Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Meet Up (Aug24-26) - bipper has been murdered! EoFFers, gather funeral money!

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

ROFL!

I guess if I go, I should go alone then. My kids are still too young for it
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Most of the time we don't even know if we are going to go until the last day and we get there early and stay late. We are usually the last ones out of the place. We will not even know what is playing until thrusday or friday then it is a call of do we care about the movies then it is round up time and try to get stuff organized(we suck at this aspect of it). I don't even know when the next time we will go would be. One of our must have crew of three is gone for a few weeks and he is the one with all of the gear...yes I said gear. We go all out.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Tee hee hee.... Forget it then, it is too wild for a mommy!

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm kinda lost now, despite this being my thread, haha.

Lemme try to organize. People who expressed actual interest in going: edzjkahsdfj (can make Chicago or uh, Keno? lol. Where do you even live?), bipper, Avarice (Milwaukee), and Renmiri (if it's not too wild? xD and Chicago).

And we're looking at probably the 24th-26th weekend?

Anyway if this happens it will probably only be very few people meeting then, haha. So uh, post if you're actually serious about it, and confirm about where and when!

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

I am drunk. But yes, I expressed interest. Uhm, I live in New Richmond wisconsin, 54017. You'll see that is directly on the western border. So whatever. I just need a place and date/time. Is alcohol permitted? erhm. what would be the agenda? I am definitely down with Chicago.

I live in a small town called Flossmoor. 60422. South of Chicago...very south. Below I-80 kind of South.

According to google maps this is the situation between Bipper and I.

408 miles – about 6 hours 52 mins

So is this thread dead already? Someone set it up. My calendar is shot wide open. Also what do you mean the 24th - 35th weekend! I em confused! As in like next weekend? Cause yeah, that would be cool by me. Hard set dates and times too plz!

I am cool with driving to chicago, I may bring a friend who knows there area then. Also, if anyone needs a ride, let me know. I will do what I can.

Remiri, I certainly would not bring my kids to meet a buncha freaks off the net But yeah, I will leave mine at home, but I am sure you can bring yours. So yeah, we couldnt have like any pok'e'kid battles or anything. Though I might get drunk and fight ed. I dun know why. I just might.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Haha, it's not dead! But it seems like bipper, ed, and myself would be the only people going? ^_^ *pokes other people* Do you guys mind that it's only like 2 other people? Unless bipper could drop all around the world and pick up everyone else? >=D Haha. Are you gonna pass by Madison, btw? ;-;

Also how long do you want this meetup to last? Becauuuuse if some of us are going a long way to Chicago, are we going to stay overnight? Hotel? Or what.

And besides ed's drive in thingie, what else will we be doing?

I said August 24th-26th weekend, yep. That's next weekend!

ed, are you definite that you're able to go? Because if you have to go to your mom's bday then, then I'ma kick your arse. xD

Renmiri, come~ :</>D

Avarice, you too >=O

More people, come on xD

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by bipper View Post
    Remiri, I certainly would not bring my kids to meet a buncha freaks off the net But yeah, I will leave mine at home, but I am sure you can bring yours. So yeah, we couldnt have like any pok'e'kid battles or anything. Though I might get drunk and fight ed. I dun know why. I just might.
    Tee hee hee! Have you ever seen a mother bear with her cubs ? Molly Weasley, Sarah Connor or Sigorney Weaver got nothing on me!

But if I go I'll leave them with dad, so I won't have to show my fangs

I am free but with a week to go before the show down a lot of this stuff really needs to be worked out and so we

1) Know what we are going to do
    2) Know where we are going to do it
    3) Know the time we are going to do it
    4) Long distance transportation issues

The last reason is the one why this has never been done before. 4 hours of round trip driving can be too much for people. I know Sephex and I proposed this sort of thing at one point but nothing ever happened.

1) Know what we are going to do - meet up
    2) Know where we are going to do it - chicago or something. you locals figure that out.
    3) Know the time we are going to do it - I am open. I would personally like to get at least a hotel room for a night or two
    4) Long distance transportation issues - I can drive down and pick up Jojee in Madison (if that is what you were alluding to) and anyone else who needs a ride. I have a 5 seater station wagon with a bit of an alignment problem, but it is a 2k7 and trustworthy ( I think ).

Me, Jojee, Ed, Renmiri for sure then? I may bring a few more friends with as well. We will see what is up. Go ahead and send tells to people in the area, I am sure I can get two cars going from Minneapolis to chicago. so anything in the area is welcome to tag along - provided I have room. Worse comes to worse, I can get a motorhome. =)

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

If it's in Chicago, I could go for sure...but this is a little too soon for me. I am sure I could bring my sister along. However, like I said, the weekend after next might be too soon for me. Who knows? I'll see how this pans out!

DO IT sephex!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, do it Sephex! And I wanna meet Dixie (MORE ESTROGEN PLZ) too

And yes that is what I was alluding to bipper <3 I could definitely chip in for gas. ^_^ It'd be a lot better (and cheaper probably too) than taking a bus~ :</>D

So,
    Where: Chicago for sure
    Time: I'm guessing people have work on Friday? I only work Mon-Thurs so I'm free Friday the whole day. When will you be able to do it, bipper? Maybe we could meet on Saturday, stay overnight, and head home on Sunday? Dunno, you guys decide.
    What to Do: Ed's drive in thingie, shopping? (mwahaha... *drags you guys along* Nah, I wouldn't do that to you. Maybe.), drinking (for those who want to), ZOO (!! xD there's gotta be a zoo in Chicago), and other Chicago-ish things. I don't really know the city that well. OPEN 2 SUGGESTIONS.

Transportation doesn't seem to be a huge problem I think, but it's a long trip so I'd be good for a hotel too. Lmao, bring your playstations and we can play Final Fantasy xD If you bring your friends, I hope they don't mind being around huge geeks >O And I hope more people from EoFF do want to show up to this!

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr