Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I quit my job?

I junctioned your GF ;) BardTard's Avatar

I don't have a daughter. And I'm getting my tubes tied so I don't have one.

You shouldn't have to be going through that kind of trouble when you did nothing wrong. You should quit. But, yeah, first look around for another job, so you'll have something else to go to when/if you do quit.
    wheee!

:hello: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HELLO KITTY SMILEY :hello:

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know how you feel, I've been thinking about looking for a new job as well since my management has gone all crazy on me and most of the people I like working with are quitting by the fold.

I would look around and actually try to get another job before you quit. It's much more satisfying to know you have somewhere to go. I've quit plenty of jobs in my time and I will say you don't want to deal with looking for a job while being unemployed (still in debt because of that ). Anyway, good luck and tell those stuck up wenches to go smurf themselves when you finally quit. No one likes dealing with cliques...

Well, I'll go with everyone and tell you to quit soon, but first search for a new job, and question them about their policies before accepting it. About your trouble with "Kathi" and "Janet", well, just be yourself. Maybe she has trouble with you because you are a nice and excellent person, and she doesn't. If still the problem continues, defend yourself when needed, and don't take them seriously. But yeah, find a new job, with a boss and co-workers that care for you also.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Heya~ :]

I had a job in fast food, and I quit after 2 days, I absolutely could not handle it. Also, the fact that I was the only person there who didn't speak Spanish made things difficult as well, as well as the fact that the managers were rather nasty. I think it's a fast food thing, honestly.

It took me a few months after to find another job, but now I have a job in retail at TJ Maxx, and have had it for about two months and I'm much MUCH happier. The people are tons nicer, the managers are nicer, and it's a much more comfortable atmosphere.

So in short, yes, I think you should quit, but if you're not planning on quitting NOW, it might help to apply to some places before then.

i would quit because the boss and janet are rude, and because i could keep my dignity instead of getting fired. but sometimes you shouldnt quit just because someone's being an ass to you. its all up to you =]

tl;dr

Yes.

I don't see why you should quit your job just because of one person. Tell your boss the whole story, maybe file a complaint to have them buy smaller gloves... if you don't have another job, and if you need the money you're getting from it, it wouldn't be wise to quit.
    If you really want to get away from her, what you need to do is start looking for every tiny thing you can find, as irrelevant as they may be, and complain to your boss about them. Eventually one of you is going to be fired, and this way of going out gives you at least a slight chance of keeping your job while getting rid of Janet at the same time.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nitpicking about the boss's friend is probably a sure-fire way to get fired, Værn.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Whats wrong with you guys? Why are we posting serious threads in GC now?
    So we don't have large debates that shift to another topic completely

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    Nitpicking about the boss's friend is probably a sure-fire way to get fired, Værn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Værn View Post
    I don't see why you should quit your job just because of one person. Tell your boss the whole story, maybe file a complaint to have them buy smaller gloves... if you don't have another job, and if you need the money you're getting from it, it wouldn't be wise to quit.
    If you really want to get away from her, what you need to do is start looking for every tiny thing you can find, as irrelevant as they may be, and complain to your boss about them. Eventually one of you is going to be fired, and this way of going out gives you at least a slight chance of keeping your job while getting rid of Janet at the same time.
    I fail to see where I neglected to mention the probability of failure.

I spent a half hour typing a thorough post on six different possible options and their possible outcomes just to make sure that any points I had to make were clear... and my computer crashed on me. I'm not going to retype it D=< (at least not at 2 AM, anyway)
    One point that I made in the post was that one or two people that you have to work with being jerks, a glove issue, and/or some combination of the two wouldn't the best reasons to quit. I can at least manage to retype that much without falling asleep. I'll try remembering what I said in the long post after some sleep.

for one do you live in Napa with all the stuck up Valley Girls cuz Janet Sure sounds like one.... on a more serious note you probably shouldnt quit just do to the glove issue as Værn has said or just because Janet said that you were being mean to her maybe she just took something good the wrong way it happens to me wayyyy too much I try to say something nice and well it happens that it offends them

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No, that's where you go wrong. Eventually no one needs to be fired, because she can just quit. And considering:
    I talked to Kathi, my boss again after that. She then told me that Janet is her right hand woman or something like that, and she's not going to fire her. She told me if Janet has a problem with anybody, they would be leaving, not Janet.
    I'd say quitting's the much better option. People quit jobs all the time; getting fired looks bad for you.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr