these two."
    Last edited by Sefie1999AD; 09-24-2007 at 09:10 AM.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

I giggled at that part. *removes mind from the gutter*

Blog Entries

I payed $99 for my blue leet DS, FFIII on the DS is one fo my favorite FFs actually.