Thread: The Thief (NES version)

Default The Thief (NES version)

Playing through the game again, I've just got the Thief class and decided to make one of my characters into one. The thing is, it seems the best weapons he can equip are the Mythril Daggers purchased in Kazus and Canaan... am I missing something here?

Probably, but if you're not than just say "screw it."
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Pick up the Thief Gloves in Amur, that will help out a lot. He can equip throwing weapons such as the Boomerang (powerful attack plus back row plus thief's innate high evade=good). He can also equip the Main Gauche and Orhicalon(sp?), as well as the Air Knife. He is a good character because of his high evade. His attack is decent, he can flee from battles, and he unlocks doors for free. Not too bad, really. Like most characters, however, he isn't all that useful immediately after you get him.
    Sigless

Yeah, I just finished the Amur section and left with a full set of Thief gear and two Boomerangs. Goldor's mansion without needing Magic Keys =

I didn't like how the theif in this game couldn't really steal anything worthwhile- all i could find were phoenix Downs from some enemys, Gungir from Odin, and Protect Rings from King Behemoth's.

I liked Zidane in FF9s, where you could steal great weapons and armor from bosses, and ordinary steals where pretty great too. 2nd Place goes to Final Fantasy 6, with a similar system.

Anyway, cool as theifs look and are, i would, as Rengori suggested, say 'screw it'. Go for a differant job, there not all that great. Sorry.

Like games, humour, lively communitys and paunchy homosexual men
    dressed in tight green latex (or even just the first three)?
    Come visit zeldauniverse.net
    and their forums!