Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DS Game

Gaze Upon the Mega Man! JackNapier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    seriously, I'm not hoping for them to be on the PS3, they'd probably do better on the Wii or 360, but far better on the DS, so that's where I expect them
    Took the words right out of my mouth. I think this would be the best route for SE to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifleheim7 View Post
    PSP:
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
    Final Fantasy
    Final Fantasy II
    Final Fantasy Dissidia

DS:
    Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:Ring of Fates
    Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings
    Final Fantasy III
    Final Fantasy IV
    Final Fantasy Fables:Chocobo Tales

5 games for the PSP and 6 for the DS.I think that SE wants to keep a balance between the two systems and not favour one over the other.
    I see what you mean, but SE does give NIntendo more Handheld lovin'. But with the main FF's with Sony, I think we all know who they favour ;) Hopefully Sony's sales will pick up and SE will give them even more lovin'

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Yes. V and then VI will be remade for the DS. The sales and critical reception for the DS versions of III and IV have been VERY nice . . . and, frankly, that's what it's all about. Not us whinny fans or petitions.

I wonder what will happen after they remake VI for DS? Will they be able to do VII for the DS or will there be a new handheld by then that they will have to design for?

I'll just keep hoping. Now that I actually own a DS for III and IV I'm having one hell of a hard time tracking down the GBA versions... I hate how the first six FFs, when made available, stayed available for such short periods of time in the PAL regions! Bastards! Always released close to the end of a console's run, either on PSX or GBA!

VII for DS would be funny; the graphics would probably look even worse :P
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 08-17-2008 at 03:07 PM.

IF V and VI go to the DS, I hope they don't use the same graphics they've been using (III DS/IV DS) for VI. I don't MIND the graphics style, but it's way too cartoony for VI's plot...

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

If V DS used the same art style as III and IV I wouldn't mind so much . . . but VI defnately needs to be slightly less cartoony. Really, I wish they could have designed the graphic style for IV DS to look more like the cut sceens. I understand that it can't be as high res, but at least that same style and sort of porportions. The cartoony style was a slight turn off.

The VI remake should keep sprites similar to how they looked in the intro of the PSX version.

Although, when thinking of FF8's attempt at realistic graphics, I'm not so sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Bastian View Post
    The cartoony style was a slight turn off.
    That, and their voices only seemed to fit their cartoony style. I highly doubt the Cecil in the opening FMV would sound like a pubescent fourteen-year-old... or would he?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

This thread is too old. Try this one.