Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was Sephiroth trying to do?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default What was Sephiroth trying to do?

Last night, I couldn't sleep, and when I can't sleep my mind wanders. For some reason I started thinking about Final Fantasy VII's storyline and how it matches up with FFVIIAC's and I remembered something. In FFVII Sephiroth wanted to damage the earth badly so he could fuse himself into the lifestream therefore becoming a god.

-But- All of a sudden in AC when Cloud asks him what he wants Sephiroth replies "To ride through space with this planet as my vessal just as my mother did." This is clearly different then his original intentions. Which leaves me to wonder...

Did Sephiroth suddenly change his mind in what he wanted?
    Or was becoming a god actually part of the process he needed to go to in order to "ride the planet"?
    Or was by this point, Sephiroth so wacked out he had no real reason to kill anything, he was just a blabbering insane Psycho.

To be honest I'm kinda leaning toward that last option >.<

They both seem like similar enough reasons: Damage the planet and become a god... well once the planet's horribly damaged what more would he be able to do with it than float it around space draining energy from other planets?

Personally I always thought Jenova was running the whole show in terms of all things Sephiroth.

I think Sephiroth's dreams were becoming delusional and maniacal, cause how the hell would he ride the planet?! Sephie lost the plot after Cloud killed him in FF7, I can sympathize with that; dying does lead to depression and other mad emotions.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    They both seem like similar enough reasons: Damage the planet and become a god... well once the planet's horribly damaged what more would he be able to do with it than float it around space draining energy from other planets?

Personally I always thought Jenova was running the whole show in terms of all things Sephiroth.
    Well he never mentioned draining energy from other planets... >.>

Psi DON'T bring up who was running the show, because...

A. The official word of SE that it was Sephiroth
    B. It will make a big bitch fight between most likely The Crystal and someone else derailing my thread.

Personally I always thought that Jenova was the puppet in the game, for she would of been the last boss if she really had manipulation over Sephiroth's actions and motives. I won't pursue any further for Goldenboko issued us not to in his thread, but that's my opinion anyway.

Sephiroth was basically an evolved form of Jenova in AC. He wanted to gain control over the planet with the negative lifstream so he could use the planet to travel to other planets and infect them, just as Jenova had done before the events of the game.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Last night, I couldn't sleep, and when I can't sleep my mind wanders. For some reason I started thinking about Final Fantasy VII's storyline and how it matches up with FFVIIAC's and I remembered something. In FFVII Sephiroth wanted to damage the earth badly so he could fuse himself into the lifestream therefore becoming a god.

-But- All of a sudden in AC when Cloud asks him what he wants Sephiroth replies "To ride through space with this planet as my vessal just as my mother did." This is clearly different then his original intentions. Which leaves me to wonder...

Did Sephiroth suddenly change his mind in what he wanted?
    Or was becoming a god actually part of the process he needed to go to in order to "ride the planet"?
    Or was by this point, Sephiroth so wacked out he had no real reason to kill anything, he was just a blabbering insane Psycho.

To be honest I'm kinda leaning toward that last option >.<

"All answers are right and all are wrong."

Serious answer: The people who did FFVII and the people who did FFAC may not be from the same "team" in Sqaure, and if they are they may just have thought up new ideas, it's the same as (SPOILER)Rufus suddenly being alive in AC despite there being no evidence in FFVII.

Sometimes I prefer forgetting that AC even coexists along with VII, for some of the areas in the movie really disappointed me and were kinda flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Sometimes I prefer forgetting that AC even coexists along with VII, for some of the areas in the movie really disappointed me and were kinda flawed.
    ja. same thing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post

Well he never mentioned draining energy from other planets... >.>

Psi DON'T bring up who was running the show, because...

A. The official word of SE that it was Sephiroth
    B. It will make a big bitch fight between most likely The Crystal and someone else derailing my thread.
    The words "personally" and "thought" should imply that I'm not intending to enter a debate. It's just a perception; I'm not Future Esthar you know. If someone enters a hot debate because I said what was on my mind, blame the person who enters the hot debate.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 08-13-2007 at 02:08 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Sephiroth states multiple times he's "becoming one with the planet." Pretty consistent to me, just put in different manners, most likely due to different translators. Same concept though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xurts View Post
    Sephiroth was basically an evolved form of Jenova in AC. He wanted to gain control over the planet with the negative lifstream so he could use the planet to travel to other planets and infect them, just as Jenova had done before the events of the game.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Sephiroth states multiple times he's "becoming one with the planet." Pretty consistent to me, just put in different manners, most likely due to different translators. Same concept though.
    Agreed. Keep in mind people, that the translation for FFVII is one of the most poorly handled in the history of the series. And since Nomura handled AC, any perceived inconsistency is likely due to the poor translation of the original game.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Really? I always thought it was done pretty good.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    Really? I always thought it was done pretty good.
    Consider that in the battle arena it says

"Do you want to continue?"

"Off course!" "No Way!"

Or perhaps...

This guy are sick!

I guess it could've been another issue with FFVII's translation.