Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Meet Up (Aug24-26) - bipper has been murdered! EoFFers, gather funeral money!

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sounds great! ^_^ Saturday I pick ZOOOOOO haha. We'd probably have time for both, though!

And Schala, I don't know anyone either, but it'll be fun (and scary, but that's part of the fun?)

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

As long as we hit up an Arcade I am cool with wut you just said. I approve this trip!

If you're going to a museum, I'd suggest the Art Institute or The Museum of Science and Industry. Both are frickin' incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Schala View Post
    If you're going to a museum, I'd suggest the Art Institute or The Museum of Science and Industry. Both are frickin' incredible.
    alright! You should really come.

2 of my buddies are out because of some last minute crap. Lyle and I are still comming though. We may have a certain Chelsie (lyle's friend) comming with us as well. Last minute changes, but I am solid. More room in car! If anyone else needs a ride or wants to jump in on the Midwest eoff superconvention (schala) let me know!

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm in for Zoo! Friday I can't, gotta take my kids to dance class.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Art museum sounds fun too if we have time. ^_^ Then I can rant about how modern art sucks and isn't really art and etc etc.

I'm psyched. And scared! *gets people-phobic* Nah I'm sure it'll be fun. Could someone tell the price of the hotel for both nights by sometime tomorrow? Need to know how much money to bring. :3

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

As for the zoo which one? We have two.

Lincoln Park Zoo is not the better of the two zoos and the rape you for parking but it is free.

Brookfield Zoo is bigger with more exhibits and stuff. It cost money to get in and isn't actually in Chicago but is in Brookfield, IL. I think they may charge for parking also but it is far more reasonable.

Also what do you want to do if it rains? Rain is looking less likely but I never write it off.

Also you would like to think that there is enough time to go to a museum after the Zoo but museums close at like 4 in the afternoon...or close to it...so it really isn't happening to do both.

As for Museum I vote for the Planetarium, Aquarium or Museum of Science and Industry.

If it rains, we get wet!

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I forget what zoo it is but the lions are not fenced in...they just have this gorge that they would have to jump to be able to devour humans

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

If y'all go to the zoo then you must get lots of pictures with monkeys!
    Figaro Castle

Banned

I vote museum of science & industry as well! I like the zoo idea too. I'm not much of an art museum person, though. I hate just looking at art with no explanation; I'm more of a hands-on person. I'd love it if they taught me how to draw or paint or something. Or even history! I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    I forget what zoo it is but the lions are not fenced in...they just have this gorge that they would have to jump to be able to devour humans

Psychotic really wants to kill me for this thread.

Yeah, I am still not 100% who is all staying at the hotel. They are fairly horrid at call backs - and there is not much progress made in that area. It seems like it will be 5 of us Friday, and possibly 10 Saturday. IF we just get one room (130 bucks / 5 = nightly stay) kinda deal. Two rooms (130 *20)/5 and so on. I am not really able to get any deals with out getting 4 rooms lol. So yeah.

The prices seem to deviate little from there. Anyways, I will keep looking, though I have been a bit busy getting the car ready and such. So let me know if anyone stumbles on anything better than that. I will make reservations while en route tommorrow.

So it seems like lodging is about 30 bucks a night, and spending money is all that is needed. So jojee, about 150 - 200 would get you through comfortably. I am bringing about 300 myself.

Alright, I am gonna be running most the night, so I should be back later. *excitement*

wut, where the smurf is everybody? I am leaving in six hours.

See ya about 10 -11am ish Jojo. Be ready! btw, my cell should be working in the morning.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okayy! Cya! Call me when you get into Madison to make sure I'm awake, maybe. xD

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr